Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Old 05-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer X
Skypilot: I wish I was going to be there with you at the Reedy, but lack of preparation on my part is keeping me away this year. I may drive down on Saturday and watch you tear everyone else up. Ramping has just kept me from racing hardly at all since last years Reedy. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you...
looking forward to seeing you there, I asked if any other Schmacher guys would be there but no replies so I guess its just me (us) again. signed up for the non ramping class but may add the ramping with a second chassis I have. Probably have you be my Tech and car setter downer guy. Thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by grippgoat
They shipped today. I'll let you know when they get here.

-Mike
cool, I just ordered a couple myself along with some front CVD's everything else I should have spare. come on down to FW this sunday run a pack or two.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Do i require different length drive shafts to make the gear diff work in the front or rear of the CX? The xray requires 50mm over 52 and im wondering if the schuie is the same? Got them in my bag ready to order but just curious if i should order some short drive shafts? Also does anyone see any benefit of the alloy drive shafts over the steel ones? I have zero wear on my rear shafts in 4 months running but my fronts are getting a bit worn and i have stripped both grub screws trying to get them undone to rebuild? Any tips on getting the grub screws undone on the drive shafts? Is there some sort of factory loctite that is used as it is very frustrating to be honest...
Old 05-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Benzaah,

Have you tried heating the outdrives to see if that loosens the loctite? A soldering iron should work.

Later,

Calvin.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skypilot
looking forward to seeing you there, I asked if any other Schmacher guys would be there but no replies so I guess its just me (us) again. signed up for the non ramping class but may add the ramping with a second chassis I have. Probably have you be my Tech and car setter downer guy. Thanks
Skypilot,
i cANT MAKEE IT THIS YEAR EITHER. MY TWIN DAUGHTERS GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOL FRI NIGHT, AND WE ARE HAVING A GRAD PARTY FOR THEM ON SAT NIGHT. I CAN DRIVE DOWN THERE ON SUN THO. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BORROW MI MI4-CX for your other class?

(sorry for the caps), lol
rich
Old 05-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
cool, I just ordered a couple myself along with some front CVD's everything else I should have spare. come on down to FW this sunday run a pack or two.
I'll be in San Francisco with the wife this weekend, and teaching my sister-in-law to drive the weekend of the 21st. :/

-Mike
Old 05-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Use the force

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Do i require different length drive shafts to make the gear diff work in the front or rear of the CX? The xray requires 50mm over 52 and im wondering if the schuie is the same? Got them in my bag ready to order but just curious if i should order some short drive shafts? Also does anyone see any benefit of the alloy drive shafts over the steel ones? I have zero wear on my rear shafts in 4 months running but my fronts are getting a bit worn and i have stripped both grub screws trying to get them undone to rebuild? Any tips on getting the grub screws undone on the drive shafts? Is there some sort of factory loctite that is used as it is very frustrating to be honest...
Hi Ben

I will have our diff on Friday, as far as I know they use the same drive shafts as the standard diff.

Use a heat gun on the grub screws before you undo them, they come out easy then

Regards
Gary
Old 05-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
Skypilot,
i cANT MAKEE IT THIS YEAR EITHER. MY TWIN DAUGHTERS GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOL FRI NIGHT, AND WE ARE HAVING A GRAD PARTY FOR THEM ON SAT NIGHT. I CAN DRIVE DOWN THERE ON SUN THO. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BORROW MI MI4-CX for your other class?

(sorry for the caps), lol
rich
thanks for the offer but gonna pass. Friday nite grad party, umm, i might be late for Qual one
Old 05-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Smile Thank you

A big thankyou to GSM Storm for his help with setting up my CX

Goes oh so much better now!

You're a top bloke Gary...
Old 05-10-2011, 12:57 AM
CA
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GSM Storm
Hi Chris

Was the 70wt oil tested running mod class and other classes as well.

Regards
Gary
Yes mod and 10.5T class.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

skypilot,
will you be here on the sun before the reedy? i hope to race at the club race on sun. mayby see you then?
Rich
Old 05-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Springs

Sorry if this has been asked a lot before, but im now running an Mi4 (used to run Tamiya 416's)

What other brand of springs work well on the Mi4? I currently have the Schumacher touring car set, but im looking at Hara Black/Grey and HPI when i can find some in stock!

Cheers
T
Old 05-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone fitted the SpecR diff in an LP yet?
Will it fit the LP drive shafts?
Are different blades required?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getpip
Anyone fitted the SpecR diff in an LP yet?
Will it fit the LP drive shafts?
Are different blades required?
See my post on the previous page.

-Mike
Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

O
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
skypilot,
will you be here on the sun before the reedy? i hope to race at the club race on sun. mayby see you then?
Rich
Sat and Sun. prob not racing Sat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.