Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Looking for a trx 3.3 or a big block. Anything for Sunday would be great!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles
Looking for a trx 3.3 or a big block. Anything for Sunday would be great!
I found a trx 2.5 which will bolt right in. The big block conversion takes some time and a re-work of the motor mount and throttle linkage. The 2.5 has good compression, I have not run it but I'm sure we can get it going. Do you have a pipe and header, just your 3.3 went out? It does not have an EZ-start on it, it is setup for a bump box. If you have an EZ start we can swap it over......maybe, the trx has a different crank when you run the one-way. I'll check it out
Old 04-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Jon, or anyone else, do you have any 32pitch 5mm pinions, something around 15T. Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Initiate

BTW, Joe B. How is your 523 working for you? Mine is horrible...
I have not got it tuned for crap at the moment but it is "ok". I like my Picco .26 a lot better....it's a animal. I would just do a big block if I was you. I would, but I have WAY too many projects and not enough T&M for it all right now.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bando711
I found a trx 2.5 which will bolt right in. The big block conversion takes some time and a re-work of the motor mount and throttle linkage. The 2.5 has good compression, I have not run it but I'm sure we can get it going. Do you have a pipe and header, just your 3.3 went out? It does not have an EZ-start on it, it is setup for a bump box. If you have an EZ start we can swap it over......maybe, the trx has a different crank when you run the one-way. I'll check it out
Yeah, my 3.3 split the con rod. I have the platinum edition, so i have the rd bumb box for it. I have my stock trx resonator 2 chamber pipe...don't know how it works on the 2.5. I still have my current rb tm523 on it right now. I de-threaded the head where the plug goes in. So now it leaks fuel out the top and i'm sure air is getting in. It still runs ok, but it won't hold a tune for very long. If you have a big block i have heard the mount for the 523 will work for other small to mid block engines. I think you just have to drill a few holes and use nuts on the screws to hold the engine. I think i'd rather use the 523 this sunday rather than use the 2.5. I can get it to run ok for ten mins now, just can't let it get low on gas or it really takes a crap!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone running a revo? How does the revo fare at bios? lol...anyone have an extra engine for a revo?!?!?!?

For this new track at courtney, are we still thinking of more than one track? Or did we switch to just one nice track?
Kens E-Revo was probably one of the best suited machines on the track at Bios. Looking forward to seeing the brushless upgrade once he figures out how to order pinions.

We decided on multiple tracks. Their is just too much space there to make just one big one. The lanes would stretch too far for you to drive decent on the back stretch.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IMO let's start with one track and get it up and running. Since guys with nitro are in dire need, we should start with that one. The bonus is once it's drivable the noise will attract others to find out whats going on...
Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

All,

I am finishing up the LOI for the Camp Commander, I need some info from each of you to include in the LOI.

please PM or e-mail me your first and last name and a daytime phone number as well as your current position (DOD's teacher, Contractor, GS, Active mil and branch, etc)

I met with the SeaBee's yesterday, they came to Courtney and did a site survey.

They are very interested in supporting the development of the park and feel that once they get the go ahead, they can have the park completed in 4 days.

This will include 1 day for clearing and hauling debris
1-2 days to transport and spread top soil
1 day to shape and do finish work on the track.

if we get a bush hog to go in and clear the area, they will dump new dirt on top of the cuttings and pack it down, this will drop site construction to 3 days.

They work 6 days a week, so this would allow us/them to do a Wed-Sat project. Saturday would be a finishing/fine tuning day.

They have acces to rocks for the Rock Crawling course and may have additional materials for lane and track construction.

Camp services is currently looking into any dig permits and getting a utilities survey done (buried utilities) I will be contacting environmental and safety today to get their input and direction.

I will forward you my draft of the LOI, please read and provide input via e-mail for inclusion or chop.

Chem
Old 04-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Robert-info sent--

Great news!
Old 04-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

+1 the LOI looks great, info sent

Jon, I got a Slash in the mail today.......did you?

Bios could be a little wet come Sunday

Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bando711
+1 the LOI looks great, info sent

Jon, I got a Slash in the mail today.......did you?

Bios could be a little wet come Sunday

+2 LOI looks awesome. I sent my input to your work e-mail addy Robert, but left off my contact info by accident. I re-sent it with everything included to your home e-mail addy.

I'm pretty much writing off Bios for Sunday. Track I'm sure will be a mud puddle. I'm using this wekend to get all my R/C stuff together. I still have a lot of wrenching to do.

Jon, if your track doesn't turn into a mud puddle, you wanna possibly have Slash Bash with Ken and I , etc?

- Paulie
Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

no slash yet ken, paulie my track only puddles when it rains and then the puddles are gone and that doesn't affect the slash anyway...waterproof! It's open if BIOS is swampy.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Bios is a LAKE............six lakes, no way it's ready for Sunday

Jon, I will call u later
Old 04-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Remember Thursday night is the next meeting. It may be a little early but if anyone has inputs for the main track go ahead and post them . I will have a few layout options to look at Thursday.

Every track has a signature jump, I like the big table top. It allows everyone to decide how much air they get without have to worry about clearing a triple. Most tracks get setup with a widow maker that helps support the hobby shop (just my opinion). The table top doesn't have to be tall as long as it has a good runup area, you can fly a long ways.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

All,

I dropped by a preview copy of the LOI this afternoon to the Asst Camp Commander and asked for his chop,

He briefly looked over it and said that he see's nothing right off the bat that would be a show stopper.

I did talk to him about the spill kits (fuel, etc) Drivers stand, etc.

The one concern I see anyone haveing is the driver stand, (ISO)
The safety guys will address the issue of stairs, rails, and railing around the top....

I know we can make it safe, theissue will be does the safety department think it will be safe.

A few options to consider= 1. we still need an ISO to store "Stuff" so we tuck it in the upper right hand corner, and pile dirt up against it, using it as a back stop for a long, steep sweeping curve. and build/have the Seabee's build a drivers stand that may be 4-5 feet high. 2. ISO in corner, dirt pile for driver stand (ghetto drivers stand),I think this will cause a lake from drainage

Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.