Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI's new F1

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

When I'm done....I'll post some pics.....finally had the chance to buy the F10 kit!!! I am going to run on High to Medium High traction carpet.....we are allowed Niftech......any idea of a set-up starting point (Mostly interested in the tire/s you guys would try!!) I have the kit (M) fronts and rears.....also the (S) Rears......I was going to try the S Rear M Front combo to start....play with the traction compound and see how it goes!!!!

The T-bar has 2 o-rings under it.....instructions said to loosen both screws 1/2 turn......good starting point or too loose???

Cheers,
Roy
Old 03-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

coldn, I have been in contact with HPI Europe and they won't have the 2009 body cars for a month or two yet. Also, HPI USA is still "deciding" whether or not we here in the USA are "worthy" of getting the 2009 body cars at all.
As to selling the bodies seperately, that will of course depend on whether or not we even get the new cars!

This is why I have repeatedly asked for EVERYONE who is a fan or owner of the Formula Ten to email HPI customer service and tell them that you want the new 2009 Renault R39 and Williams FW31 here in the USA. We need to collectively get on their case and make them understand that there is a market for these cars in the USA. I have sent them several emails about the Formula Ten, but I can't do it all by myself; I'm only one person! It would carry alot more weight if everyone emailed them!! They have responded to me and they will to you as well. It's all a numbers game; the more that create a demand for a product then the better the chance it will happen.
So if we sit back and do nothing then that is likely what we will get,nothing! Asking about it on this forum is all well and good but doesn't really accomplish much. Getting in the game and emailing your concerns to HPI is more likely to get results! If you want it, then ask for it!!

I hope everyone reading this gets my point.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmig
I've been getting pretty good handling with S rear tires and M fronts. Although-- I was getting some of that inconsistant handling you're experiencing at high speeds. The steering linkage is near IMPOSSIBLE to get all the slop out of. I'm thinking of modifying my chassis top plate so I can mount the steering servo up front--use a Kimbro saver and direct link to the steering arms.--
I was able to run low 16 second runs with my F103 foam tire car--and low 17 second runs with the HPI rubber tire car on the same track last night at WC.
I'm thinking the car needs a rear sway bar---I'll be tinkering to see if that addition would work also>

FYI
Tim
Sway bar takes away traction so maybe you'll want it on the front?
I know what you mean by the steering links I have decided to put a better grade servo so that I can eliminate the servo saver (kimbrough). Felt like the servo saver would let the car wander a bit at times.
I was doing 16.5's-16.8's on the current layout but feel I could do much better if I could drive more sure footed down the straight. Like I said the infield section the car was great
Old 03-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd like to run my Yeah Racing lipos in my F10 but they're a little too long. Has anyone fabricated there own battery hold-downs or have any ideas for me?

EDIT: Figured out a solution, the 4 cell hold down braces can be modified to make excellent straps for holding in an upside down lipo pack.

Last edited by Timbulb; 03-19-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default Tamiya Tires on HPI Rims

Has anyone tried to see if Tamiya F1 rubber tires fit on the HPI rims? Do they use the same mounting design? The reason I ask is I can get Tamiya tires significantly cheaper than the HPI Bridgestone ones.

Where is everyone getting their tires? A lot of places have the tires but don't carry the rims.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

do someone knows when HPI will release the foam tyre conversion set?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Has anyone tried to see if Tamiya F1 rubber tires fit on the HPI rims? Do they use the same mounting design? The reason I ask is I can get Tamiya tires significantly cheaper than the HPI Bridgestone ones.

Where is everyone getting their tires? A lot of places have the tires but don't carry the rims.
Some guys at my track are running F201 wheels on their cars very succesfully.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hello, i have read threw every page of this thread and have seen people state the the Orion packs fit this car does anybody have a link to the best one? all my 2s lipos don't fit this car and i want to drive this thing bad.
Thanks,
Thomas
Old 04-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have emailed HPI regarding the availability of bodies. The response I got was that it was doubtful that they will be available in the US due to the lack of popularity. Maybe if they offered more choices, they would be more popular. The one thing I like about RC, is the options available. I wish options were available for the Formula Ten!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 3rd-dan
Hi guys,

do someone knows when HPI will release the foam tyre conversion set?
It has been available for awhile;
http://myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?...ls_95t_64p_f10
Old 04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by omalley72
I have emailed HPI regarding the availability of bodies. The response I got was that it was doubtful that they will be available in the US due to the lack of popularity. Maybe if they offered more choices, they would be more popular. The one thing I like about RC, is the options available. I wish options were available for the Formula Ten!
We will have a chassis option next month
Old 04-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING
Hello, i have read threw every page of this thread and have seen people state the the Orion packs fit this car does anybody have a link to the best one? all my 2s lipos don't fit this car and i want to drive this thing bad.
Thanks,
Thomas
Basically, if the lipo is shaped like an old stick pack then it will fit the F10. Here is an example;
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXCK0&P=7
Old 04-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks MikeR.

I didnt knew it.

I think i know which chassis option part is coming next.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Timbulb

The HPI tires are better then the Tamiya rubber... I have a Tamiya 104 and I'm running HPI ( RIDE ) rubber... The Tamiya rubber will be too loose on the HPI rim... I tried putting HPI rubber on Tamiya rims and they were too tight.... different mounting design as well... I think that HPI uses standard sedan mounting system... I believe I've seen some guys run sedan foams on there F10...
Old 04-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

I actually got a set of the Bridgestone S Grips. They're awesome and far grippier than any of the Tamiya rubber tires. I was finally glad I went with the HPI Formula 1 car instead of a Tamiya. My club has gone to rubber only, and my cohorts are in for it now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.