Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Wow, with all of this going on I'm glad I went with the Hobbywing Xerun v3.1. The Reventon Pro 1.1 looks so badazz tho; I had to make a choice between the two. Glad I didn't choose vanity
Old 07-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just out of curiosity, how do you tell if you SP is counterfeit?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tiago890
No one said for sure bro if the RCMart ones were counterfeit.... the guy was 'speculating' by using the words "may be". Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. A seed has been planted. Jumping to forgone conclusions is the wrong thing to do here. It would be nice to get an explanation from SP or Schumacher why certain distributers aren't covered.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think this is like a lot of other electronic stuff you buy, the distributor takes care of its area only. If you buy a Futaba radio from HK, you will not receive service under warranty in the USA. It has to go back to Asia. I'm sure most other companies are like this.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JayBee
Wow, with all of this going on I'm glad I went with the Hobbywing Xerun v3.1. The Reventon Pro 1.1 looks so badazz tho; I had to make a choice between the two. Glad I didn't choose vanity
Originally Posted by tiago890
No one said for sure bro if the RCMart ones were counterfeit.... the guy was 'speculating' by using the words "may be". Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. A seed has been planted. Jumping to forgone conclusions is the wrong thing to do here. It would be nice to get an explanation from SP or Schumacher why certain distributers aren't covered.
Agreed ^^^^ Just speculation.

Just can't understand the warranty status on the ESC and WiFi Module were deemed N/A and Rejected when I tried to register them, they had what seemed to be valid warranty cards and #'s in the packages?

Product Registration Detail:
Ref# Item Name PN# Purchased From Purchased Date Warranty Card No. Warranty Status Action
W001993 Reventon R - Blue SP000063 onlineShop rcmart 22 Feb, 2013 100132 N/A Submit RMA
W001936 Reventon Wireless WiFi Module SP000009 onlineShop eHIROBO 24 Feb, 2013 116617 Rejected Submit RMA
W000378 Ultra Sportsman V3.0 Motor 21.5R SP000018 SpeedPassion.net C4126 14 Mar, 2012 W000378 Expired.
Buy New with Price USD38.35 Submit RMA

W000364 Ultra Sportsman V3.0 Brushless Motor - 21.5R SP000018 onlineShop Speed Passion.net 19 Mar, 2012 Expired.
Buy New with Price USD38.35 Submit RMA

W000363 Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC 12280 onlineShop Speed Passion.net 19 Mar, 2012 Expired Submit RMA
Old 07-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok I need help deciding on which SP ESC I'm going to get.
I really like the design of the Reventon R but have heard of reliability issues.
I Like the metal case design on the GT2.1 ProStock, but I'm not sure if I can run a mod motor on it safely.
And my last option is the GT2.0 Pro which I already know is good, but old in design.

I am going to be putting this esc into a drift car.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djtang88
Ok I need help deciding on which SP ESC I'm going to get.
I really like the design of the Reventon R but have heard of reliability issues.
I Like the metal case design on the GT2.1 ProStock, but I'm not sure if I can run a mod motor on it safely.
And my last option is the GT2.0 Pro which I already know is good, but old in design.

I am going to be putting this esc into a drift car.
I guess it depends what your definition of a mod motor is. I have run an 8.5 with boost on a GT 2.1 Prostock, racing 2wd SC with no issues. If you plan on going much lower I would think the 2.0 would be a better choice. From what I have seen and heard I would buy the Revention pro. A friend of mine is running the Revention stock club race with good results, but that doesn't help you much.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So no one has had issues with the Reventon Pro? I see that it is only 26 bucks more that the GT2.0 Pro, so I wouldn't mind spending the extra money.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

A number of issues seem are a significant number of users having an inability to properly install the software and updates properly. The manual doesn't really help, but it is really rather simple to be honest.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djtang88
So no one has had issues with the Reventon Pro? I see that it is only 26 bucks more that the GT2.0 Pro, so I wouldn't mind spending the extra money.
I bought a Rev Pro and it has worked flawlessly. I don't carry a backup speedo so I just ordered a Rev Pro 1.1. I haven't had a single issue with the esc's and have been running 4.5/5.5 mod tc.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If you bought your ESC from a vendor that did not receive it from the Speed Passion USA distributor you effectively own a gray market item. This isn't just Speed Passion, in the camera world you can get gray market items from Canon, Nikon and other name brands. By purchasing these, you have side stepped the importer and saved a few bucks. Because the importer wasn't part of the chain, you can't use them for warranty and would have to send it back to its origin which is Asia. The issues above fall into the same realm.

If you want the US distributor to service your item you must buy it from them. Simple.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Performance wise, the two ESCs are similar. What I prefer about the Hobbywing is that you can power off your car from the transmitter. That feature alone is why it is in my car currently and the Reventon Pro is now a backup.

Originally Posted by linkless
If you bought your ESC from a vendor that did not receive it from the Speed Passion USA distributor you effectively own a gray market item. This isn't just Speed Passion, in the camera world you can get gray market items from Canon, Nikon and other name brands. By purchasing these, you have side stepped the importer and saved a few bucks. Because the importer wasn't part of the chain, you can't use them for warranty and would have to send it back to its origin which is Asia. The issues above fall into the same realm.

If you want the US distributor to service your item you must buy it from them. Simple.
Exactly, it is very simple, caveman simple.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

Reventons from rcmart are not fake, i registred mine on speedpassion.net without any problems.
If you cant register your reventon you are doing something wrong, try again....

Regarding warranty it sounds fair that asian bought escs should be sent to asia for repair, cant see why a distrubitor should help with something they havent sold or made money on.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

My Reventon Pro lost all timing functions during a run today and now it smells funny. Third time I´m using it. My MMM 4.5R, brand new, also failed. When I opened it up I saw that the rotor was broken. It just stopped on the track. This must be a warranty issue, never had this happen before. I bought the combo pack from RC-Mushroom. Where do I send it it; North America or Asia?
Old 07-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
My Reventon Pro lost all timing functions during a run today and now it smells funny. Third time I´m using it. My MMM 4.5R, brand new, also failed. When I opened it up I saw that the rotor was broken. It just stopped on the track. This must be a warranty issue, never had this happen before. I bought the combo pack from RC-Mushroom. Where do I send it it; North America or Asia?
What rotor and sensor board? And what software on the ESC? My friend and I have had a couple of rotors come apart (magnet came unglued from shaft) but its only been the red capped 12.5 ones. I've been running my Reventon Pro with a 4.5 and boost a number of times and it hasn't had any issues, even popping a motor wire loose once or twice..... So I would agree that it should be a warranty issue. I've never seen damage done to the ESC when a motor fails, though.... I haven't ordered through Mushroom so can't ya there, sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.