Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They are open for business. Instead of the "info" email use "Chris@...."
Old 09-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default LCG Updates

It's hard to keep up with all the questions on the LCG platform but I have taken some notes wile reading the newer posts:
-We do have a review coming up and we will post where to read it when its out.
-What bodies will fit? Everything on the market as far as I know; everything we have tried is no problem. We are playing around with some of the low-pro formula bodies that would never fit over the shock towers of most tcs.
-Roll center adjustments: you can adjust the upper and lower roll centers vertically with washers or shims. We will be updating the car for more horizontal adjustment capability in the future.
-Foam vrs. Rubber? Most of our development testing was done with foam but the car has proven to be more than capable with rubber as well.
-I believe the adjustability has been well explained. We are working on getting the rest of the literature on the website so you can take a look at the assembly to see how everything works together.
-CF vrs. FRP? CF stands for Carbon Fiber meaning the chassis, steering plates and shock towers are carbon fiber laminates. FRP stands for Fiber reinforced plastic. The FRP material is significantly cheaper and slightly less stiff than the carbon fiber but weighs verry little more .
-Delamination problems? We have had two cases of the steering base plate delaminating upon a hard impact. That part has been replaced with solid carbon fiber solving the prolem. The rest of the parts are not capable of delamination because of the orientation of the screws.
-Stiffness of just the lower deck? The single lower carbon laminate deck is amazingly stiff. The two stiff sheets of thinner carbon seperated by the thicker, lighter plastic creates a support space between the carbon giving it excellent rigidity wile being lighter than a solid carbon chasis.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've been keeping an eye on this car for a little while and plan to backorder one as soon as my next paycheck arrives.. but I am also curious about the fact the car has no swaybars and doesn't seem to be anyway of mounting them... is there a reason for this?
Old 09-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

bump

anyone got some reports?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I am the Australian dealer for this car and my first 3 kits arrived yesterday, and I'll be building a kit up to race for next week (and will post my findings thereafter) wh the other 2 to be offered for sale (with more stock arriving shortly.)

My first impressions are that all the parts are of the highest quality and machining. The laminated CF chassis with replaceable droop plates is a work of art, and is as lightweight and strong as indicated. The design itself is extremely well executed with various design ideas integrated seamlessly, and no gimmicks. Obviously the proof will be on the track but things are looking good for this car.

Steve James
Old 09-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

you have the stand up shocks or lay down shock? Interested in hearing what you find.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Isaac,

I have both the laydown and upright shock kits in my posession, but will be trying the laydown kit first (because I'm a bit of a chassis geek). Amongst other cars I have previously owned both a Tamiya TA05 IFS-R and a TB03 with laydown front shocks, and had no issues with the setup or handling of these cars due to the IFS, and expect the LCG to be the same.

I'll put it together over the weekend hopefully and give it a shake down then, but will race it first in just over a week's time. I'll keep you posted.

Steve
Old 09-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Post build pics pretty please.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

The other thing which I forgot to ask Chris at Tigermoth was about sway bars. Where I race they make a difference with transition between turns. This car is still high on the list as I like to be different and I am a chassis geek too. Also what shocks will you be using?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

I'll be using the best shocks in the business...TRF shocks
Old 10-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile

Nice looking car , but I have not seen one in person yet. How about giving me one to try out here on the east coast. We do have the Carpet Nats @ my home track coming up you know...................
Old 10-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Nice looking car , but I have not seen one in person yet. How about giving me one to try out here on the east coast. We do have the Carpet Nats @ my home track coming up you know...................

I said the same thing...
Old 10-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74

+

=

j/k

That still makes me laugh every time I see it.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I've just finished building mine and I can categorically say they are even better in the flesh than in the pictures.. very good quality and a pretty quick build
Old 10-22-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey Tigermoth...This car looks great and I'm VERY interested as are many others but before we plunk down that kind of cash in this economy what do you say to putting a couple of these things in skilled hands and do some beta testing or give us some real input. It kills me that you folks seem to have a viable product but there's nothing being said to make us want to buy it. We need input !! If the thing works ...I'll buy. If it needs some tweaking...best you find out and see if it's worth tweaking. I for one run an old xxx-s which serves me well in RCGT even though I have a stable of Tamiya's top cars on my shelf. I've been at this long enough to know NOT to go crazy and buy a new car with no history and no performance or quality reports. Nuff said...get on with it !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.