Wiki Posts
Search

MM 5700 Setup - NiMh and LiPo Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default MM 5700 Setup - NiMh and LiPo Help

Guys - I have the above setup and am running a 7-cell NiMh. I also want to buy a LiPo, but will I have to change the setup on the ESC each time I use a different battery?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vstrok
Guys - I have the above setup and am running a 7-cell NiMh. I also want to buy a LiPo, but will I have to change the setup on the ESC each time I use a different battery?
Yes You need to set low voltage cut off. Plug your esc up to the computer with the cord you bot with the combo. Im not sure if the 5700 comes stock with Lipo cutoff on or off.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboard094
Yes You need to set low voltage cut off. Plug your esc up to the computer with the cord you bot with the combo. Im not sure if the 5700 comes stock with Lipo cutoff on or off.
Also man, what is the discharge process on the NiMh? I got the Integy charger...
Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vstrok
Also man, what is the discharge process on the NiMh? I got the Integy charger...
What do you mean. I have an integy charger and i just set it to the battery i am using and and push discharge.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You need to set the lvc to either auto or some voltage value if running lipo (like 6.2v). NiMH has bigger voltage drops so the 2 won't be compatible on same esc with the lvc setup for lipo. Not sure what to tell you to use for NiMh as far as a lvc, I'd try setting it off and run till see the car slow down. Then its time for re-charging.

If the 5700 was like the combo I bought the lvc is set off when its shipped.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

read the manual on how to turn the LVC on because like the other guys said it ships to you turned off. The castle link that comes with it makes it easy to plug up and turn it on though.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You dont HAVE to have the LVC set on your ESC to run lipo. Yes it is smart but it is still going to run just fine on a lipo with it turned off. Im not recommending running a lipo with no LVC but alot of guys do and dont have problems as long as they keep a eye on their watch. I would for sure use it at first and clock your runtimes to get an idea. Like I said Im not in anyway recommending this but its not a must have.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 801Funk801
You dont HAVE to have the LVC set on your ESC to run lipo. Yes it is smart but it is still going to run just fine on a lipo with it turned off. Im not recommending running a lipo with no LVC but alot of guys do and dont have problems as long as they keep a eye on their watch. I would for sure use it at first and clock your runtimes to get an idea. Like I said Im not in anyway recommending this but its not a must have.
Its not a must have but if you don't run a LVC and you run to long you will fry your batteries. And a lipo is not cheap!!!!!!!