Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Y'all,

I'd appreciate some help/guidance for a problem i am having with two new Reventon Stock Club Race ESCs with 17.5 Fixed Endbell motors. I bought these to put in my sons' XXX-SCTs.

I installed the first one, and set up the transmitter. However, i do not get any throttle/brake response from the esc. I know the transmitter is working (its the Losi 2.4 Ghz that came with the trucks) as the steering is fine. The orange LED is on solid, and the red LED is blinking. During transmitter setup the motor 'beeps' as i believe it is supposed to.

Thinking i might have a bad motor, i opened the second esc/motor set. I tried the 1st motor with the 2nd speed control. This time, i turned on the esc before setting up the transmitter, and with the transmitter off. The motor ran a bit. Then i tried setting up the transmitter with the second esc, and got the same lack of throttle/brake activity as with the first.

I tried all the other combos of ESC/motor/sensor wire that i could between the two with the same effect.

What am i doing wrong? Is there a setup step i am missing? The trucks were working fine with the stock Losi ESC (but i got tired of having to clean the motors ) What could the potential problem be?

Sorry for the long post, but i would greatly appreciate help. I have two sad sons right now

EDIT: I'd like to add that i used a charged and known good Lipo, and new sensor wires.

Last edited by AntiGooch; 07-19-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: More Info
Old 07-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
Hey guys. I'm having an issue with setting up my SP reventon Pro Esc. I seem to be unable to set up the drag brake in the controller (on demand) for the 3pk. and setting/advise would rock.

Thanks

Nick K
The drag brake is adjusted in the esc settings not with the radio.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
The drag brake is adjusted in the esc settings not with the radio.
On the 3pk. you can adjust the 3rd channel via the wheel on the handle. when If i set it to 0% it has zero brake. then i set it to 5%. it has full brakes. i dont get it??\

Howard-help!!

Nick K
Old 07-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AntiGooch
Hello Y'all,

I'd appreciate some help/guidance for a problem i am having with two new Reventon Stock Club Race ESCs with 17.5 Fixed Endbell motors. I bought these to put in my sons' XXX-SCTs........
Do you have refer user manual Page7? Set the throttle channel to”REV”.
http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...un01st2012.pdf
Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Found out broken sensor cable when removing motor
---------
I can't seem to get my speed passion MMM motor to work with Orca VX competition V3 ESC?

Is this a known problem?

It was working before with Tekin and Futaba 4pks radio system. I have reversed the throttle already and reset end points on esc

Last edited by zzztech; 07-22-2013 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Fixed
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WMGary
Do you have refer user manual Page7? Set the throttle channel to”REV”.
http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...un01st2012.pdf
The wording of the manual implies that setting the throttle channel to "REV" only applies to Futaba radios. Is that incorrect? Does it need to be done with all radio brands?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The wording of the manual implies that setting the throttle channel to "REV" only applies to Futaba radios. Is that incorrect? Does it need to be done with all radio brands?
Futaba
Old 07-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It is not longer the case.....in your case, try BOTH setting, one of the setting will work.....we have tried SANWA KO and other brands...in SANWA, like M11, it will work in NORMAL position, but of their entry level unit, it has to work on REV position. They make their change by OEM the radio from someone so the "only Futaba" radio statment is no longer true...

Anyway...try both setting, one of those will work.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
On the 3pk. you can adjust the 3rd channel via the wheel on the handle. when If i set it to 0% it has zero brake. then i set it to 5%. it has full brakes. i dont get it??\

Howard-help!!

Nick K
But why are you doing that via your radio....? If you are running mechanical brake system that I can understand....but electric?

Have you try using the drag brake setting via the ESC and you don't like it...?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
But why are you doing that via your radio....? If you are running mechanical brake system that I can understand....but electric?

Have you try using the drag brake setting via the ESC and you don't like it...?
His radio will not really calibrate properly. His throttle inputs come through fine, and the ESC can find neutral, but the "ATL" setting on his 3PK seems to be causing a issue.

When the ESC and radio are calibrated with the "ATL" set to zero, he has no brakes whatsoever until he turns the "ATL" up to 5 or 10. Upon doing so, it seems he gets max brake, but in the form of drag brake. If he calibrates his ESC and radio with the "ATL" set at 100, he still has no brakes, and upon turning it down the motor starts spinning in the forward direction.

I've looked into it a bit and cannot find any other mention of the problem, and cannot really solve it with my own equipment as I'm using Airtronics radio gear.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
His radio will not really calibrate properly. His throttle inputs come through fine, and the ESC can find neutral, but the "ATL" setting on his 3PK seems to be causing a issue.

When the ESC and radio are calibrated with the "ATL" set to zero, he has no brakes whatsoever until he turns the "ATL" up to 5 or 10. Upon doing so, it seems he gets max brake, but in the form of drag brake. If he calibrates his ESC and radio with the "ATL" set at 100, he still has no brakes, and upon turning it down the motor starts spinning in the forward direction.

I've looked into it a bit and cannot find any other mention of the problem, and cannot really solve it with my own equipment as I'm using Airtronics radio gear.
Can he format (default) his model from his radio and calibrate it again...?
Old 07-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Can he format (default) his model from his radio and calibrate it again...?
Hi Howard. Ill do a complete reset of my radio, and see what happens. Will let you know tomorrow.

Thanks
Nick K
Old 07-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Danny-b23

I´m having the same problem using a KO EX-1 UR.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I have a 17.5R MMM wondering what timing ring I should use for a medium size track. Also I'm using the Reventon R esc.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Hybrid Boot "Active" vs. "Power"

For Reventon Pro STOCK1 firmware: is Hybrid Boost Power (HB Power) the same as Hybrid Boost Active in the documentation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.