Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
What I'm trying to get at is simply, does the capacitor ONLY affect the braking power of the speedo?

If so, I won't need to change mine cos I've got plenty of brakes If, for example, it gives the boost profiles more power or something then obviously I'll look to change it out!

Thanks for the other info though
Oli
Originally Posted by niznai

If the capacitor is polarised and soldered on the battery wires correctly (plus to battery plus) it is used to store a bit of charge which is released abruptly to compensate the battery voltage if it is momentarily depleted during hard acceleration or brake. Otherwise, no idea.
Hope the reply above helps you.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
What I'm trying to get at is simply, does the capacitor ONLY affect the braking power of the speedo?

If so, I won't need to change mine cos I've got plenty of brakes If, for example, it gives the boost profiles more power or something then obviously I'll look to change it out!

Thanks for the other info though
Oli
Originally Posted by san.
Hope the reply above helps you.
Well said from niznai....

And thanks SAN
Old 10-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by inconceivable
I've been away from Speed Passion for a while (since my LP 1.5's - which are still running strong in my off road mod vehicles). Anyway, I'm really thinking of picking up the new EX for my 17.5 1/12th scale. Is the only way to get to the advanced features with the new LCD box ? The stock box does not allow changes to these upper settings, correct ? Thanks.
Originally Posted by mattsedgley
the standard box can be used to alter all the 15 options HTH
Yes and No....

The GT2.1 EX...came installed the 205g software which is for MOD motor use, no SUPERCHARGER feature on that verison of software. Then we have 528STOCK and 528MOD along with the no timing software = 508_no_timing for user to upload and use....

In order to upload the software onto the ESC, you will need the LCD box. So...the LCD is a good investment for you, that box itself can also replaced the plastic programmer box that came with the ESC.

Some ppl might have friend that has the LCD box, then you can have him to upload the software for you and then you can use the plastic box for adjustment. Once the SUPERCHARGER software is uploaded, the plastic box can adjust all 15 functions.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Yes and No....

The GT2.1 EX...came installed the 205g software which is for MOD motor use, no SUPERCHARGER feature on that verison of software. Then we have 528STOCK and 528MOD along with the no timing software = 508_no_timing for user to upload and use....
hi solara, where do I get the 528stock software? I got the LCD thing but not sure what software is in my GT LPF 2.0

this 528stock has turbo I suppose? And can be used for the GT LPF 2.0?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
hi solara, where do I get the 528stock software? I got the LCD thing but not sure what software is in my GT LPF 2.0

You can go on speedpassion.net and download the software from the website.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak

Here's a bit more help if you don't know where to navigate...

Go here: http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...802LPFcb&c=ESC

...and you can see the applicable downloads for the 2.0LPF. You'll see the 528 software under the 7/8/2010 date.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by encore75
Here's a bit more help if you don't know where to navigate...

Go here: http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...802LPFcb&c=ESC

...and you can see the applicable downloads for the 2.0LPF. You'll see the 528 software under the 7/8/2010 date.
got it.. thanks
Old 10-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks everyone above that helped Arahawak........
Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was wondering if anyone has run into the same issue that we have with our 2.0Pro in our Mod (version 3 4.0T) touring car.

Lights on esc are as per instructions on full gas and full brake, but after having used the car the esc light blinks green when on neutral. According to instructions there should be no light on when in neutral.
Have tried reprogramming radio to esc and also changed sensor wire and these had no effect on the issue.

Even when the light blinks on neutral the car is running normal.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

@ Solara

I know that GT 2.0 has constant 400 A and burst 800 A, so with GT 2.1 Pro stock how many amps for constant and burst ? before... I installed friend's T3 with GT Pro stock 2.0 with 4 small capacitors and 12 awg cables ...and when i received my new GT Pro stock 2.1 , I only received 1 medium size Capacitor and 14 awg cables....any differences on performance because I haven't install it yet..

Thanks,
Bijono
Old 10-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jarkko
I was wondering if anyone has run into the same issue that we have with our 2.0Pro in our Mod (version 3 4.0T) touring car.

Lights on esc are as per instructions on full gas and full brake, but after having used the car the esc light blinks green when on neutral. According to instructions there should be no light on when in neutral.
Have tried reprogramming radio to esc and also changed sensor wire and these had no effect on the issue.

I had that problem, turned out the sensor board on the motor was gone so it was in sensorless mode.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jarkko

Open up the V3 motor's endbell, clean up the sensor board and reseat the sensor and check the esc light again...hope those lights are OFF after that.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bijono
@ Solara

I know that GT 2.0 has constant 400 A and burst 800 A, so with GT 2.1 Pro stock how many amps for constant and burst ? before... I installed friend's T3 with GT Pro stock 2.0 with 4 small capacitors and 12 awg cables ...and when i received my new GT Pro stock 2.1 , I only received 1 medium size Capacitor and 14 awg cables....any differences on performance because I haven't install it yet..

Thanks,
Bijono
We constantly update our capacity's model and size...your duo cap version is the current model for the Gt2.1 ProStock. We have been using the same cap for GT2.1 ProStock and it is proved to be good for racing.

The GT2 PRO (not pro stock) used the 4 caps and 12ga wire simply because the PRO unit is mainly use with MOD motor...if you are going to use the 2.1 ProStock with MOD motor like 7.5 or 8.5T, you should upgrade the wire to 12ga and the 4 caps...

GT2.1 ProStock is aimed for stock motor racing...but it can be use with 7.5 and 8.5 with the right software.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The cool thing is... If you just load 528_Stock on the GT 2.0 Pro, it works perfectly fine for stock too! The new upgraded power capacitor that Solara had mentioned before is also a very good upgrade for stock racing.

-Korey
Old 10-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
The cool thing is... If you just load 528_Stock on the GT 2.0 Pro, it works perfectly fine for stock too! The new upgraded power capacitor that Solara had mentioned before is also a very good upgrade for stock racing.

-Korey
so if using the gt2.0pro for stock racing, (13.5), on a track where punch is of upmost importance, which would be the better cap to use? and can you really tell the difference, bearing in mind im no mark.r. or elliot.h.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.