Tech Initiate

tadashi,

check these out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Racing-Ka...30158002r34086

or

http://www.rc-union.com

or

http://www.harmonymodel.com.hk

The last two from HK has every hop up part to date.

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lets bring this thread back from the dead... Anything to report on the kyosho Kart? Mods, performance tips, things of that nature? I just received mine last week. (Still in the box.) I placed a order with A Main Hobbies for all the Kyosho optional hop ups. AMH had the best prices on the kyosho parts. For the the pipe, I ordered a pipe from Engage RC. The pipe was almost half the cost of the Kyosho pipe. (Pipe is constructed out of aluminum, not plastic like material like the stock Kyosho pipe.)
Now for a few questions:
How is the radio and servos that comes with the Kart? Worth keeping or better off replacing? I've read where someone replaced a couple bushings with bearings. Not sure what bushing were changed out. Anybody know? If so, what are the bearing sizes?
Thanks.....
Old 04-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Hah!

Talk about Frankenstein.

I thought I was the only one this side of Mars to have one of these.

If you want upgrades, check this page out:

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=257141

As for bushings, you can live with it, but I changed all the bushings from the steering knuckle arms, steering post, throttle control shaft and the belt tensioner - but if you go the chain mod, you can remove this tensioner.

Other mods include rear and front foamies - you don't need to go the Kyosho OEM stuff - there's plenty from Tamiya and Dura Trax and a 2S 7.4V lipo rx pack with high voltage throttle and steering servos - if you decide to keep the stock servos, get a voltage regulator.

As for radio equipment, they're adequate, but have no expo so get a higher end. I am using the Spektrum DX3 with steering differential.

As for now, that's all I can think of apart from the already mentioned mods I made.

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Ah...forgot...

For the premature clutch engagement, better changing the composite shoes for alloy ones as they only last under 35 tanks and especially the soft springs to thicker ones.

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

eNitro,
I picked up all the Kyosho hop up's, but the Kyosho SP Carbon Fiber T-Bar Plate and the Kyosho Tuned pipe. For the pipe, like I stated above, I picked up the one from EngageRC for $43.75. I'll give it a try for that price. Quality looks very good. How are you doing with yours?
Old 06-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Initiate

I've my kart since 2009 summer, brought from Japan when visiting there. I found out tires worn out right away within the first 2 tanks. I put F103 foam on it and it turned out great, not much different with the Kyosho made foam. I broke the pulley on the same day as the tires cause by a stone stuck between the belt cover, then I cut open the cover a bit and it's fine now. I've just order a chain set to replace the belt drive today and hopefully say goodbye to the crap pulley.
Can someone kindly show me how to tune your engine cause mine not performing that stable and stall when I throttle?. Before It could run a little bit with temp. around 110*c but it tends to stall after I made it down to 90*c.

Last edited by masaosenshu; 07-03-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default did everyone gave up on this kart

I have factory direct supply for parts and upgrades, PM me thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am still looking for after market parts. I just found it in the garage after a year or two..
Old 06-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

I just took out my Birel Kart out of storage after a year or more. I replaced the belt and gear (after destroying the gear and drive belt a with another pebble). Sounds like the next time I should upgrade to the chain drive assembly.

My Issue >> After putting the belt assembly back together the kart will not advance when applying throttle. If I raise the rear and apply throttle the wheels accelerate fine. Does anybody know if this is a clutch issue and the best way to fix this? Thank you!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Checking the clutch system ought to be one of the first things after a long hibernation.

Although the clutch shoes are engaging the bell, they aren't providing enough traction - ie. it's giving the illusion that it's propelling the wheels when the rear is lifted, but not adequately when under load - ie. when all fours are in contact w/ the tarmac.

Remove the bell and see if the shoes are worn out and also check your spring tension.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Any kart brothers here can tell me is the kyosho birel kart have any option for after market OS size 18 engine etc? I am not sure if need any additional engine mount for it... Pls advise...
Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

eNitro, It turned out that I was missing a pin on the shaft. Must of slipped out during my (third) replacement of the belt and plastic gear. I have now upgraded to the belt assembly....so far, so good.

I still need to get some foamies though.

Originally Posted by eNitro
Checking the clutch system ought to be one of the first things after a long hibernation.

Although the clutch shoes are engaging the bell, they aren't providing enough traction - ie. it's giving the illusion that it's propelling the wheels when the rear is lifted, but not adequately when under load - ie. when all fours are in contact w/ the tarmac.

Remove the bell and see if the shoes are worn out and also check your spring tension.

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Bringing the thread back from the dead. Anybody replace their engine? If so, what did you go with??
Old 03-20-2015, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I haven't built mine yet. Bought it in 94 ? Still in the sealed box.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea, Mine is also still in the box on the shelf. Been boxed since 2010.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.