Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya M05 Pro

Old 05-07-2009, 11:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
HmmmMMmmmm.. so would we only need these two main parts to convert an M-03 to an M-05?

51390 M-05 B Parts (Steering Wiper)
51389 M-05 A Parts (Chassis) (RC Model)

Sure, we'd need a long enough steering link to reach, and some extra bits o' hardware I'm sure we can scrounge up, but beyond that, it's looking promising..
So you didn't notice the new part numbers for suspension arms and uprights?

I'm going to wait this one out.

Jim
Old 05-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyde
Hey jam what's up bro? I believe the M05 is a total dofferent car. The M03 doesn't have all the stearing mounts to bolt the new bell crank to. it looks like a whole different chassis mold. But I could be wrong.. theres maybe a way to put the M05 stearing on the M03 but the M05 has other stuff that the M03 can't upgrade to.
Hope so tho. So people could just upgrade instead of dumping the m03.
Yeah, we can only hope the steering wiper part contains a lot more than a single piece of plastic.. having the same price of the chassis alone, I gather it might..

All we'd be able to bring over from the M-03/04 would be the suspension bits and the drivetrain/diff, but even that slapped onto a spare M05 chassis would be almost 90% complete right there..

The steering wiper would be the next part, and it's likely just rotating on some bearing mounted onto the chassis somewhere. Hopefully it's not too complicated to mount, but still slop-free.

Of course if we wait, Tamiya will release some CF or aluminum steering wiper set, which would likely come with the necessary hardware..
Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
So you didn't notice the new part numbers for suspension arms and uprights?

I'm going to wait this one out.

Jim
I did notice those, but it's almost as if they're just repackaging them to current times.. the M-03 parts we all use are ancient, so maybe they'll make them carbon-reinforced parts like they did with the F103 15th Anniversary arms?

I just don't see them releasing yet another suspension configuration this soon after the M-03M revision..
Old 05-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

HmmmMMmmmm.. so would we only need these two main parts to convert an M-03 to an M-05?

51390 M-05 B Parts (Steering Wiper)
51389 M-05 A Parts (Chassis) (RC Model)

Sure, we'd need a long enough steering link to reach, and some extra bits o' hardware I'm sure we can scrounge up, but beyond that, it's looking promising..
I guess we'd need to add this to the above list as well.. definitely a new part.

51392 M-05 D Parts (Damper Stay)
Old 05-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, we can only hope the steering wiper part contains a lot more than a single piece of plastic.. having the same price of the chassis alone, I gather it might..

All we'd be able to bring over from the M-03/04 would be the suspension bits and the drivetrain/diff, but even that slapped onto a spare M05 chassis would be almost 90% complete right there..

The steering wiper would be the next part, and it's likely just rotating on some bearing mounted onto the chassis somewhere. Hopefully it's not too complicated to mount, but still slop-free.

Of course if we wait, Tamiya will release some CF or aluminum steering wiper set, which would likely come with the necessary hardware..
Slop wasn't the real issue on the m03 the slop was in the m01 m02 and all the other full 10th scale older tamiyas... I'm happy about the susp of the m03. Not that much shimming needed IMO and if it is shimmed it gets binding problems....it was the top mounted servo that was just funny. (But unique concept to make it work) and front shock towers won't allow even the mini body to get slammed. So with the new disign we could drop the body as low as possible. And use all the other cool bodys that would look GOOFY on the M3 Cool eh?!

New part number...new parts....new new new. Kinda sux knowing they don't "need" the money lol but we'll see and we'll try to fit the older parts. I know Im going to try lol

The front shock tower looks a little funky... but we'll have to seeeeeee

Can't wait till this damn thing comes out!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ;5790283
Can't wait till this damn thing comes out!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

48th Shizuoka Hobby Show - Tamiya RC New Product

* 1/10RC mini-Cooper racing (M-05)
* 1/10RC M-05

Last edited by Hyde; 05-11-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Plus it looks like the spares are being released right alongside the kit!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.tamiyausa.com/search.php?....x=0&image.y=0
Old 05-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Plus it looks like the spares are being released right alongside the kit!
TamiyaUSA says Tamiya M03 Upgrades could be tranfered to the M05

Thanks for the link drift
Old 05-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default From TamiyaUSA website

Tamiya Home
RC M05 PRO Chassis Kit - M05 Item # 58443

Tamiya is proud to introduce the release of a new chassis to the very popular M Chassis range, the M-05 PRO chassis kit. The new chassis layout features new servo, receiver,and ESC positions for improved weight distribution and a lower center of gravity. Further-more, a 3-piece tie-rod steering linkage offers sharp cornering performance. This machine handles extremely well on straights and proves its worth with its excellent high-speed cornering ability. **Body shells and numerous Option Parts for M-03 chassis machines canbe loaded onto this machine easily.**
Old 05-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Specs

Full ball bearings.

Length: 299mm

Width: 165mm

Tread: 138mm.

Includes three chassis extension attachment allowing you to make either a short, middle, or long wheelbase chassis car.

(Wheelbases: 210mm, 225mm, & 239mm.)

A number of high precision parts such as aluminum rear uprights, aluminum ball connectors, setting spacer, three kinds of springs, high-torque servo saver, and aluminum servo horn are included.

CVA Super Mini Dampers (clear) and TRF short damper springs (soft, medium, hard 2pcs each, white) are included.

Motor and body are not included.

ESC, 2-channel R/C system, battery pack & charger are separately required.

A wide variety of Option Parts are available to further customize your machine.

Info from Tamiya USA
Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

I wonder what the difference between the alu. uprights and the M-03R uprights will be.. different toe in the rear? They still refer to the "lightweight" uprights, so it can't be very much change....
Old 05-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

I wonder what the difference between the alu. uprights and the M-03R uprights will be.. different toe in the rear? They still refer to the "lightweight" uprights, so it can't be very much change....
Maybe more toe options, maybe bigger bearing like the m03 kit or more camber??

Can't be a huge change in the parts but I'm sure most the susp parts are interchagable =]
Old 05-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fordmike65
I knew you were gonna comment! But can you blame
me?!?! That thing is beautiful!!!
I knew I was going to attack the post! Lol
Nope bro can't blame you one bit, IT IS a beautiful looking chassis and I bet its a beautiful handling FWD!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.