Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
anyone with tmaxx experience...please help >

anyone with tmaxx experience...please help

anyone with tmaxx experience...please help

Old 04-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default anyone with tmaxx experience...please help

ok....i have alot of play where my universials,go thru my axle carriers....i can tighten all i want and the tire still wobbles.....i am using 17 mm axial beadlockers....wich isnt the problem.....and i have the rpm axial carriers....i have links below to what i have st up on my truck....when i put the new axle carriers on im pretty sure i used the oversized bearings that came with the knucks.....but still lots of play....i may have for some reason used older bearings,trying to conserve where i can....but cant seem to find a set of these oversized bearing in my stuff,wich leads me to believe i used the new oversized ones.....anyway,apparently i cannot just get the bearings,i have to buy all the axle carriers again.....anyone with tmaxx experience have any advice,or where,or how big i need bearings....or anyway to fix this play/wobble going on?
anyway these links are what i have on my truck right now.
rpm knucks
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/product...ires/80585.htm
traxxas universals
i have the 17mm conversion on there as well...
http://traxxas.com/products/nitro/ma...ories/cvds.jpg

this is the last thing wrong on my truck then she will be mint....dropped the .26 picco in her,and she is an animal.....well was reving out of control,until i realized i put the throttle linkage on wrong....*note(read your manuals,study the exploded views....look at how others is set up...hahah)every mistake i made building all my tmaxxes were stupid obvious mistakes.....now i know how to run and tune a nitro engine....time to figure out how to rip em apart,and make em go faster.......oops went off topic there...anyway any tmaxx people on here any help would be awesome....thanks
Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

a little tire wobble is normal.
your problem lies in the axles that come through the spindle.
that little pin that goes trough you wheel axle is too far from the bearings which wil give you tire wobble. you get it on all traxxas cars/trucks.
i have a revo and a rustler that do that also. all you can do is balance your wheels so you dont really see it while driving.
i also found out that you cant drill another hole in the axle to comensate for the slack.
its about a half of a hole off, if you understand what im trying to say.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jaredmausteller
a little tire wobble is normal.
your problem lies in the axles that come through the spindle.
that little pin that goes trough you wheel axle is too far from the bearings which wil give you tire wobble. you get it on all traxxas cars/trucks.
i have a revo and a rustler that do that also. all you can do is balance your wheels so you dont really see it while driving.
i also found out that you cant drill another hole in the axle to comensate for the slack.
its about a half of a hole off, if you understand what im trying to say.
im a little lost...but my friends with the same set up are all good.....im not trying to buy another 2 sets of axle carriers.....i think i should just measure the bearing and go from there...
Old 11-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by drebies_one
im a little lost...but my friends with the same set up are all good.....im not trying to buy another 2 sets of axle carriers.....i think i should just measure the bearing and go from there...

ok i follow now...heh
problem solved..it was actually a problem with the pivot balls.
i did not have them seated right in the carrier.