Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Expo Pomona, CA - Worth going to?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default RC Expo Pomona, CA - Worth going to?!

Was wondering if any of you have been to the RC Expo in Pomona? Is it worth the $15 admission? Any good deals? (specifically tires/fuel) THANKS

http://www.rcx.com/Me2/Default.asp
Old 04-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bajaracer1501
Was wondering if any of you have been to the RC Expo in Pomona? Is it worth the $15 admission? Any good deals? (specifically tires/fuel) THANKS

It is the biggest RC expo of the year....there will be an offroad invitional only race....you can try a Axial rock crawler for free...why not!

Will the top companies Like Losi have replacement parts?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)

Originally Posted by bajaracer1501

Hobby People had an exclusive right to sell in the past this is open to all vendors now. Might be some good deals.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Sucked ass last year & has been going down hill since they left Anaheim but I'm still going ,I just dont expect many MFGs to be there if it continues like it has the last few years.I have talked to several companys & they wont be going.It was excellent when it first started though & maybe it will be again someday,we can hope anyway.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

i flew from RI all the Way to Cali this year to go to RCX for the first time.. and not saying it was bad or anything but i thought it would be alot better. only a few "name brand" manufacters are here and no deals at all. the proline tires are only being sold at hobbytown and its more expensive then anywhere else.it was a good time but never again
Old 04-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I went about 4 years ago and I was very disapointed. You couldn't buy anything, there were huge lines for everything and I didn't see anything new. If you like to watch people do things you can do at your local track or flying field then go, if not skip it
Old 04-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

i hear ya jaz, if they want a show they need all the manufactures and be able to buy things and then u might have a good show.. the only thing that made my time and my flight across country worth it was getting to see the top guys race in person and meet them all.. i dont get that chance very often so that was cool
Old 04-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So you get to meet the pro drivers then? Where were the big lines anyway? Rock crawling...offroad race....losi and traxxas booths? Also, how long is the line for the entrance? Im planning on going tomororw.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Lord

I think the year I went was when Traxxas first debuted the Jato..i don't remember, but there were a few "first looks" from some companies. I was really disapointed that I couldn't buy any of them. It would have been really cool if The expo would have been a first look, first buy exclusive, like not available in stores yet, you can only buy it here at the expo. That would have been awesome. I think the best thing about it for me was the battle-bot cage. It was fun watching those things crush each other, and they had a loop ramp on the off-road track so the pro's were doing loops with their buggies. The longest lines were for all the interactive stuff like Drifting, boat trials, EC on-road races, etc. and Horizon, or Hobby people had a store there selling stuff at full retail, but it was all the same stuff your LHS had for half the price
Old 04-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes i got to meet and see all the pros race, adam drake ryan cavalieri ryan mayfeild cody king casey peck mike thrue and ronda skelton. as far as lines not to bad at all im in the military so i got to skip the line to get in but it wasnt long anyway.. losi/horizon are here AE,traxxas novak imex panther pactra axial and more. like i said its not a bad time im going agian tomorrow but i just expected it to be a lil better
Old 04-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

in my opinion i think RCX should be a race too. kinda like motorama, have a certian amount of entries allowed and that will bring in more people to wacth the race and/or to race in turn more compaines will want to go and set up a both seeing more people will be there.. if they are going to call it the biggest rc event of the year then they should make it the biggest entry of the year. i deff think they should hold a race during RCX more people would go
Old 04-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Lord

My local Track is the Nitro Pit, so I race with Ryan quit often, and I get to meet all the big names when they come here. Hell we got about 20 sponsored pro racers that are all locals. I went for the cool stuff and like I said I guess I was just really disappointed that I couldn't spend my money and take home a new toy. It was something I am glad I did, but once was enough..A pro race would bring me back..nothing like a good ass woopin from the best
Old 04-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Little vid from last years RCX...

http://www.undergroundrc.com/videos.aspx?uID=65

Old 04-19-2009, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Default just went yesterday

had a really good time. got to meet and talk to Drake. he is a cool down to earth guy. gave all 3 of us t-shirts. not too crowded. saw some good racing. my son brought his best friend so they now have lots to talk about at their high school rc club meetings. wish rcx would have had event t shirts for sale. i heard this was the first year they didn't have them for sale. cant figure that one out. All in all had a really good time.

Last edited by elkman; 04-20-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I wish they would move it to a more central location in the U.S like St. Louis or somewhere like that. I think it would be a way better show and get alot more people there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.