Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is this just me, or has everyone else that has done this mod just not said anything about it? All parts are new and unused, unheated, or any other thing that may have altered them in this area. MikeD and MikeB, any input on this? Thanks alot in advance...

- Dave
Old 01-25-2004, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Dave W, if you use shims to get it out you would be defeating the purpose of lowering the pins in the first place. I think most of these guys machine the blocks down to get what they want. They just don't use a rear bumber. R.W.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is the F block in the rear affecting the rear toe?
Old 01-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey any of yall have a good stock rubber carpet setup? Im ging home in a few weeks and might drop by this shop near an announcing gig Im doing and it has a fairly small carpet touring track (big enough to handle 1/10, but probably a very busy layout)
Old 01-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

The F block in the rear will affect the toe. That's why you should use a 3+2 block on the back. The 3 brings it back to about 1 to 1.5 toe & the 2 makes the squat close to 0. R.W.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Rick Worth
The F block in the rear will affect the toe. That's why you should use a 3+2 block on the back. The 3 brings it back to about 1 to 1.5 toe & the 2 makes the squat close to 0. R.W.
Your about right on. I just put the blocks on mine and did some measuring. With the F Block and the 3+2 block it has 1.35* toe in (per side) and + 0.1* pro squat.

Oh yea, Mike, the holes on my shock tower are .130" apart. So I guess raising the tower .030 would be .100 down for the top hole. Do you run it with the washers? Much difference?

take care
john
Old 01-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default The new clamping aluminum Hex adaptors?

Who makes them and where can you buy them at for the TC3?
Thanks
Old 01-25-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Associated makes them and Yokomo also carries them for the TC3....
Old 01-25-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Rick Worth: in answer to your question last page, the thinnest & lightest to my knowledge is the Tobee shaft for stock racing only, i think you can see it at speedtechrc
Old 01-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

dave w, i've never heard anyone mention (till recently) the effect of the F block on anti squat. but you're right, i've done that mod & my car looks the same.

proficar, i first put the F block in the rear to loss some rear toe, this mod takes rear toe to 1degree, but obvoiusly i've screwed up the anti squat in doing so. also the F blocks don't seem consistant in the toe setting, many give 1degree toe in rear some give 1 degree on left and 0degree on right, this isn't a big deal in the front as you can adjust it out.

on the anti squat thing again, the F block places the leading edge of the hingpins lower than an R block, if you run a rear bumper isn't this more anti squat?
Old 01-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

How many of you guys are using the new Jaco Foam Tires? it seems once they get down to around 58mm they start to come apart where the foam meets the Rim. Quick fix would be to put some Losi Tire Glue on the rim and the foam but since our track doesn't get the traction like bigger events where you want to put glue aorund the whole side of the tire, it will hurt the performance on the track that I race at. I tried it this weekend and my car slid around in the rear. Anyone know if this is a defect? I have 15 pair of Rear Tires that are the New Rim and I think that it sucks that witht he old rim I could go down to almost 55mm without worrying about the foam seperating from the Rim!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mike_Webb
How many of you guys are using the new Jaco Foam Tires? it seems once they get down to around 58mm they start to come apart where the foam meets the Rim. Quick fix would be to put some Losi Tire Glue on the rim and the foam but since our track doesn't get the traction like bigger events where you want to put glue aorund the whole side of the tire, it will hurt the performance on the track that I race at. I tried it this weekend and my car slid around in the rear. Anyone know if this is a defect? I have 15 pair of Rear Tires that are the New Rim and I think that it sucks that witht he old rim I could go down to almost 55mm without worrying about the foam seperating from the Rim!!!
hi i notice that yesterday at my track i took my dwn to 57 and they started to do that so i glued the rear tires the front seem to be ok
Old 01-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default oil/ springs set up/end points dual rate on tc3

hey i got a question i was running yellow springs up front camber link low/ long front tower 1.5 camber 2dgree kickup/ 2block on rea purple springs camber link up/ long shocks out on both tower andshock located on inner hole on both arms i notice my car got lose, i think i ran 70wt in front 50 in rear some told me if i put heavy oil in bck could it made my car planted wth 3.o block in rear / short wheel base and also i need help on this

if u shorting ur dual rate u add more end point

also if u add dual rate u short end point what mke the diffrent in both of thm on the tc3 i see some of the guys just whip it around the track i guess i try to hard i hve a ko mars radio i guess it boil dwn to i need track time period
Old 01-26-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

after running the losi xxxs for almost the whole of last year, i'll be racing my newly aquired TC3 for the first time (since my last stint with the TC3) at a race this weekend. its a huge outdoor asphalt track with fast sweeping corners. i may run a one way with it just to see if it can help me keep up my corner speed and make the car flow better ... but i'll also have diff in my toolbox in case i see it fit to use one. im not expecting to really do well but i aim to really learn more about the car and get a better feel of how to drive it. will let you all know how things turn out. ... hopefully i'll still do ok.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

I finally have a pic of our John Bull Racing TC3. It was taken at yesterday's National Championship meeting in which son Josh won all three finals.

Nothing spectacular about it. Chassis mods - just batts moved towards the middle, and a slightly larger opening for the motor.

Note the 5 volt fan. Very effective, especially in our heat.

Drive shafts are Corally Assasin. The plastic blades are tougher than the original IRS pin cushions.

Motors 8 and 9 turn Corally Pro Series Gold. Speedo Novak GT7.

I have discarded AE's propshafts. The Fastrax one fitted may be heavier, but at least it doesn't bend.

This car has now won 16 of the 18 rounds held this year.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-jan-04-jb-tc3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.