Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi, I need help finding the right gears for my car.
I will be racing with a Novak Havoc Spec Brushless System 10.5 with NiMh batteries in an asphalt parking lot, the area of the track is arround 195ft x 95 ft., I don't know the actual lenght.

Any recomendation on tires?

I have never race a touring car, so I don't even know where to start.

Thanks

F.G.
Originally Posted by gashuffer
7,22FD
Just incase you needed more of a break down.

Primary: (spur / pinion) 110 / 34 = 3.23
Internal: (diff / center) 36 / 16 = 2.25
Tamiya TA-05 FINAL DRIVE RATIO (34t pinion): (primary x internal) 3.23 x 2.25 = 7.26

In RC drifting, you generally lean towards a higher ratio because torque is what makes the wheels spin.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also, keep in mind that the new TA05(the ver.2) uses that same size center & diff pulleys as the 416(37 tooth & 18 tooth), so the ver.2's outdrive ratio is actually 2.055. But all of the older versions of the '05 are 2.25....
Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Also, keep in mind that the new TA05(the ver.2) uses that same size center & diff pulleys as the 416(37 tooth & 18 tooth), so the ver.2's outdrive ratio is actually 2.055. But all of the older versions of the '05 are 2.25....
Ohhh good point! I forgot about that.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pingers
I'm not a huge fan of the CF chassis for the TA05, it might be heavier. But I really like my tub!
With a CF Chassis it looks more impressive in my opinion. Easier to clean than tub too, I assume. But with air blower / compressor, even with tub it is find. It will be dust-free in a few seconds.

Just a quick questions, do Tamiya sell only the V2 tub chassis? Need one for spares (:
Old 12-29-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Mezan all the way from singapore. Yes i have seen Tamiya's original ver2 tub on just one or two online store. Believe there were priced at USD20plus if memory serves me right. Does stargek have any which i am curious cos i wanna get 1 myself.

Originally Posted by mezan
With a CF Chassis it looks more impressive in my opinion. Easier to clean than tub too, I assume. But with air blower / compressor, even with tub it is find. It will be dust-free in a few seconds.

Just a quick questions, do Tamiya sell only the V2 tub chassis? Need one for spares (:
Old 12-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Pingers
Just incase you needed more of a break down.

Primary: (spur / pinion) 110 / 34 = 3.23
Internal: (diff / center) 36 / 16 = 2.25
Tamiya TA-05 FINAL DRIVE RATIO (34t pinion): (primary x internal) 3.23 x 2.25 = 7.26

In RC drifting, you generally lean towards a higher ratio because torque is what makes the wheels spin.
Now I'm shure about two things:
1. This is a great forum
2. I don't know anything about cars!!

Is there any web site where I can look for car basic concepts? This is my first car and I'm starting to think that helis are much easier to set up.

Francisco G.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Dang, I just bought the aluminum blocks for the TA05v2 and I found out you need a additional pack of pivot balls!!! I bought some pivot balls from 3Racing, but they're too big! Arg...
Old 12-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Akudou
Hey Mezan all the way from singapore. Yes i have seen Tamiya's original ver2 tub on just one or two online store. Believe there were priced at USD20plus if memory serves me right. Does stargek have any which i am curious cos i wanna get 1 myself.
I'm not sure if stargek have them. Have not check with them. Will check with them soon, and will let you know. As I'm also looking for one.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Are the aluminium blocks from Tamiya or 3Racing?

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Dang, I just bought the aluminum blocks for the TA05v2 and I found out you need a additional pack of pivot balls!!! I bought some pivot balls from 3Racing, but they're too big! Arg...
Old 12-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Mezan. Can you please source out what else is available for our ver2 in singapore? I'm from Brunei by the way

I'm not sure if stargek have them. Have not check with them. Will check with them soon, and will let you know. As I'm also looking for one.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Mezan. Can you please source out what else is available for our ver2 in singapore? I'm from Brunei by the way
Can sure. I will follow gashuffer V2 as a guide as I, myself is hunting down for parts but still confused on which to buy. haha!

You using V2 for drifting? or touring?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

I have quite a number of parts installed on the V2. And am still sourcing out just a few items to complete the whole hop-up as to claim it a TRF. Even most of my screws are the blue hop-ups from Tamiya. What parts are you looking for? I can help out with the part number which fits the V2. I use my chassis for drifting and occasionally TC with it.

Can sure. I will follow gashuffer V2 as a guide as I, myself is hunting down for parts but still confused on which to buy. haha!

You using V2 for drifting? or touring?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have quite a number of parts installed on the V2. And am still sourcing out just a few items to complete the whole hop-up as to claim it a TRF. Even most of my screws are the blue hop-ups from Tamiya. What parts are you looking for? I can help out with the part number which fits the V2. I use my chassis for drifting and occasionally TC with it.
Ouh. Great to see another drifter with a Ver2! I've only changed my spur, pinion and damper only as of now. Looking forward to change the bulkhead for front and rear so it will be easier to clean.

According to gasshuffer Ver2, he uses IFS bulkhead for the front and TA05 for the rear. I assume they would fit without any modifications needed. Right?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, the Bulkhead needed for V2 are the IFS for front and the normal TA05's bulkhead for the rear. No modification necessary.

Yes im a drifter from Brunei and so far there are 3 V2 drifting on our streets. My V2 has seen changes such as front universals, steering sets, rockerarm set with bearings, aluminium direct coupling F&R, 64 pitch pinion and spurs, Tamiya's spring (medium F&R), Stabiliser bars, suspension mounts (F&R), side brace,etc. Its a reliable machine for drifts and serves very well.

Ouh. Great to see another drifter with a Ver2! I've only changed my spur, pinion and damper only as of now. Looking forward to change the bulkhead for front and rear so it will be easier to clean.

According to gasshuffer Ver2, he uses IFS bulkhead for the front and TA05 for the rear. I assume they would fit without any modifications needed. Right?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well noted on the bulkhead. Thanks!
As of the direct coupling, its the same as TA05 right?

Yes, the Bulkhead needed for V2 are the IFS for front and the normal TA05's bulkhead for the rear. No modification necessary.

Yes im a drifter from Brunei and so far there are 3 V2 drifting on our streets. My V2 has seen changes such as front universals, steering sets, rockerarm set with bearings, aluminium direct coupling F&R, 64 pitch pinion and spurs, Tamiya's spring (medium F&R), Stabiliser bars, suspension mounts (F&R), side brace,etc. Its a reliable machine for drifts and serves very well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.