Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
oh.. one more thing.. you use steel swing shafts (pictured above in 44mm) and alum in the rear for the TB-03.
46mm for TA05V2.. but varies depending on your suspension blocks
Hey Hebiki, I think I know were you were, I was with Charles Ligthfoot near your pit station.

Thanks for the parts, a couple of questions:
1. I will be running this sedan at RCGT on a 21.5 (more than the TCS silver can), I am use to my F1 (almost always on the gas). Is the spoll better for this set up? (car faster? better braking?)
2. Should I just upgrade the stock diff's which have to be glued and constantly fall apart.
3. Has anyone run the TA05V2 with the spoll on the back and a diff in front?

Thanks again, M
Old 05-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeliYogi
Hey Hebiki, I think I know were you were, I was with Charles Ligthfoot near your pit station.

Thanks for the parts, a couple of questions:
1. I will be running this sedan at RCGT on a 21.5 (more than the TCS silver can), I am use to my F1 (almost always on the gas). Is the spoll better for this set up? (car faster? better braking?)
2. Should I just upgrade the stock diff's which have to be glued and constantly fall apart.
3. Has anyone run the TA05V2 with the spoll on the back and a diff in front?

Thanks again, M
1. yes.. spool up front will give you better braking and more stability. you lose entry steering, but that can be compensated by adjusting your set up.

2. yes.. always upgrade your diff if you can.

3. spool in the back is a no-no for racing. thats only for drifting. diff in the rear, spool up front.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Ok will try

1. yes.. spool up front will give you better braking and more stability. you lose entry steering, but that can be compensated by adjusting your set up.

2. yes.. always upgrade your diff if you can.

3. spool in the back is a no-no for racing. thats only for drifting. diff in the rear, spool up front.

Thanks again Hebiki, do you go to WCRC track?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey All,

I am expecting a new TA 05 v2 from my LHS, and have a couple questions (wish I found this thread sooner):

- Does a Spool already come with the car or is it a one-way?
- What option parts are recommended for this car (part numbers needed as well).
-How does the chassis like LiPo batteries? Is there a specific design of LiPo you need to get?

I think that is all I have for now. Thank you for your patience. This is my first Tamiya kit and I want to know more about this car and about Tamiya R/C.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Hey All,

I am expecting a new TA 05 v2 from my LHS, and have a couple questions (wish I found this thread sooner):

- Does a Spool already come with the car or is it a one-way?
- What option parts are recommended for this car (part numbers needed as well).
-How does the chassis like LiPo batteries? Is there a specific design of LiPo you need to get?

I think that is all I have for now. Thank you for your patience. This is my first Tamiya kit and I want to know more about this car and about Tamiya R/C.
Car comes with One-Way you need to get the Spool. As for the optional parts I would change the suspension mounts for sure F/R. Here is a link for the rest of the hop-ups for the v2 hope that this will get you going for now. http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rcp...=desc&offset=1
Old 05-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tiko
Car comes with One-Way you need to get the Spool. As for the optional parts I would change the suspension mounts for sure F/R. Here is a link for the rest of the hop-ups for the v2 hope that this will get you going for now. http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rcp...=desc&offset=1
Thank you for the link. I sent the part numbers over to my LHS.

But how does the car handle LiPo 2s? Does anyone have any pictures or recommended "grinding" needed to fit LiPo 2s 5000Mah+?

Nevermind, I think I may have answered my own question:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...agic-e4js.html

However, I don't know if the car is packing a 5000mah battery or not. Hopefully Noel or anyone else that has this chassis may be able to answer this question?

Last edited by HarryN; 05-26-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Lord

Thank you for the link. I sent the part numbers over to my LHS.

But how does the car handle LiPo 2s? Does anyone have any pictures or recommended "grinding" needed to fit LiPo 2s 5000Mah+?

Nevermind, I think I may have answered my own question:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...agic-e4js.html

However, I don't know if the car is packing a 5000mah battery or not. Hopefully Noel or anyone else that has this chassis may be able to answer this question?
if your lipos has the humps.. no grinding of the battery slots are needed. if its flat.. its better to grind down everything in the battery compartment except for the inner retaining wall.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by HeliYogi
Thanks again Hebiki, do you go to WCRC track?
unfortunately i dont have time to go.. but i have been there 3-4 times. great track for learning set up.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

if your lipos has the humps.. no grinding of the battery slots are needed. if its flat.. its better to grind down everything in the battery compartment except for the inner retaining wall.
Much appreciated! So looks like my TP 5200 battery will be having issues then, since it has a flat bottom. How much of the tub do I have to grind, minus the inner wall?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

in my IFS-R, using a TP5000, I didn't grind anything. I am using the carbon strap though (very thin), with a 2mm spacer under each post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stitchy
in my IFS-R, using a TP5000, I didn't grind anything. I am using the carbon strap though (very thin), with a 2mm spacer under each post
Ahh gotcha. Would you know anyone who might have them in stock in case my LHS cannot get them?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Speedtech's expecting a Tamiya shipment soon. I'll check if there are any in there
Old 05-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Lord

Ahh gotcha. Would you know anyone who might have them in stock in case my LHS cannot get them?
Speedtech's expecting a Tamiya shipment soon. I'll check if there are any in there
Harry

best thing to do is try to "forecast" what hopups you want to get for your car. then send that list to Jeff at SpeedtechRC.com so he can order the whole she-bang for you. he can get Tamiya stuff very quickly. (Direct line to TamiyaUSA)

nothing is worse than trying to build a car and you dont have all the hopups you want.

- Chris
Old 05-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Ahh perfect. Hopefully Speedtechrc.com stocks up on a lot of their parts inventory for the TA05v2. I noticed there are quite a bit of stuff out of stock.

Would you know when "soon" might be? Like later in the week or next week?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Harry

best thing to do is try to "forecast" what hopups you want to get for your car. then send that list to Jeff at SpeedtechRC.com so he can order the whole she-bang for you. he can get Tamiya stuff very quickly. (Direct line to TamiyaUSA)

nothing is worse than trying to build a car and you dont have all the hopups you want.

- Chris
Well I am not going to make it a blue monster. Just the ones people are recommending to get, that do not come with the kit already like the suspension mounts, and the CVDs for the car. Other than that, what else is really needed? Sway bars?

I mean I can always add the bling in later. Just wanna get the car nice and sturdy first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.