Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Originally Posted by FIVE 7
I have tried to run both the 107 and the 110 with my 1s and booster in my 12th Scale and it does not seem to run properly. It winds out when I run it on my bench but as soon as I put it down for a lap, the car is totally slow. I have been stuck running the 312 or the 323 with this set-up. I would like to know how the 107 or 110 can be run with a 1s LiPo and booster in 12th Scale?

Thanks...
Brent, do you come down to Hanger 30 or Timezone?

I've got pinions from 12 to 65 and could not get the above to work any differently than you have.........It seems I have read this post before............

Mark
Old 02-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Sp feigao endless brushless esc

i need info if anyone have use this esc speed passion feigao EXT68801 ....because for its cheap price i might consider to buying it...and its the only available speed passion esc at my LHs now. planing using it with my v3 11.r motor... so f anyone have info... greatly appreciated...
Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone can supply me with good stock setup (for LRP X11 10.5T motor) including fdr? I've been searching for it, but couldn't find it. Thank you very much.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by irgo

adam when is LCD gets Updates for
adjusting Torque Limit custom value?
Power = Torque x RPM, so If you want to limit the torque I suggest you reduce the power (Turn down the endpoints on your Tx). I thought that DDRS was basically a dynamic torque control, it limits the initial torque making acceleration smoother. Alternatively you can adjust the throttle exponential to control the initial torque.

At low RPM you have more torque, which is general for all electric motors, which are very different to IC engines! If you assume a decent efficiency through the whole finite RPM range for electric then the way to limit the torque is to decrease the power delivered.

However I do think that it would be cool if you could set a limit in the ESC to, say, 90 Nm (a back of the envelope calculation for a 13.5t motor) over a certain RPM range, independent of which motor you were running, then that would be cool. You could have a 5.5t motor feel like a 13.5t up to 10,000 rpm then progressively get faster and faster.

Ben
Old 02-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cosmo1974
When using a 10.5T BL with max timing, is there any advantage of the SP GT2 PRO over the SP GT2 LPF ?

Cheers
abailey21 replied with a firm no.

But why is the cont. current and burst current of LPF significantly lower than that of Pro version? Will it affect performance and how?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The main and really only difference between the GT and the LPF is that the GT is made for mod or lower turn motors. The LPF cannot handle motors below 5.5t I believe. You save money to use on track time or the LCD programmer. If your only going to run between 21.5 to 105 turn motors get the LPF.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey
Power = Torque x RPM, so If you want to limit the torque I suggest you reduce the power (Turn down the endpoints on your Tx). I thought that DDRS was basically a dynamic torque control, it limits the initial torque making acceleration smoother. Alternatively you can adjust the throttle exponential to control the initial torque.

At low RPM you have more torque, which is general for all electric motors, which are very different to IC engines! If you assume a decent efficiency through the whole finite RPM range for electric then the way to limit the torque is to decrease the power delivered.

However I do think that it would be cool if you could set a limit in the ESC to, say, 90 Nm (a back of the envelope calculation for a 13.5t motor) over a certain RPM range, independent of which motor you were running, then that would be cool. You could have a 5.5t motor feel like a 13.5t up to 10,000 rpm then progressively get faster and faster.

Ben
You cannot limit the torque or reduce the motor power by turning down the epa.It makes it run hotter and less efficient.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Addict

Ben
Hey please someone correct me on this if you will.
I always understood that the DDRS also had an effect upon where the timing came in and how 'soft' or 'brutal' it came in.
If anyone else knows anything about this could you share please?

Originally Posted by dfiantii
The main and really only difference between the GT and the LPF is that the GT is made for mod or lower turn motors. The LPF cannot handle motors below 5.5t I believe. You save money to use on track time or the LCD programmer. If your only going to run between 21.5 to 105 turn motors get the LPF.
No you are right, I suppose that the halved On resistance could have some sway, but considering the numbers are uber low anyway AND most of us are using high 'C' current LiPo's then there would be such a miniscule difference to the feel as to be able to ignore it. God knows what would happen to any ESC, Motor or wires if we did pull 100+ amps through them for a sustained period lol
Old 02-12-2010, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Torque Limit

Ben
It's not DDRS it's DRRS

it's Digital Racing Response System
DRRS Control your aggressiveness related to Throttle response.

and the way what you do to control Torque is Classic.

DRRS must not control DMTS.

The reason is because kV changes.
DRRS does not change those kV and didn't involved timing.

The key is that, there is certain Timing is not allowed to appear
when ever the throttle is. Those Timing is only allowed depend on
certain RPM, and that also depend which motor Turn/Winds.
That's why DMTS for.

unlike DRRS where it control the power it opens.

Torque Control is Maintain torque on DMTS.

The result is Highest RPM to Achieve by having Maximum Torque.
The best Acceleration, and Maximum Efficiency.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Champion

It's not DDRS it's DRRS

Isn’t that what the torque control you are asking for does, attempts to control throttle aggressiveness? So it already has that function?

That's why DMTS for.
That sounds like the dynamic timing, or timing shift, or turbo mode, whatever term you want to use, that you are repeatedly requesting? So (like I seem to remember Mr. Palmer stating long ago) it already has that function as well, which continues to be refined/improved?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

It's not DDRS it's DRRS

That's why DMTS for.

unlike DRRS where it control the power it opens.

Torque Control is Maintain torque on DMTS.

The result is Highest RPM to Achieve by having Maximum Torque.
The best Acceleration, and Maximum Efficiency.
I understand the timing process but what exactly is the DDRS 'doing' to the motor is it checking when to involve timing or is it limiting the power output (a la Torque limiters).
Open to the floor.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dave H
That sounds like the dynamic timing, or timing shift, or turbo mode, whatever term you want to use, that you are repeatedly requesting? So (like I seem to remember Mr. Palmer stating long ago) it already has that function as well, which continues to be refined/improved?
The point is that you cannot control yourself each individual parameter like you can on for example a GM speedo (should "turbo" come in at 10000 RPM or 11500 RPM etc...) Would be nice if SP would provide this kind of software...
Old 02-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
The point is that you cannot control yourself each individual parameter like you can on for example a GM speedo (should "turbo" come in at 10000 RPM or 11500 RPM etc...) Would be nice if SP would provide this kind of software...
Perhaps. But I think it would be far better to have a smooth transition, rather than a sudden change at a specified point. Otherwise you are giving something up before reaching the set point. And in low traction conditions the sudden shift can be challenging. This appears to be what SP is providing. And continuing to improve.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No wonder we all need a NETBOOK to go to the race track and race toy car now....the topic is so DEEP that I think I need to go back and get a PHD in order to understand.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dave H
Perhaps. But I think it would be far better to have a smooth transition, rather than a sudden change at a specified point. Otherwise you are giving something up before reaching the set point. And in low traction conditions the sudden shift can be challenging. This appears to be what SP is providing. And continuing to improve.
Nobody said it has to be a sudden change, we would like to have a set of parameters available so you can play with the settings, depending on the parameters you have available there can be any kind of setup from smooth to rapid...when it is like now, all we can do is to use the preset from SP (the new versions work quite well though, but would still be nice to have access to the parameters that the SP engineers have)... I still currently prefer my GT 2.0 before my GM esc, but I can do much more with my GM esc settings...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.