Wiki Posts
Search

Electric D8T

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheelie boy
He said that he heard from chris fine that you used to work from him and that you stole a lot of knowledge from him.
as soon as the name "fine" appeared the story lost any creditability with me.

I actually have bought a few bl systems(emaxx days) from chris before(will never do it again though).

Nothing but good things to say about the monster though. Great support, great products and fast to ship stuff out. Only problem I ever had was a shipping issue and he was on it quick to fix the problem.

Now if his slipper diff will fit my next 8th scale(hyper 9) I will be supporting the monster again(been awhile since I support him anyway since I didn't race 8th scale last year).
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Chris Fine is horrible. I dealt with him a while ago and never again. Just saw some his work and they are no where near the quality that Mike produces.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mike, I've seen more of your products get copied then Chris'. Chris might know a thing or 2 about boats, but I don't think he's going to catch up with Mike in the car side. Like I said before, I've been following Mike's work for a long time even before I joined his forum and I think he is one of the founding fathers of electric conversions, real electric conversion and not something made with Home Depot hardware.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tschenck
as soon as the name "fine" appeared the story lost any creditability with me.

I actually have bought a few bl systems(emaxx days) from chris before(will never do it again though).

Nothing but good things to say about the monster though. Great support, great products and fast to ship stuff out. Only problem I ever had was a shipping issue and he was on it quick to fix the problem.

Now if his slipper diff will fit my next 8th scale(hyper 9) I will be supporting the monster again(been awhile since I support him anyway since I didn't race 8th scale last year).
I agree with everything, including the first sentence. Fortunately i have never dealt with chris fine, all my brushless dealings have been, and always will be with the monster (Mike). He has always been there for me with advise and support if there is a problem, I have no need for another brushless connection. I have a losi 8T that will get a RC-Monster mount and a monster battery box, soon.

I know the issue is resolved, but figure the added endorsements can't hurt
Old 04-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I know how reputable mike is I have converted an 8 b and t and a d8b and now I want to convert a d8t when it comes out, I did these conversion for other people accept the 8b but I tested all of them and they run great I think I have some good building skills for a 14 year old
Old 04-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheelie boy
I don't think that finedesign is bad, I just prefer rcm and would pick them anyday I have more trust in rcm because they actually get back to me when I email them or leave a message, finedesign has only responded to some of my questions they never respond to email and they usually let their answering machine get full so u cantleave a message they rarely pick the phone up and they go through their messages once a month
Oh how the attitude changes when the person your talking about shows up

THe whole brother thing doesnt fly with me... If you have the balls to say something like that without proper reseach or information, you should have the balls to admit what you did was wrong and own up to it. Mike definately knows what hes doing, and kindly shares his knowledge with us. what more can you ask for?

....and his prices are a hell of a lot cheaper then Mr-fine's
Old 04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushlessboy16
Oh how the attitude changes when the person your talking about shows up

THe whole brother thing doesnt fly with me... If you have the balls to say something like that without proper reseach or information, you should have the balls to admit what you did was wrong and own up to it. Mike definately knows what hes doing, and kindly shares his knowledge with us. what more can you ask for?

....and his prices are a hell of a lot cheaper then Mr-fine's

And LOL I know right? I was just saying the same thing to my buddy! How does someone make a few posts not seeing when its posted with the wrong username? Sure makes me laugh how bad it makes one look, its so obvious its NOT true.....

RCM Mike has done nothing but help get the BL conversion craze out there! He has been around the longest, and continues to lead the way IMO!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Just curious about the history side of things, but where does Jaime Baker fit into all this? I bought my first brushless set-ups from Jaime (Starluck-RC) before being introduced to RC-M. Jaime and Mike were both great, so I split my business between them initially.

Anyway, I remember hearing rumors about Chris Fine having problems with Jaime, but never really knew any details. Just curious if any of you know.

I've been a customer of Mike's for almost four years now, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for him and his business.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have bought things from mike and chris mike is way better, I don't like chris as much, but my brother does like dealing with chris and believes whatever he says because he has gets great deals on the Garbo nemesis motors for his stampede and his emaxx, I don't like chris' stuff becase he charges too much for it and it isn't great I type everything from my iPod and he types from the comp. My brother just likes chris and I don't chris tells him only negative things about mike, but I know that there is two sides to every story, I know that mikes side is more trustworthy because he is unbaised and I notice that because he sells other conversions not just rcm stuff. My brother wants a d8t aswell because he is finally listening to me that no matter what he does to an emaxx he won't be able to race it successfully against other monstertrucks because the emaxx has dual shocks I want a d8t for myself because I notice how much buggylike it is it has less than 20 different parts than the buggy, and I love buggies but he closest track is all rutted out so I need a truck, my brother just likes trucks, and it would be nice to build a truck for myself as opposed to other people
Old 04-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Been a customer of Mike's for a few yrs and have had 1st class service and 1st class products from the Monster. Whenever I've had a prob with some of the vendors items Mike sells and he's been there right alongside me to get things resolved and resolved in a hurry, making sure it all turns out like its supposed to. I've never experienced a prob with an RCM product.

Early on, I ordered from FD and after waiting over a month getting no response to emails or calls, I pulled the plug an won't go back. I look to RC Monster as a primary source of BL conversion products.

Soon as I saw Fine's name mentioned, like others, that party immediately lost any and all credibility.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Mikes stuff is all original and the best of the best hands down
Old 04-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

All of you guys with the D8 should wait until the electric kit comes out!!!! Josh Alton was racing one at my electric indoor track. It has an plastic chassis,Very nice. They said it will be cheaper than the nitro version. I really made me want one.It makes since to use a plastic chassis. I is really narrow. And it has optional mechanical brakes made into the chassis