Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Mistercrash-

Very Nice.....

How about doing the Servo Lowering Mod... and then give us a How-To for it .

I sanded my Chassis Bottom and the sides. If you sand down the sides be very careful. I did it so far that it was really cool and could roll the car through a corner and not have the sides hit...but I got hit hard at snowbirds and it cracked the side of the chassis right straight along the bottom part of the chassis. A Nice Thick bead of CA alond both sides make it nice and tight now and no cracking.

Ray- I looked at Dumas's car and it looked like he was running the stock Chassis. Unless he was running the Mod Chassis in 19 turn but the car he ran in Modified looked stock. I have yet to ask him but it looked like he was running the NTC3 Steering Setup. Unless I looked at it wrong but he had a extreme angle on his steering turnbuckle. He and Baker and all the AE guys were fast. The Mod A main was a great race and the way those guys can contol their cars going that fast is amazing.

Last edited by mike_Webb; 02-25-2003 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: My TC3

Originally posted by mistercrash
My TC3 looks like this, you can see pictures and explanations of the mods I did here.
Great job ... nice pics and step by step ... AWESOME

Dean
Old 02-26-2003, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: My TC3

Originally posted by mistercrash
My TC3 looks like this, you can see pictures and explanations of the mods I did here.
WOW, I've seen some great informational and how-to sites, but your site is the best so far. Great work, thanks...
Old 02-26-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mike-Webb-I wasnt at the Birds and Mike said he ran my chassis-so I dont know!!! The extreme steering angle is achieved by using the optional holes in his steering hubs and using slightly shorter turnbuckles. He said he had the same amount of steering as stock, but car felt smoother turning in. I have yet to try it as my car feels really good right now!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone know if the IRS drive cups are supposed to have back and fourth movement?
Old 02-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

i don't have the irs cups, but i think they should not have any play or back and forth movement at all.

Can anyone tell me if losi part #1224 steering spindles is the correct part number for more steering?
Old 02-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Yes that is correct.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default rayhuang

Originally posted by pimpedaccord
I have one of Ray's chassis' on my tc3 and it's sweet. I have all sorts of cnc mills and stuff, but there's really nothing else to do to it cause it's so clean, just buy Ray's chassis!
rayhuang,
Do you sell the milled out chassis? I only have a dremel and I'm not exactly an artist with it and have been wanting to do this mod for long time. If you sell them, can you Email me and let me know what you'd charge to do it? I'd appreciate it. [email protected]
Thanks
Old 02-26-2003, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I put the IRS drive cups on last night and tightened the screw down on the input shafts (also IRS) and there is back and fourth movement along the shaft (not side to side). Is there something you guys are doing to make the cups fit better?
Old 02-27-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by James Nguyen
I put the IRS drive cups on last night and tightened the screw down on the input shafts (also IRS) and there is back and fourth movement along the shaft (not side to side). Is there something you guys are doing to make the cups fit better?
If the back and forth movement is in the input shaft/drive cup, use shims on the input shaft. If the back and forth movement is in the drive shaft, put an o-ring or two inside the drive cup to take up the slop.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea i had to do that with my blue alum shaft. Not from IRS though. Funny huh, IRS is like right around the corner from me and i don't use all their stuff. Weird right? Anyway i had that problem the shaft moving around too much and i have the center oneway in my car but i fixed that. GPM doesn't give any instructions for installing the oneway in the car so its just shooting from the hip in so many words. I got it to work and the gear trans still has the prefect gear mesh. FYI i am using the rear and front diff assemblies from the NTC-3 car. I like metal outdrives. plastic and alum don't seem to intrest me. I built the car to be fast and for surivability.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default rally tc3 any good?

hey guys i was wundering if the rally conversion kit for the tc3 was any good. me and my buddie were planning building a off-road track in his back yard. we both were planning on converting our tc3s to rally racers an tear it up!! but i figured id ask yall if the conversion kit was any good. thanks guys
Old 02-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys I just bought the Airtronics 94757z servo and a Transponder!

Servo: Do you still need the spacer like the older air servos?

AMB:Can I stick it to the bumper with double sided sticky tape?
Old 02-28-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: rally tc3 any good?

Originally posted by weary_raven
hey guys i was wundering if the rally conversion kit for the tc3 was any good. me and my buddie were planning building a off-road track in his back yard. we both were planning on converting our tc3s to rally racers an tear it up!! but i figured id ask yall if the conversion kit was any good. thanks guys
Its pretty good, but remember, dont make the jumps to big. Watch the real rally, rarely have any jumps...
Old 03-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by tennessee
Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--Blah--

Thank you blah
Please don't post pointless stuff like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.