Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Old 05-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

I'm planning to buy a Mi4 LP.

What scares me are the fairly high prices for spares.
(I've had a TC5 in the past). Where can i get spares for reasonable prices?
Are there any asian shops supporting this nice car?

Thx
Old 05-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
Mike/Kenny. I'd be surprised if the base UK setup was far off - but i'll be fair, maybe if you guys race on temp car park tracks with zero traction, then maybe not. If you look at Chris's TITC setup, and his setup from the UK national last year (Mendip) then there isn't a huge amount in it - geometry is very similar, just shock differences. We went back to Mendip last weekend, and only changed springing to accommodate lower weight that we run now. Even on carpet (rubber tyre of course) geometry wise we don't change much - the odd 0.5mm here and there and that's about it. But hey, you guys know your tracks.

.....and as for Rear shocks - laying them down gives you more weight transfer (side to side) in the corner, and hence more rotation in the later part of the corner.

Double D - LTC-R has more steering.
Our outdoor track is super high bite so are our carpet tracks which from my understanding is both way higher than anything you see there.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

silly question, any difference in running the rear body mounts on the front as compared to the rear of the shock tower?
Old 05-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
silly question, any difference in running the rear body mounts on the front as compared to the rear of the shock tower?
I don't think that there is big difference, maybe better support for the shell when it's on the rear. But deffo mount in the rear helped me with mounting some shells - when I had it in the front, mounts ended in rear window.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW

.....and as for Rear shocks - laying them down gives you more weight transfer (side to side) in the corner, and hence more rotation in the later part of the corner.
I havn't thought of softer rear suspension in terms of more/less side to side transfer..... interesting.

The softer I make one end of the car, more traction is gained. I have been using droop and rear toe to adjust for rear rotation and spring weight for front/back transfer.

By chance, do you have any videos of your runs?
Old 05-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by The Bear
I havn't thought of softer rear suspension in terms of more/less side to side transfer..... interesting.

The softer I make one end of the car, more traction is gained. I have been using droop and rear toe to adjust for rear rotation and spring weight for front/back transfer.

By chance, do you have any videos of your runs?
Heres a video of a recent meeting at mendip, car number one is an mi4lp not sure which one was matts but its there somewhere.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks! Great video and wonderful looking track, congrats!

Curious as to the amount of drag break (if any), and 'light/moderate/heavy' use of push break?

Matts car is in there but unidentified? Sounds like Goetz's love life.

Cheers!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Setup

Hy Kenny

Can you show us the setup from Chris Grainger????? from MENDIP 2010?????

Thank you
Heri
Old 05-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ok here we go like I said those setups dont work over here. Nothing about what goes on over there maybe tire choice and track condition have some thing to do with it Everyone I have see try to run one of those setup here is struggling ,and with these one shim two shim tips they have blank stair after it doesn't work "whats wrong? whats happening?" My point is don't be afraid to make whole sale changes when you think something doesn't feel good. I'm only here to help the US guys which doesn't seem to be happening from any body over there
Old 05-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Is the same here, wich say Kenny, the track are cool, litle wet, and low grip conditions, in UK, but in general the tracks donīt have the grip you have in USA i test the kenny setups and work well, but the car is not fast, we need more mecanical grip here, the tyres normally are Sweep 32s or VTEC 30x, control tyres, depend of championships in EU.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The more a shock is laid down, the more PROGRESSIVE the spring becomes. Instead of being linear it acts softer at first but gets progressively stiffer, so laying a shock down (depending on how the rest of the car is set up) may give more rotation on exit because the spring is already compressed and is now acting stiffer. It should also provide more traction and less turn in on corner entry. Once again, this depends on how the rest of the car is set up...your results may vary.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...oh, and I still remember a long time ago seeing a British setup sheet saying it was for a wet, leaf covered track. Where I usually run, most people wont even put their car on the track until it has been blown off and sprayed with traction compound...preferably with no clouds and a temp of at least 70 (lol!)!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default KENNYS base set up

Hi Kenny..

I just getting back into touring cars. I running a mi4 not mi4lp and planing on running a tramac course this summer. My last set up I tried made the car so un planted and lost the rear end all the time. I going to try your base setup for tarmac posted a few pages back. I have a few quick questions.

What changes would you make if running the mi4 not the mi4lp?
Second I see you are using the alloy pivot blocks and not the stock blocks. What changes would you make for the stock suspension pivot blocks to the alloy?
Next why do you run the spool low and the diff high?

last question

You use the alloy blocks to run horizontal in the front and anti-squat in the rear. If running the stock pivot blocks what changes should I make?

Thanks..

Not to bother you if you have a Noobs base setup for Tarmac 13.5 rubber.. shoot it my way.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You don't need to change anything going from the mi4lp to mi4.

The plastic blocks front height is the same on his setup. The rear is as well, if you want to run antisquat you can replace the C/D blocks in the back with A/B and add a 1mm shim to get the same toe. If you don't have extra A/B blocks you can just run it stock. It will be more planted that way if that is your concern.

As for the diff high spool low. It is just what we always ended up at. We used to run them high/high, tried low/low, and almost immediately went back to high rear diff and left the front low. It's just a huge noticeable thing with the car going from a low diff to high diff.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:43 AM
CA
Tech Apprentice

Guys have a look at Chris Graingers set up from the TITC.

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Te...et_CG_TITC.pdf

90% of it will be the same as a normal UK set up like you see for the Mendip track in the video above, apart from changes to the shocks. (less rebound and thicker oil etc)

That would be a good starting point for USA tracks which have been sugar watered/treated as the traction was massive at the TITC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.