Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

PHalen when is you r site going to be up? I look every day for the pro tips but leave ing

When you coming to socal agian?

Later,Drew
Old 03-24-2002, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default Aluminum screws

Tony, all,

I can get you a complete aluminum screw kit including the long ones.

I just put kits together for the XXX-S in red.

Check my website for more info.

Custom Anodizing

Tony, sorry about your bad luck getting to the nats. Does that mean you gonna send me you cars now for some color.
Check the TC3 pics on my site, the car is now finished, including shocks and other smal parts.
Old 03-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Funny you should mention that, teamAE!!!! I spent the entire day working on it today (except for a couple hour layout for the Oscars...hey, I told my girlfriend I'd watch it with her...)

All the content is up and ready to go. Working on the graphics for each page (about 80% done) and an Intro page. Should be up this week!!! It's alot of work, but it's coming VERY soon!!!

It won't be called Tips From The Pros, though. I think it's just going to be a massive Tuning page. There would be just WAY too much info to gather for each car manufacturer and their perspective drivers collected notes!!!! Too much for me to handle right now....but, maybe soon!
Old 03-25-2002, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

Do you remember you guys were discussing caster on the TC3 a few weeks back?

Well as far as I can see Associated are totally correct about what effect castor has on the TC3. Castor has a different effect on the TC3 to most other touring cars because of the camber links not being parrallel with zero degrees of castor. For example the camber link goes forward a few degrees out to the steering block carrier.

Seeya
Old 03-25-2002, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Stefan

Perfect timing Stefan do it in my favorite color RIGHT after I spend a bunch of money on AE blue!!!

Looks great
Old 03-25-2002, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Buda

the best time to do this is when the parts are new...
Old 03-26-2002, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default Drive Shaft

Tony,

Are you guys still running an aluminum drive shaft? I know in Vegas you and Sean were running them. What about the drive cups, are they aluminum too?

What do you think the advantages of each setup is?
* Alum. drive shaft with plastic drive cups
* Alum. drive shaft with alum. drive cups
* Composite drive shaft with plastic drive cups
* Composite drive shaft with alum. drive cups

Since AE isn't making one, which aftermarket company do you suggest? I've noticed that their is a slight wobble to my composite shaft and was looking to upgrade if it was worth it... Thanks.
Old 03-27-2002, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

51: Ya, we are running alum. driveshafts.

I wouldn't suggest aluminum driveshaft AND cups. The reason behind the alum. driveshaft is that it is sometimes much truer than the composite. Running the alum cups is a bad idea altogether, whether you are running the stock shaft or aftermarket. If you do, you risk busting out gears instead of the cups, especially if you run the alum. shaft.

Brands. Well, we run the IRS shaft. I know Hardcore makes one, and I know I've seen 2 or 3 other companies that make alum, titanium and magnesium shafts. Stick with alum. It's cheaper and just as durable.

Just remember to ALWAYS run the little red rubber o-ring in ONE of the drive cups.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

WHO ARE THE TEAM DRIVERS FOR ASSOCIATED? THEIR SITE DOES REALLY TELL YOU WHO THEY ARE.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

TPhalen:
why should you only run 1 red o-ring?
My alu driveshaft came with replacement (delrin?) cups and two o-rings so i just put both in. Is this wrong? What effect does it have on anything?
Thanks
Old 03-27-2002, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks...

Thanks Tony! Exactly the feedback I was looking for.

What about an aluminum spur gear adapter? I haven’t had much luck with the composite one. It seems to make the spur gear wobble. A local guy here has been making one out of aluminum and gave me one to try.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

XER987: The list is long. I can give you an idea of the top drivers on the team, but all the b and c teamers I don't know....

blueboy: you want a LITTLE end play to prevent drag. They probably give you two in case there is TOO much end play. The delrin cups are ok to use....just don't use any type of solid material (ie, aluminum).

51: aluminum spur gear adapters are ok. what type of spur gears do you use??? some are pretty soft plastic that flex no matter WHAT adapter you use...
Old 03-27-2002, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Spur Gears

TP,

...Either Kimbrough or I've been running BK pitch too.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

TONY,

BILLY EASTON, MIKE DUMAS, JOSH CYRUL, JOHN ORR, BARRY BAKER.....RIGHT? I'M LOOKING FOR THE TOP 10 TO 15 DRIVERS. IT JUST SEEMS LIKE MORE LOSI DRIVERS ARE WINNING THE BIG MOD EVENTS. I'M JUST CURIOUS IF THEY ARE JUST HAVE A GOOD STREAK OF GOOD LUCK OR SOMETHING, OR IF THERE IS JUST MORE LOSI DRIVERS THAN AE. MAYBE, WHEN I WAS AT THE SNOWBIRDS, I DIDN'T LOOK GOOD ENOUGH, BUT IT SEEMED TO BE MORE LOSI DRIVERS IN THE PITS. I HAVE BOTH CARS XXX-S AND I JUST BOUGHT A FTTC3, I LIKE THE TC3 A LOT MORE. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE AE TOP DRIVERS WINNING MORE RACES.
Old 03-27-2002, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Losi's team is MUCH bigger than ours. They have a TON of drivers. The ones you just mentioned are probably our top drivers. I'm not quite sure where I fit in the list, but I'm guessing somewhere in the top 15 (I hope!!!!!)

Plus, I think Losi has more people to choose from when a big race happens. Whatever part of the country the race is, Losi has some drivers there. That's not a bad thing (since they do well at the races), but it does hurt us not having alot in the main. Although, at the recent Carpet Nats, we did have 4 cars in the main. That's almost half. Losi I think had 2, maybe 3.

So, even though we didn't win, it was a good showing....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.