Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Bubblestc3
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have never had any problems with Aluminium screws. I have never striped a screw, or broke one in a crash. I guess you got some bad screws...?
No hes true, BLue Alum screws Suck AS$. I stripped on First Night w/ tc3 with a Carbon Fiber chassis.... I had to dremel my brand new Carbon fiber Chassis to get the screw out. Im not using Rcscrews Stainless steel screws. Seem to hold pretty well and it looks Really Nice too
Old 04-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Never broke a screw during a wreck?!? Is that like getting the "Cleanest Uniform" award in football? (Sorry, just kidding, couldn't resist)

I don't think it was bad screws. Might have been the 10 year old kid trying to race his dad's Dual Sport with an old 540 motor in a field of top-of-the-line 4wd TC's and not knowing when to get out of the way of real racers. (Had nightmares for weeks over that one) That's ok, one chicken liver and incantation later, my hex was complete, his acne should go away around 30. LOL
Old 04-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

"Cleanest Uniform" HA

I race at SoCal weekly, with the same car, and have had my share of HARD AS$ HITS. I guess I also take my time when tightening the screws into the composite parts, but SoCal should be a good test of durability, right?
Old 04-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

SoCal, huh? Might end up that way in Nov., but can only stay as long as I can breathe clearly. LOL Too used to the trees and real oxygen up here. Maybe you got the only good set of aluminum screws because every set I've seen or hear about, they acted like pot metal, breaking if you look at them wrong. They definately don't belong in the off-road FT kits Associated has. Even the Factory Team guys I've seen switched some of the "weak point" screws to the titanium or steel ones. 'Nuff said on that topic, NEXT!!
Old 04-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Talking car isnt straight...

hey guys... i still havent gone to a race yet. but ive been tweaking my setups and trying to learn how to corner properly. Ive also been doing stupid stuff in my house such as going full speed with a monster stock pro geared at 26/72 in the hallway anyway, i stripped my servo, its kinda funky, im gonna have it replaced with a new and improved one (for racing).
i was looking at the hitec hs645, but since reading the above posts, im thinking about the futaba s3305, its same price and has same numbers, just not digital. What do you guys think.

Since yesterday ive noticed that my car isnt going straight anymore. when going full throt or close to it, it veers to the left, and when i let go of throttle(without applying brakes) it veers to the right. Ive done battery mod to the chassis, and ive got a stripped servo. Would these be causing this or is it something else?

Old 04-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Stripped servo sounds like the culprit. It's like a real car, you knocked it out of alignment. As for the servo, if it's the same, go digital. The analog servo does not repeat the signal to stay where it's told to by the transmitter as fast as the digital. It will make for more accurate responses and better sustaining of the position it's told to be in.

As for racing indoors!!!! Get a micro RS4!!! First it's replacing the servo, then the A-arms, then the cat!!! LOL
Old 04-05-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Go with JR if you can afford it and Stay away from HITEC. And go Digital.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've always had bad luck with aluminum screws too. I already replaced mine with stainless steel ones from RC ScrewZ.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

I only use the aluminum screws in the diff cases on top(pretty blue=fast right). Everything on the underside I use stainless. With the stainless I dont have to be careful when wrenching at the track.

Hitech definately gets a big thumbs down from me. I own 2 of them and both are worth no more than a spare plug in an emergency.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My friend runs a hitec and has had a few problems with his, go for a KO or Airtronics i would say.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

the tc3 is a great car.

i got mine last september and dispite breaking alot due to bad luck and driving i have won many trophies at my local club(bedworthrccc)

it handles very well on the new track we laid last month and i reccomend it to any one.

i have also found that you break less parts on it due to it pan construction

richard
Old 04-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

I also am not a HUGE fan of Hitec, but I can say that their customer service is top notch. I sent in a broken servo, and they got it back to me quick.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

**FUTABA** IMO is Good. I have had my 9450 Dig one for about 2 years and its Flawless
Old 04-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default Digital Servo

I recently bought an Airtonics 94757 metal gear digital servo and the difference is astounding. I was running a stock analog servo and had decent results (no 1st place, but got to occasionally stand on the podium). After I switched, the car handled smoother and I had better control. Better control= Better lap times. I have heard bad things about Hitec, except from the guys paid to say nice things about Hitec. The only Hitec servos that have been given good reviews on, you have to sell your first born child to afford, it's not like that with the other guys.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

the brand of your kit isnt the thing.

its all down to personal preference.

i personally use the sanwa gemini ll

and its way better than ko and all the other brands.

richard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.