Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter george
The issue starts after almost the second lap, and the temp are not hot ,just warm.Could it be my computer? I will try to change another couple of sensor wires,but when it did the problem...I put the motor from my car with the lrp old spere -same thing.Thanks for the input,I will try to download the set up again and see what happens.Is this anything that any body here has ever experienced? Also even if some other car runs close and hits me I experience some loss of power...?
when you put the new s/w on did you do the prcedure twice that is what is recommended by sp try that see if it helps
Old 10-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
I hope there is an android app for the speedpassions! please... android is the future.
Solara has previously mentioned that it would be ported for Android as well. You can also see "Android" right there in the picture from the hobby show under "Compatible With:"

Solara, any ETA on when the mobile app will be available for Android?
Old 10-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by encore75
Solara has previously mentioned that it would be ported for Android as well. You can also see "Android" right there in the picture from the hobby show under "Compatible With:"

Solara, any ETA on when the mobile app will be available for Android?
Oh happy times I see the windows logo.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr crum
when you put the new s/w on did you do the prcedure twice that is what is recommended by sp try that see if it helps
oops, I might have overlooked that part.I will try it and see,thats probably the problem.Thanks for the info.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Doh! missed that! YES Android!
Old 10-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

from rcdriver site:

Speed Passion wow'ed us with this very cool iPhone app. This app allows you to open, modify and program your Speed Passion ESC via bluetooth technology. Since almost everyone carries a cell phone, this removes the need for carrying around laptops (or netbooks), cables or a pocket programmer.

This product was not finalized, so full-blown specs were not available. Speed Passion has guaranteed us it will be the next big thing in programmable ESC's. Software will be available for iOS, Android and Windows Mobile phones.

For more information, visit Speed Passion's web site at http://www.speedpassion.net
Old 10-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Hi I have a speedpasion GT 2 Pro, I have a LCD programmer, I have no idea how to use it to update to the new software. Is 528 the most up to date stock software ?? How do I set it all up ??
Old 10-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default brakes ... what brakes !!!

hi im runng a sp esc and 528 software on a 13.5t novak ss motor and in my top photon ....

i was out on a resonably big / long straight carpet track today , and a had a issue of lack of brakes while going full chat on the main straight , into the corner ...

i had to try and brake soo much earlier , and i felt like i would be loosing soo much time off throttle etc ..

my settings are ..

initial braking force 40%
reverse force 100%
brake force 100% and the brake force on my transmitter set to max ...

cheers for your help
Old 10-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shaun207
hi im runng a sp esc and 528 software on a 13.5t novak ss motor and in my top photon ....

i was out on a resonably big / long straight carpet track today , and a had a issue of lack of brakes while going full chat on the main straight , into the corner ...

i had to try and brake soo much earlier , and i felt like i would be loosing soo much time off throttle etc ..

my settings are ..

reverse force 100%

cheers for your help
40% drag brake! That will bring it to a virtual standstill when you lift off...

First thought is that you haven't recalibrated the speedo to the radio after changing software, or that a trim has got knocked out of place.

Second thought is that putting transmitter settings to "max" might be confusing the setup. Set them to "100%", which is often less than the maximum, depending on the transmitter.

Third thought is that your motor has gone soft. If it is an old SS with the bonded rotor, they don't brake as well as the sintered rotors that most other contemporary motors have.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shaun207

my settings are ..

reverse force 100%

cheers for your help
I also was running at the same track as Shaun today.

Myself and 2 other SP esc drivers all suffering the same issue, seemed to be when going from Full throttle straight onto heavy braking the brakes wouldnt work properly, they seemed to work and then fade and the strength of the brakes faded.

Initial brake was good, slow speed brakes good, but after the first 0.1 of braking they seemed to fade as if the ESC ran out of power.

my settings were:
Brakes 100
reverse force 50
initial 0

We couldnt cure it.... mayb its time for a firmware update? as hte Tekins could turn inside us, even if they couldnt outpace us
Old 10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Hi I have a speedpasion GT 2 Pro, I have a LCD programmer, I have no idea how to use it to update to the new software. Is 528 the most up to date stock software ?? How do I set it all up ??
I believe there is a video on the speedpassion website under video section for the esc or you could check youtube i am sure someone has made one...
Old 10-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

in reply to above post (#5859):

I did recalibrate mine, set my end points to 110% etc.

Ive never had issues with it before, it just seemed to be for this particular layout - hitting full brake whilst the car was still turboing from full throttle
Old 10-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Anyone running a speed passion in off road... I can't decide on a speedo
Old 10-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Anyone running a speed passion in off road... I can't decide on a speedo
what kind of car you running what size motor how big is the track?
Old 10-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by peter george
oops, I might have overlooked that part.I will try it and see,thats probably the problem.Thanks for the info.
your welcome thats what we are here for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.