Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default NTTC3NUT

great work!!!
and
clean too!!!!

you can consider yourself an RCadict for doing all those stuff!!!

the bumper plate that you are using? is that from RPM?
where can i get those?
Thanks-Lem
Old 12-12-2002, 05:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last one, a close-up of my dremel work on the center brace & the battery slots. I think it looks good, it definitely works, and the pride I get from having done it myself is the best payoff yet. For those guys looking for a machine to do it, just take your time & try it. You may be pleasently suprised at how well it turns out.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-fttc3-025.jpg  
Old 12-12-2002, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, it's an RPM bumper. I used to run the Bud's bumpers, which are great, but leave something to be desired for looks. I picked it up at a local hobby stop in Cincinnati, while I was waiting for the Worlds to begin. I think you can find them online at the bigger hobby stores. Oh yeah, it works great & has a lifetime guarantee as well.

Last edited by NTC3NUT; 12-12-2002 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

very nice work indeed... But why do you keep the transponder mount and fake transponder???

Paul
Old 12-12-2002, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Default transponder mount

well i always keep them in in my car also.

because from what i gathered, the fake tronsponder is the exact weight of the transponder. (m i right?)

so when you practice and run a race, the weight of the transponder will not hinder the performance while u were tuning your car.

m just new at this but this is what the guys told me, correct me if i am wrong.

Lem

Do you feel the Christmas Spirit Flowing in the air????
Peace to all men!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yup, need the fake transponder for set-up & practice. It also mounts the personal lap counter transponder that I would like to soon buy. I have small personal transponders for my nitro car, but our indoor track doesn't support them at this point. But with that said, doesn't that 3-piece servo/transponder mount look killer? It's light too, the pieces are all machined out in the back. I would bet it doesn't weight more than the combined factory plastic pieces.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Gretings from Malta.

NTC3NUT. Wow. ou really are one! Well done.

I agree about the transponder. I run my Orion lap counter transponder in almost the same spot as we run the race transponder, and believe me it does help.

When I didn't have it I always found the car would be great before the races then oversteer during the races. I soon realised that the weight of the transponder up front was putting more weight on the front of the car and consequently more grip.

Now I set my cars up with transponders on.

I have put a fan on my son's TC3. It is a slightly bigger one than yours. I had to do a bit of dremelling to fit it. looking at it now I should have fitted it in the electrics tray (where the speedo normally sits) facing the motor. It would keep the end bell cooler and would also blow cool air along the fins of the heat sink. I'll have to do another chassis for that.

I liked your opening for the motor. Well done. One day I'll put some pictures of Josh's TC3 and my MR4. The MR4 is full of tricks too. I get lots of fun playing in the workshop.

LONESTAR. Any more fancy clips like that Mini one. That was a real case of brain fade wasn't it!

We race Sunday. I am hoping to persuade Josh down tomorrow to do a bit of practice, as it's a holiday here tomorrow.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

NTC3NUT-Awesome job!!! I wish I could make this weekends CRL race so I could see it first hand!!!!

SPAZ-I drive a Speedmerchant rev.3-which I think is the best 12th scale car-period!!! With a clean run and no brain farts on my part-easily could have put it 8 or 9th in B-main Masters. OH-well-I suck!!!

People have been e-mailing where to find the delrin arms-I will have them in a week or two-but for now-please e-mail: Delrin Arms for immediate satisfaction!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

have any of you guys thought of making a grove into the outer edge on the diff out drives and puting a rubber o-ring in it. mainly for the plastic outdrives to keep from spreading at high rpms. i know other companies have done this.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Anyone interested in TC3 chassis with the center brace/battery slots cut? The chassis are brand new, TC3 graphite chassis part# 3849, center brace is cut with a CNC, slots are cut by hand with a dremel. I have 3 left, available 12/30 (possibly 12/23), price is $60 including shipping.

Here's a sample of my work (well, mine and my buddy that's doing the CNCing for me)

TC3 chassis mod
TC3 chassis mod pic2
Old 12-12-2002, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Looks good,what did you use to grind with? I didnt get good looking results like you did.Good thing it was a spare junk chassis.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

How does the car feel with the different steering? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?
Old 12-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

A CNC was used for the center brace. The battery slots were done by hand, this is the dremel bit i used... Dremel bit #111. I also used a small file.

It made a noticable difference. The car is better balanced, it steers more consistant left to right. Should really help with GPs.

Last edited by BBSpence; 12-12-2002 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Craig,
I will post a picture of the bit I used, it's a carbide bit that allows cutting on the sides, kind of like a drill bit, but has a a rounded tip on the end. It will provide a nice smooth finish with the tip when a little pressure is applied, then cuts like a hot knife thru butter when you apply greater pressure. It also has alot to do with the dremel's speed. I'll get you a photo ASAP, and try to find you a part number as well.

As far as the NTC3 steering, I think it makes a differance and I would do it again. I think your looking at $25-30 for the parts, and 2hrs. or so to do it right.

It's hard to say what made the greatest differance, I have alot of Losi parts on the car, that combined with the new steering, and the chassis mods made the car feel 100% better.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

I don't know about everyone else but I can only see a wheel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.