Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stulee666
same for me with durability i run carbon in my pro which has been perfect and i run steel with counter weight on my x1,thats lasted 1 meet and is tweaked
Are you running the stock motor plates on the X1? I'm thinking the carbon plastic is tweaking on the X1, but on the pro the aluminum is staying true.

After hearing this maybe I need to upgrade the motor plates to aluminum. Anyone know if the black motor plates are still available?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
You lock your rear diff on carpet or asphalt??
My diff is just a smidge above slipping when accelerating hard. Still have to tune it on the track, but have got close to getting it right in the pits now, slips a bit by hand.

HiH
Ed
Old 01-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
Anyone know if the black motor plates are still available?
Don't think so, never been able to find them... been thinking about stripping the anodising off my blue ones!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Are you running the stock motor plates on the X1? I'm thinking the carbon plastic is tweaking on the X1, but on the pro the aluminum is staying true.

After hearing this maybe I need to upgrade the motor plates to aluminum. Anyone know if the black motor plates are still available?
They are, but they are backordered through Tamiya America. As soon as I can get them again I will have them in stock
Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Greg,

They should show up again. I looked everywhere online in Japan and the US. Tamiya just finished doing their inventory audit so the online shops will soon have their supplies refilled. I usually watch for f104 parts on Tq's website since they are just down the road from Tamiya.

I couldn't wait since my fellow racers peeled me into a wall at full speed and broke my carbon plastic motor mount into 2 pieces. I bought the blue ones and rattle canned them black.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:45 AM
dfx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by freakyfreakyflo
i look for this part for a link front end but it no longer is available. does anyone know of something that would work in its place?
thanks
Try plastic one:
http://www.rcmart.com/rc-mrr2-hopup-...=595_1075_1076
I'm going to use these for wide link setup.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
Greg,

They should show up again. I looked everywhere online in Japan and the US. Tamiya just finished doing their inventory audit so the online shops will soon have their supplies refilled. I usually watch for f104 parts on Tq's website since they are just down the road from Tamiya.

I couldn't wait since my fellow racers peeled me into a wall at full speed and broke my carbon plastic motor mount into 2 pieces. I bought the blue ones and rattle canned them black.
I just placed an order with TQ last night for some stuff. Will keep a lookout. I plan to do both TCS races in MD this year so starting to build and get my F1 car ready.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by durtbag
Just installed this kit, feels pretty sweet. Only neg is their use of phillips head screws for everything. Just wanted some ideas on damper fluids, what are you guys using on the X1 ?
You have double tubes, so you may have to go a bit lighter than typical X1 setup..
Old 01-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Will the rsector high capacity lipo conversion work with the tamiya upper deck/roll damper conversion on my my f104 pro???
Thanks
idbdoug
Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Will the rsector high capacity lipo conversion work with the tamiya upper deck/roll damper conversion on my my f104 pro???
Thanks
idbdoug
Yes it will, it's good on both the pro and x1 setups
Old 01-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
You have double tubes, so you may have to go a bit lighter than typical X1 setup..
thanks robk, makes sense. one nice thing about the double tube setup is the instant visual feed back on the tweak of the chassis. if the cam lever is not at 90 degrees when the car is at rest on a level surface, then you need to re-tweak. and man was my chassis tweaked.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Well that can be an indication...but you could also just have a high spot or low spot in the tire...especially if you are using rubber tires. Or even you could have one front spring more compressed than the other...both would cause the cantilevers to not be at 90*.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Well that can be an indication...but you could also just have a high spot or low spot in the tire...especially if you are using rubber tires. Or even you could have one front spring more compressed than the other...both would cause the cantilevers to not be at 90*.
all good things to check, new pits, springs same, plastic ride height spacers replaced with aluminium spacers long time ago. bent aluminium front bolts replaced with Stainless Steel.
It's those hard front hits that tweak me
Old 01-18-2012, 03:56 AM
dfx
Tech Adept

Default measuring caster?

How do You guys measure caster when building custom made link setup? Is there any accurate and simple solution?
Knockoffracer likes this.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have seen people use there TC setup system with a adaptor for the f1 axle.
Other use a camber gauge when the tires are mounted.
Caster adjustment is another thing.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by dfx
How do You guys measure caster when building custom made link setup? Is there any accurate and simple solution?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.