Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Can I get everyones opinion on what you think is the best drivetrain setup for running stock rubber on carpet. i.e. diffs and dogbones. I have been thinking of getting an IRS setup with aluminum hubs and pincushion composite bones. Also what are any of you stock rubber carpet guys running for setup? My car has great straight line speed But I dont think it holds much speed through the corners. Im wondering if its just my driving. The car feels neutral to me accept it needs more on power steering off of the corner.
Attached Files
Old 12-18-2003, 04:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default help on carpet

hey all, new to on-road r/c...this stuff is too cool!!
anyway i am looking for some help with my setup for my FT TC3, i run @ www.radicalricks.com on his on road course.
its "short with a nice technical section & one decent length straight"
here is my basic setup that i am running..(anything i dont list is at the stock setting...)
front
60wt #2piston
white spring
F+2
plaid foams 26mm
battery front
rear
60wt #2piston
red spring
R+3+2
shock in outer hole on a-arm
purple foams 26mm
right now the rear end seems quite loose...
any ideas or hints or tips are greatly apreiciated!!
thanks
manny
Old 12-18-2003, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

presure2:
You basically went with the carpet setup in the manual right? My suggestion would be get rid of the white springs in the front and put yellow or purple springs in. Try the purples first. The whites are just too hard for carpet racing IMO. Some people like them, some people don't. I'm one of the latter.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:20 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

SpeediePHATT I use the IRS compsite cvd bones with the pin cushions. Work very well but if you use a spool in the front they will break if you hit stuff with the front of your car. I know I had a fairly light hit and mine one snapped. I figure it is partially because of my IRS locked spool and then the other is the composites are not as strong as steel or even the stock alum. bones. I'm not mad because I know that is the chance I take but it is worth it to me.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Pressure try here for setups. Start with something proven then adjust to your driving style. Witch ya probably wont have for a while. Its best to take a great setup and learn to drive it like it is otherwise being new you wont have the consistancy in your style to accurately make changes. And the best place to get setups for a track is at the track itself.associated setups
Old 12-18-2003, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default AE Spool

Just gt an AE Spool for the TC3!! Has anyone used this aside from the IRS?

Another question: does the XXX-S Bones wil fit the TC3 since its thicker and cheaper the the IRS BIG DAWG Bones?

Lem
Old 12-18-2003, 08:57 AM
dyw
Tech Rookie

Default WYD

Hey i guess anything less then first place shows how much you realy suck
Old 12-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: WYD

Originally posted by dyw
Well then I must really suck. But at least I drive a TC3!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After usage of a spool, i have determined that a diff up front offers me more tuning ability, and LESS broken parts! You can tighten a front diff to give you more exit turn steering, admittedly nowhere near as much as a spool, but in my opinion, that is just more steering to be found elsewhere in the setup. When i goto a race, my car is built with intentions to race, not to be rebuilt because a tuning tool i added to the car actually causes me to rebuild my car for breakage that in unwarranted, or add expensive heavy parts to my car for durability. I want my car to be at legal weight with as little weight in the driveline as possible, and as break-free as possible. There are no trophies for broke-a$$ cars on the sidelines. What REALLY makes it suck is if you didnt hit anything, and the culprit is something that made you "go faster". Again this is MY opinion... gimme a front diff ANYDAY, spools and one-ways are too sketchy with too many possibilities of inconsistency or breakage! I would rather finish 5th in the show, instead of having a DNF... falling from TQ! Again, my opinion.
- Dave

P.S. My spool can be found in the circular file marked "T" for trash... can you tell i hated it?!
Old 12-18-2003, 10:00 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Re: WYD

Originally posted by dyw
Hey keep washing those cars!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm having a problems with a bad tourqe steer on my TC3. Anyone has a fix for it?
Old 12-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
Can I get everyones opinion on what you think is the best drivetrain setup for running stock rubber on carpet. i.e. diffs and dogbones. I have been thinking of getting an IRS setup with aluminum hubs and pincushion composite bones. Also what are any of you stock rubber carpet guys running for setup? My car has great straight line speed But I dont think it holds much speed through the corners. Im wondering if its just my driving. The car feels neutral to me accept it needs more on power steering off of the corner.
Try going back to the 2 degree caster blocks instead of the 4. The added caster gives you great turn in, but it drastically reduces steering coming out of a corner.

Now my question. Im looking for a little more rear traction, but just a little. I dont want to change springs, camber angles, or shock locations. I dont run a rear sway bar, rear droop is 7mm (biggest possibility for change...possibly reduce to 5mm), 2 degrees anti squat, -2 degrees rear toe, and ride height is 5mm.

Im thinking of one of the following:
Reduce droop to 5mm in rear.
Increase front shock oil by 5 #.
Increase anti-squat.

Any suggestions? comments? other ideas?

Thanks

edit: grammer

Last edited by mab_man20; 12-18-2003 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile wyd

Hey now this is me don't know about the other one but do you think he has a point???????
Old 12-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile wyd

Hey where is Turn Marshall Tommy ??????????
Old 12-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mike, when in the corner do you need more rear traction? If it's when you get back on the gas, add more front droop (go to lower # on the gauge). If it's when you let off take out some rear droop (higher #).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.