Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Old 12-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ran my TC3 today felt good, turns were good the back was a little loose Im ruuning gold shock with 60wt oil in the rear and no sway bar inthe back.I was going to add a sway bar and check the droop and ride hight. I may also just start from the step one and go back to factory settings. any help.
newera152
Old 12-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gmintimidator
How would you go about it? I can't figure out if it's the rear or the front or both laying over. Do I go up a spring rate all around or just go up on the oil in the rear?
yea i would first try a sping rate ALL round

if it is still body rolling then go up another spring rate

if that still doesnt work then go back on spring rate from the one you just did and then go and change to oil in the rear if the rear is the one that is loose

but i would really recommend the sway bars

Hope it helps
Old 12-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I finally got my swaybars. I picked up 2 sets. You'd install one on the front and rear then over making those other changes?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

alright now install one in the front and one in the rear (sway bars)

with that installed also change your springs to a spring rate stiffer in BOTH FRONT AND REAR
Old 12-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Anthony,

Thanks for your input. I will give it a try this Sunday. I am already at my maximum spring on the front as the white is the heaviest in the AE kit. I am going to a purple on the rear and giving the sway bars a shot.

Thanks, much appreciated
Daryll
Old 12-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

gmintimidator, what surface are you running on for your car to roll over? Have you tried changing your camber links?
Old 12-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

your welcome

and very much pleased

LOL

if anything happens the way it is not saposed to just get me
Old 12-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Graphiteman,

I am having roll over issues on carpet. If I lay back and run 10.x laps the car is ok, it's only when I try and push it harder and tighten my line up to get it down in the 9.x lap times it rolls over on entry.

I haven't tried that yet. Any suggestions? *L* I am going to have to get there way early to try out all this stuff and find a combo I like! I appreciate all the help, keep it coming.

Thanks
Daryll
Old 12-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

It sounds like your chassis is too high possibly. What is your ride height? You may want to check your tire diameter first. Compare it to what the other guys are running. There are some fast guys that run the TC3 on carpet that may chime in. I would think you could run 5mm on carpet.... maybe less? There are some fast guys still racing the TC3, and I think Rick Worth is one of them. You could send him a message for help. If you are only a few tenths off the fast guys now, you will be the guy to beat if you get your setup worked out. It seems you are very close, just a few minor adjustments will get you at least a few tenths.... probably more.

Thereare some setup sheets from previous events. Take a look on www.rc10.com

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/r...birds_2004.pdf
Old 12-16-2005, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

gmintimidator - Drop me an e-mail if you have any questions. R.W.

[email protected]
Old 12-16-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run a TC3 on carpet. I was having the same problem with my car rolling over. I put my ride height as low as possible. I run it around 4mm.

You can try this setup http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...birds_2004.pdf

I run 70wt oil up front with yellow springs, 50wt and copper springs in the back. Moved the battery to the front position.

My car is pretty dialed in at my local track.....now if i could only drive
Old 12-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=anthony390]alright now install one in the front and one in the rear (sway bars)

with that installed also change your springs to a spring rate stiffer in BOTH FRONT AND REAR[/QUOTE

why would u go up another spring rate after putting swaybar on? dont go up, the sway bars make springs feel stiffer on the track which keeps the car flat cuz its giving tension more then what the lb of the spring is trying to make the car flat threw the corner. take the rear bar off, and run the med(stk ft tc3 bar) on the front with blue front silver rear springs and 40wt oil #2 pistons
Old 12-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gmintimidator
Anthony,

Thanks for your input. I will give it a try this Sunday. I am already at my maximum spring on the front as the white is the heaviest in the AE kit. I am going to a purple on the rear and giving the sway bars a shot.

Thanks, much appreciated
Daryll

PURPLE! WTF no no, for rubber never go up that high its not needed, not even on super high bite tracks.. omg thats crazy talk.. ive run rubber at 3 high bite big races and never needed to go that high in a spring rate, EVER! gold silver is prolly the highest ive gone and the possible red. i dont even run white in stock foam or yellow, for the sake of making your car work for you take the white and purple springs off your car. ill send u my setup for high bite if u want it...
Old 12-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=lazyboy]
Originally Posted by anthony390
alright now install one in the front and one in the rear (sway bars)

with that installed also change your springs to a spring rate stiffer in BOTH FRONT AND REAR[/QUOTE

why would u go up another spring rate after putting swaybar on? dont go up, the sway bars make springs feel stiffer on the track which keeps the car flat cuz its giving tension more then what the lb of the spring is trying to make the car flat threw the corner. take the rear bar off, and run the med(stk ft tc3 bar) on the front with blue front silver rear springs and 40wt oil #2 pistons

actually your a BIT wrong on the spring tension being combined with the sway bar

a SWAY BAR does NOTHING when braking in a striaght line
a sway bar is only used on configural forces (such as turning and the wieght is shifted to the outside of the car which gives body roll)

so i MIGHT agree with you about not going up another spring rate because we dont know how much body roll he has exactly but the sway bar is a for SURE thing to do on both front and rear
Old 12-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wcalaker
I run a TC3 on carpet. I was having the same problem with my car rolling over. I put my ride height as low as possible. I run it around 4mm.

You can try this setup http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...birds_2004.pdf

I run 70wt oil up front with yellow springs, 50wt and copper springs in the back. Moved the battery to the front position.

My car is pretty dialed in at my local track.....now if i could only drive
This may work with my car

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.