Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

I have just visited the SpeedPassion website.

The LCD have the increments as the small box but you can have on each function a customized setup with increments of 1 point.

Really good in my opinion as you can set it the way you want.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Anyone know were you can get the speedpassion heatsinks from? They look really cool
Old 12-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, I'm gonna jump in here and try and outline it a bit easier for everyone

All the SP speedo's (LPF's and Pro's..colour is effectively irrelivent...although we all know blue is faster ) come with a standard programming box. This uses the two screens, where you can scroll through the numbers for each setting. However, you can't update the speedo firmware with it, so your stuck with the standard 205g software, which is great for mod, not so good for stock...

Now the LCD box allows the same setting adjustments as the standard box, but does on some settings allow a custom option to fine tune. Drag brake is a good example, where you can change it in 1% increasements.
There is also the three profiles that can be saved on the LCD box (as Seaball mentioned), where you can have three different groups of settings saved on the LCD, and quickly flick between them. This doesn't alter the firmware on the ESC though.

And finally, the LCD box is the only way of updating the speedo firmware, in conjunction with a PC and the SP software. You can't update the speedo firmware with just the LCD box trackside you still need a PC/laptop/netbook with the software to do so, and you can only have one firmware version on the esc at any one time.
As mentioned before, all the firmware versions are avaliable within the v1.31 or v1.32 software packages. Just install the software, and then you can select the required firmware from the drop down boxes

So, i would suggest getting an LCD box regardless... and even then the speedo's are certainly competively priced against others on the market (Tekins still require the Hotwire connection etc).

HiH
Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 12-24-2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: updated the details to keep in one post :)
Old 12-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TryHard
Ok, I'm gonna jump in here and try and outline it a bit easier for everyone

All the SP speedo's (LPF's and Pro's..colour is effectively irrelivent...although we all know blue is faster ) come with a standard programming box. This uses the two screens, where you can scroll through the numbers for each setting. However, you can't update the speedo firmware with it, so your stuck with the standard 205g software, which is great for mod, not so good for stock...

Now the LCD box allows the same setting adjustments as the standard box, but does on some settings allow a custom option to fine tune. Drag brake is a good example, where you can change it in 1% increasements.
There is also the three profiles that can be saved on the LCD box (as Seaball mentioned), where you can have three different groups of settings saved on the LCD, and quickly flick between them. This doesn't alter the firmware on the ESC though.
And finally, the LCD box is the only way of updating the speedo firmware, in conjunction with a PC and the SP software. You can't update the speedo firmware with just the LCD box trackside mind, you still need a PC/laptop/netbook with the software to do so. As I mentioned before, all the firmware versions are avaliable within the v1.31 or v1.32 software package. Just install the software, and then you can select the required firmware from the drop down boxes

So, i would suggest getting an LCD box regardless... and even then the speedo's are certainly competively priced against others on the market (Tekins still require the Hotwire connection etc).

HiH
Ed
Ed the question I am going to do now might be stupid but I will do it anyway, can I have the 2 versions on the Esc?

Which one is better for stock?
Old 12-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yup, they use the same rotor, Purple ring, 12.3mm outer diameter with a 7mm core.
I've been using a Red ring rotor recently in club races (12.5mm outer, 5mm inner... so more magnet volume ). Lots of extra grunt, just need to gear up a couple of teeth to make it work best.

Anyway, just got back from my first running with the new stock software. Started out running the 110, before switching to the 107 later in the day. If anything, I prefered the 110 version, but need to do a bit more experiementing I think. There is a noticeable increase in revs over the 312 software I was using before, so had geared down quite a bit over previous

Unfortuantly, I had to drop back to a v2 motor, as my v3 10.5 had a problem with the sensor board plug vibrating itself loose... and the speedo then dropping into sensorless mode. But even then the car felt good, but could have done with the extra revs of the v3 for a bit more top end.

Anyway, settings...
Drag Brake; 5%
Low Voltage; 3.0v/cell
AMTS Timing; 26.25°
Start Mode DRRS; Level IX
Max Brake; 100%
Initial Brake; Drag Brake
Neutral Range; 6%
Overheat protection; disabled
Motor; Speed Passion v2 10.5t (purple/12.3mm rotor)
FDR; 5.9 - 6.0

Overall, very impressed...

Ed
Ed, what was your FDR when you were using 312? Just trying to figure out my starting point with 110. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Anyone know were you can get the speedpassion heatsinks from? They look really cool
There are a few places to source them.

http://www.toyeast.com/v3/catproduct...id=2562&clvl=4

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/toyeastuk/m.h....c0.m14&_pgn=2

http://stores.ebay.com/ToyEast-Tomic...&submit=Search

or email sales at King Golden directly

sale_at_king-golden_dot_com
Old 12-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fabricio
Ed the question I am going to do now might be stupid but I will do it anyway, can I have the 2 versions on the Esc?

For stock either esc will do.
The LPF is targeted as a stock esc hence why it is limited to 5.5 motors.
If on a budget and you dont or wont race Mod then the LPF is all you need.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

yea i was using the new software and i could not move the timing to the highest number it would jump back one when i save? And also need some help with the Motor checker. Very cool ! I can see the difference in the different programs but can't figure out how to do the dyno run graph page on the computer? And does it matter if the motor is in the car with the pinion on or are you supposed to have the pinion off? Thanks!
Old 12-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Tech Addict

Is it possible to have on the same LCD box two different profiles with different software? For example, one with the 312 for stock and another one with the 323 for mod?
Old 12-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabricio

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Is it possible to have on the same LCD box two different profiles with different software? For example, one with the 312 for stock and another one with the 323 for mod?
You can only have one firmware version on the ESC, so if you want to change at the track, you'll need the LCD box and a PC/Laptop (guess whose getting a netbook tomorrow )

Originally Posted by veecee
Ed, what was your FDR when you were using 312? Just trying to figure out my starting point with 110. Thanks.
On the 312 I was on about 5.4 - 5.2, with the 110 I was down to 6.0ish, so start around in that region, and then temp and gear to feel

HiH
Ed
Old 12-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Which firmware/version combo is best for mod? Motor 4.5 and and large size tracks
Old 12-24-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Addict

You can only have one firmware version on the ESC, so if you want to change at the track, you'll need the LCD box and a PC/Laptop (guess whose getting a netbook tomorrow )
Just have a netbook :-) But after all its more convenient to get a second LCD box in case you don't have a netbook.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

don't you have to plug in ALL the components (computer, LCD, speed control) at the same time to "program" the esc?.........yes
Old 12-24-2009, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

or.....has someone found a way to program the LCD seperately, then hook it up later to the esc?
Old 12-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Drillit
don't you have to plug in ALL the components (computer, LCD, speed control) at the same time to "program" the esc?.........yes
You're right 100%.Very stupid what i wrote :-(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.