Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

All sold, Bye Bye schumacher

Last edited by Benzaah; 10-18-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

On top of purchasing the Mi4CX long top deck kit (U3903) what else would I need to fit this to my Mi4LP?

Thanks
Michael
Old 10-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
On top of purchasing the Mi4CX long top deck kit (U3903) what else would I need to fit this to my Mi4LP?

Thanks
Michael
Well, I just noticed AMain added them in the last couple days, and it's $15USD cheaper than ordering from the UK. So I placed an order before I could talk myself out of it.

So, I'll know hopefully by this weekend if it fits an LP on its own. I'll also know how much weight it adds.

-Mike
Old 10-19-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default Problem with steering

@all

I have problems with steering trim after hitting something.

Don't get me wrong, i'm an experienced driver, but sometimes you get hit or you touch something if you want to push hard. If this happens, the car pulls to one side and i have to trim new (maybe 3 steps/beeps) i hope you understand. If you have to trim during a main, your race is gone.

I have a CX with standard steering (not twin-point) and i use no servo saver. I have changed the whole steering yet and also the servo, still the same issues. Has anybody else experienced similar problems? Would the twin-point steering maybe help?

I never had this with other cars (T3, TC5)

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nutsisneat
@all

Don't get me wrong, i'm an experienced driver, but sometimes you get hit or you touch something if you want to push hard. If this happens, the car pulls to one side and i have to trim new (maybe 3 steps/beeps) i hope you understand. If you have to trim during a main, your race is gone.

I have a CX with standard steering (not twin-point) and i use no servo saver. I have changed the whole steering yet and also the servo, still the same issues. Has anybody else experienced similar problems? Would the twin-point steering maybe help?

Thanks in advance.
Try disconnecting the servo link and seeing if there is any binding in the steering assembly.

If it doesnt feel smooth, the neutral point in the servo will wander and hence thats why the car will not track straight.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Initiate

@all

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

1: The car is badly tweaked during the collision. (check the car for tweak after every run and make sure all screws etc are tight).
2: The plastic servo horn has slipped round on the splines of the servo. (servo saver advisable if your prone to accidents).
3: The servo itself is moving between the mounts. (alloy mounts cure this).
4: The servo is not great quality. (cheap servos are renouned for drifting around the neutral point).

Hope this helps.

Mark
Old 10-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MarkMcC
3: The servo itself is moving between the mounts. (alloy mounts cure this)
Shoo Goo or thin servo tape under the servo helps ensure this cure aswell.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
Shoo Goo or thin servo tape under the servo helps ensure this cure aswell.
I would say either use servo tape, goo or metal mounts but not both. Servo mounts, or servo lugs will move and flex in a bash, then spring back but with tape they wont. Like wise tape will flex about but the two together seem to shift and hold.

Biggest issues i've had with servo and straight line tracking constantly changing has been;
Tightness in the steering system, ball-joints, knuckle pins stiff ect.
Kit servo saver spring rubbing on servo. 0.5mm shim between saver and servo spline helps.
Plastic servo mounts. Please ditch these first chance you get as they are always the problem.
Servo too tight against the chassis. When mounting the servo on mounts always slide a bit of thin cardboard underneath, between the servo and chassis then tighten the mount. When you pull out the card you get a small gap that should stop chassis tweak caused by the servo pinching the chassis in a knock.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

@all

Thanks in advance.
besides what others mentioned--the steering hub might slightly bind to the castor and prevent it from correct neutral position, replace it and make sure you align the holes to top and lower castor before screwing it in--(see book)
Old 10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default nice alloy pulley

fyi i installed the new center alloy pulley (tried 3 plastic pulleys prior) last night-and i noticed its better aligned with my gear diff.....the rear belt doesnt wander to one side of the diff pulley's wall on wheel rotation
Old 10-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poochy
fyi i installed the new center alloy pulley (tried 3 plastic pulleys prior) last night-and i noticed its better aligned with my gear diff.....the rear belt doesnt wander to one side of the diff pulley's wall on wheel rotation
Thanks for the heads up. I just got my gear diff and was wondering if I 'needed' the alloy pulley as I'm only running 17.5 un-boosted ATM. So hard to resist alloy parts
Old 10-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
I would say either use servo tape, goo or metal mounts but not both. Servo mounts, or servo lugs will move and flex in a bash, then spring back but with tape they wont. Like wise tape will flex about but the two together seem to shift and hold.

Biggest issues i've had with servo and straight line tracking constantly changing has been;
Tightness in the steering system, ball-joints, knuckle pins stiff ect.
Kit servo saver spring rubbing on servo. 0.5mm shim between saver and servo spline helps.
Plastic servo mounts. Please ditch these first chance you get as they are always the problem.
Servo too tight against the chassis. When mounting the servo on mounts always slide a bit of thin cardboard underneath, between the servo and chassis then tighten the mount. When you pull out the card you get a small gap that should stop chassis tweak caused by the servo pinching the chassis in a knock.
I had never thought about why it was shifting. Thank you for pointing that out, I'll try the cardboard trick and if it's not for me go just tape.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

New section added to my website

Upgrades fitted to my Mi4cx

Including the New Long Top Deck

You can find it in the photos section

http://www.car69.me.uk/upgrades-fitted-to-my-mi4cx.html

If the link does not work goto www.car69.me.uk

HTH Someone out there
Old 10-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cuttingedge
New section added to my website

Upgrades fitted to my Mi4cx

Including the New Long Top Deck

You can find it in the photos section

http://www.car69.me.uk/upgrades-fitted-to-my-mi4cx.html

If the link does not work goto www.car69.me.uk

HTH Someone out there
I was wondering how the swaybars mounted with the long top deck. Looks like the holder is integrated, pretty slick! Does look like it could be a PITA getting to that lower screw, though. Maybe you can just take out the upper screw and go down through the hole? If not, I might finally have to get a 2mm ball-tip driver.

-Mike
Old 10-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SPUR GEARS

Will standard robinson racing machined type spur gears fit the MI4LP?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.