Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

What I dont understand is how someone can purchase the new 2.1 gt ex speedo with the advertised Supercharger software as stated above and then receive it and it not have those functions and be told you have to have to buy a separate programmer card to get those functions.

I need a new esc within the next 2wks and I am on the fence between the 2.1 pro stock and a kinetic. The only thing holding me back from getting the pro stock now is I keep getting conflicting answers as to if the Included card that comes with the esc can adjust the supercharger settings. Some ppl say it can then others say settings 1-10 only appear. Which is it? Should you be able to set the supercharger settings with the included card? Yeah I know you can buy the extra card for $30 but is it to much to ask to be able to used adveritised options without having to purchase something else. And on top of that I would buy the box but its never instock.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robzzz
What I dont understand is how someone can purchase the new 2.1 gt ex speedo with the advertised Supercharger software as stated above and then receive it and it not have those functions and be told you have to have to buy a separate programmer card to get those functions.

I need a new esc within the next 2wks and I am on the fence between the 2.1 pro stock and a kinetic. The only thing holding me back from getting the pro stock now is I keep getting conflicting answers as to if the Included card that comes with the esc can adjust the supercharger settings. Some ppl say it can then others say settings 1-10 only appear. Which is it? Should you be able to set the supercharger settings with the included card? Yeah I know you can buy the extra card for $30 but is it to much to ask to be able to used adveritised options without having to purchase something else. And on top of that I would buy the box but its never instock.
I have a brand new just opened Pro stock 2.1 esc, the included box DOES have the ability to program the supercharger functions, however if you wish to change to a different software, 205 mod, 508 blinky, 323 boost, you will need the extra programming box, and access to a computer, the pro stock that i recieved has the boost software already loaded, so the included box is all that I need to adjust it. the thing about the SP is you have many options of which software to use, that is why it is this way, its not just boost or no boost as with the other escs, which btw, if you want the best performance out of, you will have to buy their hot wire, link, usb cable or what ever.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default speedpassion v3 rotor snaped

my speedpassion v3 13.5 brushless motor was making a right noise so i took it apart to find that the long pin where you connect pinion had come away from the main rotor i think the motor is great never let me down before so i have ordered another v3 13.5 motor what can i do to stop this happening again the car it goes on is a xray t3 thanks for any replies
Old 05-02-2011, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moggy12
my speedpassion v3 13.5 brushless motor was making a right noise so i took it apart to find that the long pin where you connect pinion had come away from the main rotor i think the motor is great never let me down before so i have ordered another v3 13.5 motor what can i do to stop this happening again the car it goes on is a xray t3 thanks for any replies
This is interesteing.....I dont understand which pin you mean....can u take a pics for me? I am interested to see .

Also, what kind of noise were you hearing?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
This is interesteing.....I dont understand which pin you mean....can u take a pics for me? I am interested to see .

Also, what kind of noise were you hearing?
I think he meant the main axle (quote: "where you connect the pinion")
Old 05-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Initiate

yes i meant main axle on the rotor came apart so rotor was in two bits the noise was like spur gear and pinion were to tight but they were not it was a grinding noise
Old 05-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi Guys, i had an issue yesterday, in practice, i had no control over my car, it had no steering and kept accelerating . so i got it back to the pits, and rebound my reciever, and tried a different battery. i worked the steering for about 30-40 seconds, lock to lock. then it went on its own. it kept going lock to lock with out me touching my radio. i tried to reflash software, rebind reciever, then i went to recalibrate. on first beep, i pressed the red button again for throttle end point, and the buzzer just stayed on, no beeps, just constant sound. i had to turn it off. and when i turned it back on, it would not power up the reciever. i took the bottom case off, and blew everythign out. could not see any issues. and still would not power up the receiver. so i was done for the day after 2 laps. no matter i tried with everything unplugged, different batteries, sensor no sensor. and even other peoples receivers. nothing. has anyone experienced this before, and what can be done to repair, or fix it. thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moggy12
yes i meant main axle on the rotor came apart so rotor was in two bits the noise was like spur gear and pinion were to tight but they were not it was a grinding noise
That can happen to any motor...I had seen that happened on other brands as well (don't want to name names)
You can simply purchase the rotor alone and rebuild that motor....
Old 05-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Hi Guys, i had an issue yesterday, in practice, i had no control over my car, it had no steering and kept accelerating . so i got it back to the pits, and rebound my reciever, and tried a different battery. i worked the steering for about 30-40 seconds, lock to lock. then it went on its own. it kept going lock to lock with out me touching my radio. i tried to reflash software, rebind reciever, then i went to recalibrate. on first beep, i pressed the red button again for throttle end point, and the buzzer just stayed on, no beeps, just constant sound. i had to turn it off. and when i turned it back on, it would not power up the reciever. i took the bottom case off, and blew everythign out. could not see any issues. and still would not power up the receiver. so i was done for the day after 2 laps. no matter i tried with everything unplugged, different batteries, sensor no sensor. and even other peoples receivers. nothing. has anyone experienced this before, and what can be done to repair, or fix it. thanks.
I think it is your TRANSMITTER and RECEIVER both....see you can borrow a totally different set of radio and try it. I always has a set of FM or even AM $20 radio system for me to trouble shooting all the possible error. Give that a try.....it does not seems like the ESC problem because your steering is not working at the beginning.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I think it is your TRANSMITTER and RECEIVER both....see you can borrow a totally different set of radio and try it. I always has a set of FM or even AM $20 radio system for me to trouble shooting all the possible error. Give that a try.....it does not seems like the ESC problem because your steering is not working at the beginning.
i just changed the bottom board from another ESC, and it powers up the reciever. maybe an issue with a cap or broken connection on the board.
anyhow, i will send it to AU distributor, and see if it can be repaired.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Just got a GT2.1 EX to run in a GT car. Can I use the Hobbywing LCD box to update software on it? Do I need to use Speedpassion software and can I use it with the Hobbywing box?
Old 05-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Talking

Hi all

When using 508 zero timing what colour led is ment to flash ( i get a red flashing led is this right ? )

Thanks
Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rich67
Just got a GT2.1 EX to run in a GT car. Can I use the Hobbywing LCD box to update software on it? Do I need to use Speedpassion software and can I use it with the Hobbywing box?
See you can ask the Hobbywing ppl (at Hobbywing thread) regarding your question I am sure they can help you there.

If you are indeed using the SP GT2.1 EX, of course we prefer you to run the SP software.........
Old 05-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BLUE 2
Hi all

When using 508 zero timing what colour led is ment to flash ( i get a red flashing led is this right ? )

Thanks
Correct.........the red led should be blinking when the car is in idle.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i bought a Hobbywing 2 in 1 update box as Speed passion are sold out and back order

how do i put the Speed passion softwere onto it ???

Thanks Phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.