Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

heres a couple more....almost done, just waiting for my novak brushless and jr radio...and i'm track bound!

just startin...

Last edited by dasgruvn; 08-19-2003 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Lee:

Run the 2 deg hub with the F-2 in front for a total of 4 degrees. This will increase your steering into the corners slightly more because there is less "anti-dive". Its called Kick-up, and lets chassis weight more effectively transfer forward, increasing front traction.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

what I use on my TC3 for steering knuckle and chubs are the 4deg. from the XXX-S gives me a ton of steering same as Bakers setup.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Ray: The TC-3 drivetrain is what makes it so devilishly unpredictable. Wait 'till the indoor season gets in full swing, Pulfer, Rob, and I will prove that a TC-3 is quick, but not quickest.
You going to take that Ray?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Axiom5B
DualBL, contact Victor at Warpspeed Racing, [email protected]

He has a motor mount for his Demon chassis kit that should work for your situation. Email him and i'm sure he'll do what he can .
problem with that, is that I need to have the center bearing mount seperate from the motor mounts, so it looks like the NTC3 bearing holder is my 1st choice as of now.
any other suggestions?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Why do you need it seperate?
Old 08-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dasgruvn
heres a couple more....almost done, just waiting for my novak brushless and jr radio...and i'm track bound!
hey, cool you got it finished, hey where did you get those wheels, im always looking for different looking wheels than the boring dish rims.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I have a racer kit .Everytime I turn left the car spins but not when turning right. I checked all suspension parts and everything else . Droop,turnbuckles were measured to make sure they are even in both sides. Checked my M8 adjustment and steering throw and speed are even in both sides. Any suggestions appreciated. thanks.Really wondering why. Does anyone have an answer
Old 08-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

sipaboy, how much negative camber are you using both front and rear? Also, I would measure my camber with either a camber gauge or a setup system rather than making sure all turnbuckles are even in length. What tires/inserts are you running? Make sure the tire is fully glued around the wheel, I had a takeoff come half way off once during a regional race and it made the car very loose. Another tip, check your servo saver bolt, is it fairly tight? I went ahead and cut about 2mm's of of the bolt so I could tighten it more than what you could followed by using some red loctite so it wouldn't back-out. That's about all I can think of other than better finger-control.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sipaboy-YOu also need to verify your radio settings on the track. Place your car against a curb or board with the left side close t or touching the board.and turn steering wheel full right and drive it till it is parallel with the starting position. Drive the car very slowly whiile doing this!!

Now carefully pick up the car and turn it 180* in the exact same spot it stopped. Exactly as you can. Now turn the steerng wheel full left and slowly dribve it back to the original spot at FULL lock!!The car should stop in the same spot as it started. if its makes a really small circle-or a really big circle compared to the first-you need to change your EPA settings!!!
Old 08-19-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

well, you car could very well be tweaked, if you or a fellow racer has a tweak station, put it on there and make sure it is not tweaked, you can fix minor problems with the shock adjustments, but after that, you have to buy a new chassis,
Old 08-19-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Axiom5B
Why do you need it seperate?
it's part of the project, but I'm not giving away that much info rght now.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Did everything except the tweak station and no change at all. Very frustrating since it'a an expensive car. Anything else I should know about. I also messed around with my radio but no luck there either.Almost ready to give up.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

sipaboy, is it a track phenomena or a street play problem? Meaning, at the track the car hooks in a sharp left and pushed right. Or are you yanking the wheel left and right in the street in front of your house and the car turns more in one direction resulting in a spin one direction and not the other?

If the track scenario sound familiar, probably tweak. Ask for help from someone who knows how to set tweak and a board is not entirely necessary, and watch carefully what they do.

If the street scenario sounds about right, probably throw (and tweak too, possibly) and you need to adjust your EPA on your radio so the servo throw is equal. The car's steering rack is designed (at max throw) to have more throw in one direction to keep the servo from locking at full turn.

I promise you it's not the car and it's not torque steer.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sipaboy..u r not alone.have a friend running a Hara who swears he has this problem too.
I dont know if he has fixed it or not,but when he does i'll PM u and post what he did on this thread.
until then , hang tight.Also,right now he says the front sway bars are problematic,maybe u want to check that 1st.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.