Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Is there a link for downloading the PC interface without the need of using winzip? Just want the full file size of the PC interface file to upload stock firmware on my reventon pro.
Cause i don't want to download some sponsor software for just using the winzip for only 1 time.

@Nexus,

Thx for the reply.
addicted...PM me your email address I maybe I can send you the files unzipped.

Originally Posted by ashxxx
ive got a pro 1.1 it had the stock sofware in it now has mod 2 in it it has had a slight stutter right at take off if u just hardly give it throttle tried re doing esc radio diff motors diff sensor cables unpluged sensor cable made it way worse. are they all like that or is mine starting to get a issue .
Could be a sensorboard issue in the motor. In any case, I've had that happen before, but it never effect actual racing.

First, I have been able to install the PC interface and i also installed the Stock1 program on my ESC.
Second, the installation of the program on my computer is waaaaaay to complicated comparing to hobbywing.
After completing the update to my esc i'm unable to use the (blue) smart lcd program card when i would like to change some settings to the ESC without my computer, is this normal?
Even when i try to use my LCD professional program card it won't work either.
Even when i would like to connect the ESC to my computer it will not work, the ESC will not reconize the program card.
To my understanding i'm only able to change my ESC settings with a connection to my computer and not with just only with any program card.
If that's correct i'm very dissapointed in this speedpassion thing, cause i really do not like to take my computer with me everytime i'm going to practice or go to a race.
I really like the speedpassion speed controllers but if this is the case i will sell my reventon pro esc and i will not buy any speedpassion esc anymore.
Hopefully someone can help me out if it's possible to use only the program card for changing the esc settings.

I'm not 100% following you, but I will attempt to answer your problems.

1. You only need your PC if if you want to change Firmware/Profile from say Stock0 to Mod1 or similar. If you just want to change settings within a Firmware you just need the programming box. All the drag brake, protection settings, etc. can be set by just using the programming box.

You should double check your are using the correct port to plug your ESC into the programming box. It should be the middle one on the blue box. Also make sure you are matching the positive and negative connections. I just had this issue with a local racer who described the same problem and thought his programming card was bad.

Also note the following when using Reventons...

PC + Programming car connection to ESC = DO NOT have battery connected
Programming car only to ESC = connect battery for power

Originally Posted by prosport
Hey guys, my son and I both have a ReventonR speed control and they've worked great for a year. Today, my son's is shutting down when he goes full throttle for more than 2 seconds. He can drive it around at 3/4 throttle with no problems and he can blip full throttle constantly, but as soon as he goes full throttle for more than 2 seconds it only has enough power to creep the car back to him. Any ideas?
We've tried different batteries and connectors, have not tried a different motor yet.
Strange. I would try to re calibrate the TX to the ESC again.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (98%+)

i ran it last night i heard it cogg a few times taking off its more of a mental thing just sucks it does that only motor i havent tried with it is a speed passion motor might try that.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nexus
I'm not 100% following you, but I will attempt to answer your problems.

1. You only need your PC if if you want to change Firmware/Profile from say Stock0 to Mod1 or similar. If you just want to change settings within a Firmware you just need the programming box. All the drag brake, protection settings, etc. can be set by just using the programming box.

You should double check your are using the correct port to plug your ESC into the programming box. It should be the middle one on the blue box. Also make sure you are matching the positive and negative connections. I just had this issue with a local racer who described the same problem and thought his programming card was bad.

Also note the following when using Reventons...

PC + Programming car connection to ESC = DO NOT have battery connected
Programming car only to ESC = connect battery for power
I did connect the program card correctly, all that needs to be done for connecting the esc to the computer has been done correctly.
I don't understand it eather, it should be possible to use only the program card without my computer for changing the esc settings.
So far i'm unable to do so.
I will try it again and hopefully it works correctly.
Thx for being helpful.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Strange. I would try to re calibrate the TX to the ESC again.
Ok, I will try that. If that doesn't work I was wondering if maybe I need to reload the firmware or whatever. I know how to do the settings with a PC but I don't remember if there was a way to re-boot the software or firmware.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Re-binding the radio and receiver didn't fix it but I updated the firmware on the pc and it worked, runs great again!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prosport
Re-binding the radio and receiver didn't fix it but I updated the firmware on the pc and it worked, runs great again!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:10 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I did connect the program card correctly, all that needs to be done for connecting the esc to the computer has been done correctly.
I don't understand it eather, it should be possible to use only the program card without my computer for changing the esc settings.
So far i'm unable to do so.
I will try it again and hopefully it works correctly.
Thx for being helpful.
Did you update the firmware on the program card?
Old 10-30-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have 17.5 sensored motor running in blinky. I use a slightly higher gear ratio than stock (2wd buggy). Finding this motor to get very hot after 5 minutes. I checked the temp after a run yesterday and it was 72c, too hot for my liking, and been in the back of a buggy I can't mount a heat sink or fan to cool it. Is this acceptable for this motor or still to hot? Still seems to be struggling at top speed compared to other brands in the class and I don't want to gear it any faster as it will just get hotter.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CL
Did you update the firmware on the program card?
That's what i also noticed last night at the training, i need to update my program card but i don't see how i can do that.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

That's what i also noticed last night at the training, i need to update my program card but i don't see how i can do that.
Same way as you update the esc. Just don't connect the esc at the same time.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Same way as you update the esc. Just don't connect the esc at the same time.
Thx for the info, i will try that
Thx
Old 11-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Almost here.
http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/competition-v4-0/
Old 11-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Does the Speed Passion Reventon S come preloaded with Mod0 or Mod1 firmware?

Last edited by DuncanT4.2; 11-08-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

In our nationals we have a pro stock class. It is a requirement to use a Reventon Stock Club Race esc and a Speed Passion V3.0 13.5T motor.

Several LHS in our country sells these combos.

Just got into this class and have waited a week, because a "new" version of the Reventon Stock Club Race esc was awaited.

Nobody can tell me what the difference is from the "old" version.

The new version (which I got last night) is blue and not black.

Does any one know anything of this "new" blue version of the Reventon Stock Club Race esc?

Is it only the color?
Old 11-07-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default not working

I have the reventon s esc and turnigy gtx3 tx and rx, i loaded everything up in my computer and used the programmer to program the esc. I have a solid orange light and a red light that double blinks every 2 seconds or so. The troubleshoot section in the reventon manual doesnt say what 2 red blinks mean, it does say the red led blinking means low voltage but Ive checked the lipo over and over and it appears to be fully charged. Roar website says the 2 red blinks means (blinky mode) which is what I programmed the esc for , stock 0 , I tried to disable LVC and temp shut off but still the motor and servo do nothing when I attempt to use the rx. I have a solid red light on the rx so I assume it binded ok. I set up the tx settings as well. Does anyone know why its not working for me ? One thing I did find that I made a mistake on was when I shortened the esc wire that goes to the rx I think I had the neg and pos wires reversed at the rx side of the wire plug, would that have burned something out ? I have now cut that plug off and switched it to match the s,+,- at the rx, but my computer recognizes that my esc is hooked up when I use the wire to the led programmer, thats how I was able to run the settings to the esc. Help appreciated !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.