Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just to confirm, I can use a HW programming box for a GT2.0? I don't own anything HW so don't care if I cant go back from the SP software
Old 02-09-2010, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Are there any advantages in waiting for the 2.1 prostock esc? or is it just as good to get a 2.0lpf or pro and run the latest software update?

also, anyone know a release date for the 2.1? and whether the LCD programming box is still needed for software updates via PC?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigM
Just to confirm, I can use a HW programming box for a GT2.0? I don't own anything HW so don't care if I cant go back from the SP software
I use the HW box with my Much-More/SP GT2.0. No issues so far. Updated ESC software twice and use it for changing settings trackside all the time.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by irgo
Congratulates ! Welcome To the Speed Passion World.
When The Speed is your Passion.

After That, why Don't you try To Run
HW Software on your HW LCD back?
up your HW Firmware to HW LCD back.
show us the Image results again ?
will You cherry2blost?
I can go back and forth on my HW program box with both softwares.So what's the point?
Old 02-09-2010, 06:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
As I stated before..... you guys need to READ the posts before jumping on the SP defence band wagon.
So far the only LCD units that have gone tits up are the SP ones, the HW ones can rotate back and forth as often as you like, intentional hobbling anyone?

If like us here in the UK, you are UNABLE to buy the SP ones as the Distibutor doesn't have them, AND there IS a guy here selling HW ones for £20 then we are going to HAVE to buy and use the Hobbywing one.

It just beggars belief the way that Americans think that the rest of the world just doesn't exist lol (unless it's got oil of course lol)
I'm not going to argue, but why are you and your UK friends turning this into ANOTHER HW thread, there is already a HW thread, keep those products in that thread please. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r-drivers.html
Old 02-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I'm not going to argue, but why are you and your UK friends turning this into ANOTHER HW thread, there is already a HW thread, keep those products in that thread please. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r-drivers.html
+1
Old 02-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

As I stated before..... you guys need to READ the posts before jumping on the SP defence band wagon.
So far the only LCD units that have gone tits up are the SP ones, the HW ones can rotate back and forth as often as you like, intentional hobbling anyone?

If like us here in the UK, you are UNABLE to buy the SP ones as the Distibutor doesn't have them, AND there IS a guy here selling HW ones for £20 then we are going to HAVE to buy and use the Hobbywing one.

It just beggars belief the way that Americans think that the rest of the world just doesn't exist lol (unless it's got oil of course lol)
Cherry....understand this instead. In this thread, is all about SPEED PASSION products. There is no reason for any of us (SP employee, test drivers, team drivers...etc) would encourage anyone to use anything that looks the same, act the same but does not have SPEED PASSION name on it, right..? Why would we encourage someone to use the 3rd party product and still GARANTEE that to work? We won't do that, nor encourage ppl to do that..

You can do that because you are the end user with no liability what so ever. If somone's GT2 blew up, smoked or broke because of using some 3rd party item like this Hobbywing programmer....can he/she send the speedo and the bill to you and you will refund the demage to him/her? I doubt you will....

As we stand correctly....end user using HOBBYWING programmer card to flash their Speed Passion GT2.0 Speedo with Speed Passion V1.32 program, you are doing that on your own risk. NOT SAYING that it won't work, but if that doesn't work, Speed Passion will NOT be responsable for any waranty work. Period.

Congratulates ! Welcome To the Speed Passion World.
When The Speed is your Passion.

After That, why Don't you try To Run
HW Software on your HW LCD back?
up your HW Firmware to HW LCD back.
show us the Image results again ?
will You cherry2blost?
Again....LIABILITY. You are responsable of what you tell him to do, if he has any demage on his equipment, are you willing to pay for all the damage? I highly doubt you will...

We are very welcome about your feedback and opinion, but encourage ppl to use anything that is not SPEED PASSION when the manuel was clearly indicated it must be SP product, you are just throwing that waranty card thru the window......

Beside, Amercian is very good on 1 thing...they know the word 'LIABILITY" very well.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

This thread, is CLEARLY, about the support of USA customer with Speed Passion Product. Afterall, Rctech is created in USA. Not UK.

Now....about not being able to buy SPEED PASSION products in UK. You have to contact SPEED PASSION UK and find out why can't you....ADAM (in USA) is doing everyone around the world a favor by answering or even selling stuff to Speed Passion customer world wide. He cannot satisfy everyone in this world...if he does, he would be the next President of the United State of America.

I am glad that you shown everyone that your Hobbywing LCD card does work on your Speed Passion GT2.0 speedo with Speed Passion V1.32 program. In the future, those who believed you and purchased the same items and if they do have any problem, it would be nice if you are hang around here in Rctech and help them to answer their question, repair their broken speedo or provide any waranty service.

Again...not trying to be a dick, but you just committed a service that you promised others it will work against what Speed Passion recommand. Period.

And I am totally offended by your last comment about AMERICAN. We are talking about TOY CAR here, please don't bring our country into this and please RESPECT our country, and respect your country and yourself as well. Thank you.

Last edited by Solara; 02-09-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Software

adam i do think we deserved to
know everything if it's around same King Golden Ltd.
cherry2blost show the fact about Speed Passion Software
that we all supposed know about it.
and so we knew how Speed Passion LCD had some bugs on it.

Supposed Speed Passion is the High end class,
i Suggest to allow HW Software to work on Speed Passion LCD too.

With this Fact i believe Speed Passion Will do more
for best Improvement in Option.

Such Things like
Boost
Turbo
Turbo delay
Turbo ramp
Time Shift
Dynamic Timing (already)
Throttle
Start RMP
End RPM
Graphics Adjustment
etc

is what Speed Passion Software Should add,
this will make a new way, How Speed Passion LCD catch the ball.

it's a Mandate and Suggestion.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Such Things like
Boost
Turbo
Turbo delay
Turbo ramp
Time Shift
Dynamic Timing (already)
Throttle
Start RMP
End RPM
Graphics Adjustment
etc

Before you ask these so called "technical" question....answer me this.

Can you drive a TOYOTA into a LEXUS dealer and ask them to do a FREE OIL CHANGE that LEXUS offer to all of their line-up the 1st year they own the car...?

TOYOTA is the same as the LEXUS under the skin....but are they the same, really?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Such Things like
Boost
Turbo
Turbo delay
Turbo ramp
Time Shift
Dynamic Timing (already)
Throttle
Start RMP
End RPM
Graphics Adjustment
etc

Your sugestions have been noted, and sent to Speed Passion.....every time you repeat yourself.

I hope Speed Passion can distance themselves further and further away from HW, and nobody's software is cross compatible any longer, that way I'm not receiving questions from customers of a different company, that I really can't help in the first place.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here you go, yes it works........

Charlie you either need to read peoples posts properly or you need to stop trying to mislead people. As discussed before am willing to stay quiet for the sake of the SP 'Brand' but lets not mislead people eh?
Ya know, if i didn't experience this myself, i wouldn't have posted this. If you READ my posts from a while back, you would have known i already posted this info already. It's great that you care about the consumers for Speedpassion, it is not great that you are misinformed about this thread and preach rubbish. Hope next time you try to attack any member here, you have all your facts straight about them. I understand that he used the HW box, but from my experience with them(considering they are the same box) they are not backwards compatible through my experience.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
....ADAM (in USA) is doing everyone around the world a favor by answering or even selling stuff to Speed Passion customer world wide. He cannot satisfy everyone in this world...if he does, he would be the next President of the United State of America.
Adam and Busey! What a ticket.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Software

Your sugestions have been noted, and sent to Speed Passion.....every time you repeat yourself.

I hope Speed Passion can distance themselves further and further away from HW, and nobody's software is cross compatible any longer, that way I'm not receiving questions from customers of a different company, that I really can't help in the first place.
Thank you adam, we cant wait to see that software to improve.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Adam:

Can you strongly recommend to speed passion to have a section for items that are no longer current like the orange guys do?

It would be great to still be able to see specs as well get get info / downloads on the item (where applicable). This would also be great for items that are also still technically current (like the Silver Arrow I ESC) since the new model has not been released and the old one is still being sold at places like Amainhobbies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.