Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Thanks guys for all the help.

Benzaah: you not selling your CX now?

Last edited by LOSI123; 10-14-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys i know this is a schumacher thread so im sure every one loves the car here ....but the reason for my post is im looking for another touring car and i want something other then tamiya.......sooooo ive narrowed it down to the schumacher which looks sick and has a great rep......but xrays latest tourer is pretty sick and has a goood rep too and last is the tc6 just because it looks comparable and about 100 cheaper .....im just looking for opinions from guys who run the schumacher now but have experience with the other brands and could give me some honest imput.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have a mi4 and love the car. Love how well it's built and how easy it is to work on and the quality of it. Also the car works amazing.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Hey guys i know this is a schumacher thread so im sure every one loves the car here ....but the reason for my post is im looking for another touring car and i want something other then tamiya.......sooooo ive narrowed it down to the schumacher which looks sick and has a great rep......but xrays latest tourer is pretty sick and has a goood rep too and last is the tc6 just because it looks comparable and about 100 cheaper .....im just looking for opinions from guys who run the schumacher now but have experience with the other brands and could give me some honest imput.
The only modern TC I've owned is the two Mi4 LP's. It's definitely a good car. After two years, I'm starting to get within .5sec/lap of the fastest guys at my club. I have a thing for purple anodizing, and I like the diff mounts and motor clamp.

The 2nd biggest negative for me is that parts are expensive, but I don't break things as much as I used to. Once in a while I can't find a US vendor with something basic in stock. The biggest negative is that no-one drives them around here, so I don't have setup support.

If you're looking at used TC's, Mi4s and sometimes LP's can be had for $200 or even less, and at that price, they're really, really hard to beat. Not sure what prices are like on used T3'10 and T3'11.

If I were going to buy a new TC right now, though, I don't think I'd get another Schui. I'd get either an Xray or a TC6. That's what the really fast guys at my club drive, with seemingly more shift towards TC6 lately. The Xray parts are just as expensive, if not moreso, than the Schui parts. But the Xray is more durable, and my LHS stocks the basic wear parts. TC6 is cheaper, and it's a potentially less clean build, but all the parts are cheap and available locally, and it's fast.

But, I'm still doing quite well with the Schui, so I'm gonna stick with it.

-Mike
Old 10-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

The car is awsome.......I just wish my work schedule would allow me to race more often
Old 10-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Does anyone know the wheel hex pin dimensions, my mi4 spec r gear diff was missing the 1.5mm x 8mm pins that go under the gear.

Im hoping that the wheel hex pin on the mi4 is the same dimensions
Old 10-14-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

From a Noobs viewpoint:

I raced the Losi JRX-S Type R for my first 8 months back in the hobby. After buying an Mi4cx two months ago, I instantly improved my results by a large amount. The car just seems to be drivable even with drastic setup changes. Every meet, I try a new setup and it still is extremely easy to drive. Maintenance is a breeze, I wreaked an outdrive (see previous post) but aside from that I haven't broke anything. Heck I don't even have spares yet. Parts quality are top-notch & durable. If I'm not breaking anything than that is a good sign I doubt you will be disappointed with this car.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Does anyone know the wheel hex pin dimensions, my mi4 spec r gear diff was missing the 1.5mm x 8mm pins that go under the gear.

Im hoping that the wheel hex pin on the mi4 is the same dimensions
my calliper says 1.5mm x 10mm
Old 10-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

new mi4cx rear belts....(looks familiar?0

also, does anybody have a creative way to bullet proof their front axle/dogbones pins from coming loose (rears are shrinked wrapped, cant on the fronts)? is there an alternative for kwik clips-1/8" shims?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got rid of my 417 in favour of the Mi4CX. I love Tamiya's, but it didnt suit our conditions where I race. usally low to medium grip and cool climate. Schumacher was built in the UK, which is simular climates wise and they are a great low grip surface car. the 417 was not. my old 415MS & MSX loved the conditions here, but that was a different car, power/torque etcs tyre compound have changed since then etc.

the build quality is not quite on par with the Tamiya, but not too far off. design wise I'd say the Schuie eats it alive, and its quite tuff too.

you wont regret buying one.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

hear is a pics of the new topdeck for Mi4->
U3903

works very well!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Why are some people putting o-rings between the Trans-Link & screw?
Old 10-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

While I am waiting for my front mi4lp bulkheads to come in, can anyone tell me if a 25mm thick lipo will fit under the rear of the front bulkhead on a mi4lp?

as mine are bent and some one has also ground them down.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
What's the trick to get the outdrive 'sleeve' o-rings seated properly? I have been putting the o-ring on the outdrive and sliding the 'sleeve' up to it as far as it will go, than pushing the o-ring into place with a flat-headed screwdriver. It's hard to tell if they are seated properly though. Seating them in the 'sleeve' first proved impossible for me.

I love this car. I prepped it last night for this weekends race, took about 20mins It's so easy to work on this car. So far the only issue I've had is the circlip popping out of it's slot on my first run which damaged the slot. Probably my fault though but no worries my SpecR diff is going in this weekend. Aside from that I haven't had any issues or broken anything in five meets.

Hopefully Schumacher get back into Pan Cars
a little grease on the o ring and it just snaps in place, grease, not oil
Old 10-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've owned every model since the Mi3, the cx is without a doubt the best of the bunch, I have also owned 2011 Xray, don't let the you can't get parts for it scare you away from the shuie, mail order is there for you, Stomers, Amain, and direct from schmacher. Amain sometimes was more the stormers but they take paypal and give you more shipping options then stormers. Schmacher, it usually took less then a week to get stuff, order on Saturday have it on thursday.

I will tell you, if you plan on going to big races in the US, plan on sitting by yourself. no support whatever, unless another shuie driver shows up.

Mi4, edgey, quick, nimble
xray, rock solid, smooth, easy to drive.

both have been sold.

good luck with your pick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.