Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
I have a few questions ref my GT2, At the moment Im not running the pack of 4 power caps that came in the kit?? should I be and what difference will it make. I currently run 13.5 using an Sp motor. The power caps that came with the esc take up a lot of room is there any thing else I could use that is smaller.
Im about to start the indoor carpet season here in the UK, Racing 13.5 with rubber tyres any advise on esc settings Timing etc.
All speedy manufactures strongly advise against removing the cap. I know for a fact that most speedies run hotter without them and some lose performance as well. If you are having trouble making it fit, try going the other way... Make the wires longer so you can put the caps right up the back of your chassis. I did this with the GT 1.1.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I have a few questions ref my GT2, At the moment Im not running the pack of 4 power caps that came in the kit?? should I be and what difference will it make. I currently run 13.5 using an Sp motor. The power caps that came with the esc take up a lot of room is there any thing else I could use that is smaller.
Im about to start the indoor carpet season here in the UK, Racing 13.5 with rubber tyres any advise on esc settings Timing etc.
The flat super cap SP sells is easier to mount and has more capacity, the fan will spin for like 2 secs with it connected.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
im gonna try 0 esc timeing and work on all gearing since thats what the GTB is no timeing advance on the esc. I see on the speed passion site there is a update for stock class its supposed to improve bottom end power from the speed passion site
For GT2.0 LPF and GT2.0 Pro:

New software version number "090312a" This is software had improve the bottom end power and top speed, special for stock class.

is the update worth spending the extra $30 for the pro programer?
312a is a NIGHT AND DAY different then what you had in your GT2. Get that programmer and download the 312...and checkout my PM for you for setup.
RCP is a pretty tight and short track, I don't think your final drive should be less then 4.8. Put smaller pinion and keep trying.
150 degree on motor is fine...I think the sweet spot for the motor temp are 160-180....remember, you are still running 2 cell lipo.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Only if you want your speedo to blow up with smoke...then you don't need one.

Cap is a MUST HAVE...for simply a waranty issue, then the performance issue. I too extend the wires long enough so I can tape it on top of the servo, or on the side, or on top of the upper deck....

If it is too ugly for your taste...try the high cap, the flat one, that was designed for MOD motor, but it is ok to use for any motor turn.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey guys

I cant seem to find the led on the esc

but I did find a little red led inside the esc through a little hole

but why did they make it like that if we cant even see it?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Initiate

So any answers to the question about Lipo cutoff working when running 1s? I saw the response regarding the cutoff not working if the ESC switch is off. But can you run with both switches on and have the cutoff work? I'm new to the 1s setup so I'm trying to wrap my head around how to get it to work. I'm going to be using the novak booster and I have the GT pro 2.0.

I believe the cutoff option is on a per cell basis (gonna use 3.0) but I'm wondering if it will detect 1s properly since the speedo is rated for 2-3 lipo cells.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kriiiss
Hey guys

I cant seem to find the led on the esc

but I did find a little red led inside the esc through a little hole

but why did they make it like that if we cant even see it?
That was a design mistake in the case, they are coming with a smoked case on the bottom so your able to see the LED's now.

Originally Posted by jdev
So any answers to the question about Lipo cutoff working when running 1s? I saw the response regarding the cutoff not working if the ESC switch is off. But can you run with both switches on and have the cutoff work? I'm new to the 1s setup so I'm trying to wrap my head around how to get it to work. I'm going to be using the novak booster and I have the GT pro 2.0.

I believe the cutoff option is on a per cell basis (gonna use 3.0) but I'm wondering if it will detect 1s properly since the speedo is rated for 2-3 lipo cells.
Highly advised to NOT run both switches, it's a quick way to make your ESC go poof
Old 10-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Dose anyone have a Pro Programer they want to sell. Cant aford the cost of a new one. Thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

from what I was told the hobbywing overseas programmer is the same and will work with the Speed Passion stuff. You can get those from overseas for about $25 shipped I have seen.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
from what I was told the hobbywing overseas programmer is the same and will work with the Speed Passion stuff. You can get those from overseas for about $25 shipped I have seen.
Nice I was just looking at it. but dose that mean you have to use there softwear updates. I would hate to get it and try to download the 312 update and find out it wont work
Old 10-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think it will do the speed passion updates, as I asked if the Hobbywing would work here about a month or so back ago and was told yes, assuming they ment the speed passion updates too.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

I got a email out to Hobby Wing about the issue so when I get a answer ill let you all know
Old 10-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
I got a email out to Hobby Wing about the issue so when I get a answer ill let you all know
Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails The Speed Passion Thread-dsc_1098.jpg  
Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Wether you have a SP or HW lcd programmer it will work with either software with HW seeming to have a more updated version.
The LCD programmer doesnt have finer adjustments but does have additional features.
HW software has a few additional firmware versions but i havent had a chance to try them to compare with SP versions.
The LCD programmer also keeps 3 different setups in memory instead of adjusting settings you can have these setups preprogrammed.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

How do you go about ordering the thing from HW? I don't see a area to purchase on there site. and how long dose it take to get it shipped comming from a long way away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.