Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tcb22185
Any one have any idea on how to flash a HW lcd box to speedpassion? after searching for a week for a speedpassion box for a desent price. i went ahead and orderd the HW one hoping to find some help flashing it over.
you Can Go to Hobbywing Thread to ask this.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/393690-new-hobbywing-stock-supercharged-software-280.html 3rd Generation
Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
Solara, crum, kevin. thank you all for your fast response. i will try this out this weekend.

rich
your welcome
Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi,

Can anyone help me, I have just got a Speed Passion GT2.0 pro esc from a guy. He said he lent it to a friend to use at a meeting last month when they cooked their esc, and whoever he lent it to fiddled with the settings and has somehow locked the turbo function out?

We have the LCD programme box and we have no options to tune the supercharge/turbo mode. How can we get this back and sorted? The ESC is very slow without this function compared to other ESC's at our club but it was super quick before it was fiddled with

Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by my4ari
Hi,

Can anyone help me, I have just got a Speed Passion GT2.0 pro esc from a guy. He said he lent it to a friend to use at a meeting last month when they cooked their esc, and whoever he lent it to fiddled with the settings and has somehow locked the turbo function out?

We have the LCD programme box and we have no options to tune the supercharge/turbo mode. How can we get this back and sorted? The ESC is very slow without this function compared to other ESC's at our club but it was super quick before it was fiddled with

Thanks
He may have put the 508 No Timing software onto the ESC. Hook it up to a computer and reflash either 528 or 212 onto it and you should get your turbo function back.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi,

Thanks
hey any new setups on the new profile 212 also my android app was working on the speedpassion it not now what wrong
Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
hey any new setups on the new profile 212
Originally Posted by Danny-b23
Hey guys, just thought I'd post my setup on here from a larger race I ran recently. The track was about 80x36 of very bumpy carpet track. This setup had super smooth power and had a lot of rip. I used a SP V3 13.5 and the GT 2.0 LPF.

TC 13.5 Boosted:

FDR: 7.0
2/4
4/7
5/3
6/3
8/2
9/5
12/6
13/3
14/4
15/4
Here's mine, it seemed to work quite well.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

He may have put the 508 No Timing software onto the ESC. Hook it up to a computer and reflash either 528 or 212 onto it and you should get your turbo function back.
Thanks,
Where do i get the 528 or 212 software from and is there a guide to how this is all done?

Im new to this

Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

I found the 528 software and put this across but now when I unplug the LCD from the computer to see the settings of the ESC just on the programmer, it comes up with Please Upgrade Software (once it connects to the esc)

What have I done wrong?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Go to Speed Passion.net and download the usb firmware V 1.35 this is the latest software. I used this and setups on this site and Im very happy with the performance of the Pro Stock ESC.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

I found the 528 software and put this across but now when I unplug the LCD from the computer to see the settings of the ESC just on the programmer, it comes up with Please Upgrade Software (once it connects to the esc)

What have I done wrong?
I think there was an upgrade a while back for the LCD box as well, I would use your interface and select 'LCD Programmer' as the device and upgrade the SW on that if you can.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What have I done wrong?
you must also flash the software to the esc twice
Old 03-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Power Lipo inside case

We are very disappointed, as now we found Speed Power 5300 45C 7.4V
is not 2S1P, instead it was 2S2P,

This is also not showed on the boxed no badge about what's in,
This ROAR APPROVED Lipo is failed to be transparent to customer.

as the case is not transparent, and no label on its HardCase,

this is know, as the Hard Case is Pop Up, uncased accidentally like shell,
and we saw it from the side it was, 4Layer inside, so for 7.4V we made conclusion it is 2S2P,

the 2S2P also cause bad in Balancing The Lipo.

we hope Speed Power Pay attention about this.
Thank's
Old 03-23-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

This doesn't have to be anyting negative at all Irgo why do you think that?

There are no reason a 2s2p pack should come out of balance easier than a pack with 2s1p.

If 1 cell in a 2s2p pack is somewhat worse than the other 3 its "parallell buddy" will help it as good as it can.

If 1 cell in a 2s1p pack is worse it has no "buddy" to lean on
Old 03-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ok whats the issue?

Where did Speedpower or ROAR do something wrong?

Speedpower never said the pack was 2s1p....nor did they say it was 2s2p. YOU ASSUMED that it was 2s1p....so why are they doing something wrong? It was your assumption that was wrong....Speedpower never said anything so you assumed what it was. There for all the blame is on you for making the wrong assumption.

From what I was told it will be hard to find any pack that’s above 5000mah that’s 2s1p.....if you want the capacity you are going to go 2s2p. Because this isn’t advertised who’s at fault? Or are you just looking to make a big deal out of nothing?

Here are the ROAR rules.....

8.3.2.4 The battery pack shall have leads extending from the case for the positive and
negative electrical connections using wire of adequate size to handle discharge rates
acceptable to racing applications. Alternatively, the case shall have external
connection points for these wires clearly marked positive and negative so the user can
apply the lead wires. Markings on the case are required stating the rated voltage and
capacity of the battery. The Value Added Manufacturers name and/or logo shall be
easily readable on the case. Individual cells used in the construction of the battery
shall be rated at 3.7v nominal. A 2s 7.4v nominal battery pack shall be 2 cells in series
and a 4s 14.8v nominal battery pack shall be 4 cells in series. Multiple cells in parallel
may be used.

Originally Posted by irgo
We are very disappointed, as now we found Speed Power 5300 45C 7.4V
is not 2S1P, instead it was 2S2P,

This is also not showed on the boxed no badge about what's in,
This ROAR APPROVED Lipo is failed to be transparent to customer.

as the case is not transparent, and no label on its HardCase,

this is know, as the Hard Case is Pop Up, uncased accidentally like shell,
and we saw it from the side it was, 4Layer inside, so for 7.4V we made conclusion it is 2S2P,

the 2S2P also cause bad in Balancing The Lipo.

we hope Speed Power Pay attention about this.
Thank's
Old 03-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here's mine, it seemed to work quite well.
Danny, can you PM this setting of yours using the SP setup sheet so I can post it on the site...? Thanks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.