Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 11-28-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfx
#54222 F104 High Traction T-Bar: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54222
#51381 F104 F Parts - Suspension Arm/Front: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51381

Here You can find a lot of F104 part numbers: http://www.tamiyausa.com/search.php?....x=7&image.y=7
Awesome! Thanks dude! The problem wasn't that I had the part numbers all mixed up, its because it looks like Tower doesnt stock all the parts for the F104, so thats where I got confused.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
Awesome! Thanks dude! The problem wasn't that I had the part numbers all mixed up, its because it looks like Tower doesnt stock all the parts for the F104, so thats where I got confused.
You're best off going to the Tamiya America site and look at the parts list for the F104 you have. There are several versions and not all the parts are interchangable, most are though.

I do know that the 104 Pro and the 104v2 uses totally different chassis, rear pod, motor mounts and a few other parts but most of the front end is the same.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sean at TQRC stocks most F1 parts, also with a great search engine

http://www.tqrcracing.com/
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Sean at TQRC stocks most F1 parts, also with a great search engine

http://www.tqrcracing.com/
Yes, I placed an order with him for optional parts.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default F104 Pro or not to Pro

Just after a little advice on which Tamiya F1 to get. I finally have an excuse to get an F1 car but with no local racing to see what people are using.. I've turned to the forum. And apologise if these questions have been answered before.

I will probably be running 21.5 blinky on foam tyres on a low grip carpet. I was looking at the F104 Pro. Seems to have a couple of upgrades over the basic F104, which you would probably want sooner rather than later, so seems better value.. or what of the Pro Version 2, I notice that the back end is considerably different to the F104 Pro...

Are there many 'essentual' upgrades you need for the F104 Pro?

I'm leaning towards the F104 Pro, with body and wings it seems like good value over the version 2... Any thoughts?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Question about the stock body; are the side pods optional? The main body looks like you can trim it and run it without them. What are the advantages of running the pods?

Just got my kit, trying to figure everything out before I spray the paint.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Double post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by The Captain
Question about the stock body; are the side pods optional? The main body looks like you can trim it and run it without them. What are the advantages of running the pods?

Just got my kit, trying to figure everything out before I spray the paint.
i think the sidepods are just a look thing. there maybe a small aero difference but it would be minimal. using the sidepods does shrink the available space for esc and reciever on the sides, unless you are using a small esc then the smaller space wont be a problem
Old 12-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The optional side pods are just part of Tamiya's way of making the bodies as realistic as possible. A little more work to be done to finish the body.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Side pods are optional

Do look better

Offer much more structural strength to the body
Good to have for side impacts
Old 12-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

I opted to eschew the side pods since my F1 will spend time on the track and I figured that the less parts attached would be less parts to fall of from crashes (yes, those do happen very often). Also the straighter sides allows for more room as was mentioned earlier.

Now if you really want to mount the mirrors you will need to use the side pods.

After looking at it and having it on the track I now wish that I used them for the cool factor.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsr555
Just after a little advice on which Tamiya F1 to get. I finally have an excuse to get an F1 car but with no local racing to see what people are using.. I've turned to the forum. And apologise if these questions have been answered before.

I will probably be running 21.5 blinky on foam tyres on a low grip carpet. I was looking at the F104 Pro. Seems to have a couple of upgrades over the basic F104, which you would probably want sooner rather than later, so seems better value.. or what of the Pro Version 2, I notice that the back end is considerably different to the F104 Pro...

Are there many 'essentual' upgrades you need for the F104 Pro?

I'm leaning towards the F104 Pro, with body and wings it seems like good value over the version 2... Any thoughts?

You'll still want an aluminum motor mount for the Pro. If you can find a Black Special, that has the motor mount too and a body. But remember, either one of those cars has the older style body with the smaller wings. I don't know if there is a huge difference, but it's something to think about.

The V2 has a lot of nice stuff on it, but again no motor mount (why Tamiya why??). Some of the other stuff like the graphite braces are not really necessary.

I think that the V2 is the better car, but other people feel differently. I like the greater tuning options. I also feel like the car is smoother driving.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
You'll still want an aluminum motor mount for the Pro. If you can find a Black Special, that has the motor mount too and a body. But remember, either one of those cars has the older style body with the smaller wings. I don't know if there is a huge difference, but it's something to think about.

The V2 has a lot of nice stuff on it, but again no motor mount (why Tamiya why??). Some of the other stuff like the graphite braces are not really necessary.

I think that the V2 is the better car, but other people feel differently. I like the greater tuning options. I also feel like the car is smoother driving.
Thanks, I actually found a Black Special and it is on the way, we'll see how it goes.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

How are you guys modifying the 104pro to accept full size lipos? I just got my kit built, and my reedy 5000mah lipos dont fit unless I remove the side pods for the esc/rx (batt too wide). What I was planning on doing was making a plate that goes under the battery and still hangs off the sides like the pods to hold the esc/rx (plate sits perpendicular to chassis). I have about 2.5 mm clearance between the battery and top plate, hopefully I can find something that fits. Was just going to double side tape the plate to the chassis. Should I run the battery forward or rear?

Other ideas? Hopefully I can get something worked out before raceday sat.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Double post

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.