Search

Traxxas ----Fan Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Traxxas ----Fan Club

Here goes.....hope this Traxxas tread will stay around longer

My Traxxas Revo Platinum Edition.....Not much upgrades visible from stock. Just tried lightening it up a bit.

The original 2 servo steering died. So, in goes a single JR servo (403 oz.in). As of last Sunday my trottle servo also died. Still waiting for replacement servo.

TRX 3.3 engine is pretty good for a small block engine. It screams at high RPM but torque...not much oomp. Tuning a little trouble some. Sometimes it just gets too rich by itself (almost 1 full turn on LSN)

Suspension....love the design. Sway bars help to level the Revo. Landing from jumps (if i can clear the jumps) are plush...don't think I ever saw it bottom out.

The red links are standard on the Revo Platinum...bling bling

So hope u guys reading or looking through find the revo an interesting rc machine. Hahaha...

Please don't ask me how much is the truck and where u got it from. Search the web for the price,ok. I know i spent a fortune to have it.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Next up my Traxxas E-Slayer.....Nitro converted to Brushless.

For those not familiar with Traxxas family of cars, the slayer is basically a short-arm version of the Revo.

This one i went a little over board...more bling bling. Hahaha
Not sure if can see it but the chassis is carbon fiber. The skid plate is one piece stainless steel

I installed the Tekno Revo Brushless conversion kit in it. Kit comes complete with motor mount, battery mount and clutch adapter for electric motor.

Have not run it yet but I am using Speed Passion Silver Arrow esc combo with 2500kv motor. Might be too much motor for the e-slayer..I don't know yet. Also running 2 x 2s IP 5000mh 30C lipo pack. Total 4s. Should go up to 40mph pluss I hope.

This project only started 2 weeks ago. Bought the slayer used then slowly collected the parts for the conversion. Building time i would estimate 8hrs. I dismantle the entire kit, cleaned it, and reinstall everything again without a manual/ instruction.

No body shell yet. Waiting for it to arrive....Got them from VIOS (by the way great seller).

Again hope u guys enjoy it.

Will update on how this project performs.
Any questions, give it a go.

In the mean time, I have another project going.....not traxxas related though.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

excellent work dude... no wonder u were missing from 1/10 EP recently!

very curious and intrigue by the lay down shocks esp. for a offroad truck. so the turning is much smoother? no understeer? Well, my limited knowledge tells me that standup shocks absorb better and quicker turning... oh well

so whats your new project?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nice Platinum Revo there. Here's some old pics of my E-Revo converted to brushless :

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

my wish list ..

1:16 e-revo and slash STOCK 50MPH WOR !!! don't play play
Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

bro 29TC, I thought you convert your 3.3 to EP but it was not You got another Traxxas.........Wah, you show us from big to small huh. That Revo make a buggy look like kid toy Lucky I didnt put my crt.5 beside your 3.3, if not it will like "Hotwheel" car

bro Jeoling, you make most of us lau nua with 3 Revo side by side

bro doriftu, when you want to join offroad? You want to know why 29TC missing from onroad As I know mjc168 going to join offroad back Onroad track already move to B.Kawan, join offroad move nearer
Old 04-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tkhoo
bro 29TC, I thought you convert your 3.3 to EP but it was not You got another Traxxas.........Wah, you show us from big to small huh. That Revo make a buggy look like kid toy Lucky I didnt put my crt.5 beside your 3.3, if not it will like "Hotwheel" car

bro doriftu, when you want to join offroad? You want to know why 29TC missing from onroad As I know mjc168 going to join offroad back Onroad track already move to B.Kawan, join offroad move nearer
Mr Khoo, how are you? I will still stay in onroad. Too lazy to clean a dirty buggy... Yup, i know MJC is joining offroad and has a EP conversion project in progress.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Joeling.

Cool 2 e-revos. How is the MMM treating u? I wanted to try it out but after reading about failures wa hesitate lo.

I decided to try SP Silver Arrow.....1) It included LCD Handheld Unit.
2) My Touring car esc SP GT never failed me.
Note: SP Silver Arrow ---rebadged HobbyWing 150A esc(also known to smoke)

I was eyeing an e-revo for easy of use but decided to convert nitro chassis to EP due to preference for more Bling-bling chassis . Hahahaha

I'll post more info on Revo handling later tonight (Just for u Kenneth) with more picts.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default MMM

Sorry for 'out of topic' in here..
Seems bro joeling in, i like to have some info for the MMM ESC.
I bought the MMM ESC for my new project to pair with novak HV pro 6.5T.
i knew that the sensored ESC only can match with sensored brushless motor but sensoreless ESC can match either sensored/sensoreless brushless motor.

MMM ESC - Sensoreless ESC
NOVAK HV Pro 6.5T Motor - Sensored Motor

I noticed something happened to my system when the motor start to accelerate. The motor seems don't know to forward or reverse for 2-3 second. It's like 'glitched'.

With my understanding, this issue will not happen to sensored ESC & Motor cuz the pole of sensored motor able to know their position correctly.

Question:-
1. Are these happen to u while u are using the combo MMM (ESC & Motor)?
2. How to avoid the 'glitch' issue here? cuz this ESC was superb!!
3. Is it normal that the ESC cooling fan not working after signal from radio detected (or working if certain heat detected?)

By the way, i owned 2 E-Revo which converted to Novak Brushless Combo 4.5T. (actually, the other 1 for spare part since no traxxas distributor in Malaysia)
need to change the diff oil for racing, front=5k, mid=7k, rear=2k.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

hi 29TC,

Don't worry about the MMM. All esc will die eventually. I'm still pretty happy with them. So, all my 8th scale are stilling using them. Good thing Castle Creations is pretty good with service & claims.

Originally Posted by 29TC
Joeling.

Cool 2 e-revos. How is the MMM treating u? I wanted to try it out but after reading about failures wa hesitate lo.

I decided to try SP Silver Arrow.....1) It included LCD Handheld Unit.
2) My Touring car esc SP GT never failed me.
Note: SP Silver Arrow ---rebadged HobbyWing 150A esc(also known to smoke)

I was eyeing an e-revo for easy of use but decided to convert nitro chassis to EP due to preference for more Bling-bling chassis . Hahahaha

I'll post more info on Revo handling later tonight (Just for u Kenneth) with more picts.
Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 04-23-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Hi mohd noor,

It should not be. I have never experienced this . I'm normally using the MMM either the Neu or Medusa research. Maybe have to play around with the PC setting a little bit.

I have heard of this 'glitch' though from people from other forums. I think it was something either gearing not right or power supply (i.e. battery) not enough oomph or was it motor not powerful enough (cannot be 100% sure though) .

Sorry if I could not be more helpful .

Originally Posted by mohd noor
Sorry for 'out of topic' in here..
Seems bro joeling in, i like to have some info for the MMM ESC.
I bought the MMM ESC for my new project to pair with novak HV pro 6.5T.
i knew that the sensored ESC only can match with sensored brushless motor but sensoreless ESC can match either sensored/sensoreless brushless motor.

MMM ESC - Sensoreless ESC
NOVAK HV Pro 6.5T Motor - Sensored Motor

I noticed something happened to my system when the motor start to accelerate. The motor seems don't know to forward or reverse for 2-3 second. It's like 'glitched'.

With my understanding, this issue will not happen to sensored ESC & Motor cuz the pole of sensored motor able to know their position correctly.

Question:-
1. Are these happen to u while u are using the combo MMM (ESC & Motor)?
2. How to avoid the 'glitch' issue here? cuz this ESC was superb!!
3. Is it normal that the ESC cooling fan not working after signal from radio detected (or working if certain heat detected?)

By the way, i owned 2 E-Revo which converted to Novak Brushless Combo 4.5T. (actually, the other 1 for spare part since no traxxas distributor in Malaysia)
need to change the diff oil for racing, front=5k, mid=7k, rear=2k.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Dude, one is a savage lah .

Originally Posted by tkhoo

Old 04-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Addict

Ya I know Castle Creation's are good in the warranty department. I have a MM and also the micro esc. Somehow this time I decided to skip the MMM.

I am currently waiting for the Tekin brushless combo.

Mohd Noor,

Here is what I know about the MMM....
1) Esc fan only turns on when it is needed. (i read on another forum).
2)The glitching issues is called COG-ing (when motor does not know which direction to spin - normal for sensorless motor/esc combo).
I have read that change the punch setting might help.

E-revo...in stock form, there is no center diff, right? Or did u upgrade with center diff?
I know revos use very heavy diff oil!! Front 50k-30K, Center 100K or higher (500k prefered by many) and rear 10k-30K.
U should check out traxxas forum for e-revo race set-ups.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by 29TC; 04-23-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Dude, I also have a Savage....but now collecting dust.
After running the Revo, the Savage feels so inadequate.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Yo Kenneth,

Here is some info on revo lay-down shocks.....

The shocks are progressive shocks. I think it means initial squat u get soft setting but the lower the shocks compress, the setting gets stiffer...ala no bottom out suspension.

In the Revo Platinum edition, internally there is the so called "Variable Damping Rate(VDR)". It varies the rate the shock rebounds on rough surface, making sure u have constant contact on the track.

In other words, this trucks handles like on rails. Its built and designed to race.

I have a savage now a Revo. Racing wise, a stock Revo slaps the stock savage in, I have to say every aspect.

I bash with mostly 1/8 Nitro Buggies......in my hands no way can I keep up with the buggies. But in a more expert hands, I have seen my Revo keep up with them.
Only loose out in short-run up to jumps and long straights. Steering on this monster is excellent. Sometimes over-steer.

I am hoping my project e-slayer will get me closer to running down a buggy....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.