Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any pack should fit, had to take out the spacers between the holder and the deck to make mine snug (IP 5000 pack with bumps on the bottom)
Old 02-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Initiate

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default price?

I just wanted to make sure that I understand what has happened. The USA distributer is gone. And I can still order from the UK site. But the prices on the UK site are not even close to what they are here in the US. I just was on there picked an MI4 went to the check out and with tax and fees the price was 398 pounds or 615 dollars? I guess I am not ordering from the UK site.

Last edited by macdude; 02-24-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macdude
I just wanted to make sure that I understand what has happened. The USA distributer is gone. And I can still order from the UK site. But the prices on the UK site are not even close to what they are here in the US. I just was on there picked an MI4 went to the check out and with tax and fees the price was 398 pounds or 615 dollars? I guess I am not ordering from the UK site.
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=SCHK107

$449 in stock.

I should add, we should order from US hobby shops to keep them motivated to stock parts for the car.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We should also do a mass email campaign to them so that they know there is still a reason for them to stock the parts.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I just wanted to make sure that I understand what has happened. The USA distributer is gone. And I can still order from the UK site. But the prices on the UK site are not even close to what they are here in the US. I just was on there picked an MI4 went to the check out and with tax and fees theq price was 398 pounds or 615 dollars? I guess I am not ordering from the UK site.
So basically we are screwed if we don't want to order from Stormer. I have a feeling my mi4 and cat sx will be for sale soon. I'm sure glad I didn't pick up a second mi4lp. I guess I'll stick with kyosho for off-road but I'm not sure what will be my onroad chassis.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Im pretty sure the UK ordering deal isnt all set up yet.

Cars and parts will be the same cost as before. They wouldnt make the car 600 bucks
Old 02-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Wow, are you guys breaking that many parts for this to be a big issue... If you really think about it, how many orders of parts are you going to make? I've had my car for about 3 race weeks now and have only broken 1 roll center mount and bent 1 screw. ...and I hit things hard At the rate I'm going I'm probably not even going to use most of the stuff I stocked up on. My hobby shop ordered parts for me on Monday and said they will be here for the weekend I don't see where the problem is... Did I miss something...?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

NO, I generally don't break parts. However, I would like to hear a statement on USA pricing from Schumie. IF I have to pay the Euro amount: goodbye to my Mi4 and hello to a 416 (or something...dunno yet.) I really do like this car even though getting the diffs out is such a PITA.

When I race regularly, I do replace slightly worn parts as I like to keep the tolerances as close to new.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
I really do like this car even though getting the diffs out is such a PITA.
You what?

Its two screws man, pull the rear belt and its comes straight out? Its 4 screws in most other cars and then they still have to disconnect a turnbuckle to lift up the top bulkheads..
Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steveonamission
You what?

Its two screws man, pull the rear belt and its comes straight out? Its 4 screws in most other cars and then they still have to disconnect a turnbuckle to lift up the top bulkheads..
I belive he was talking about 416.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steveonamission
You what?

No still doesn't work. The Camber link plates are in the way, as well as the steering rack in the front.

I can get the rear out with quite a bit of wiggling, but getting it back in requires taking camber link out because its near impossible to wrangle the cvds back in with such little room to work in. I was actually able to work on my TC5 faster than this car.

Even so, I do like the car alot.

Any word on USA pricing yet? I will need to decide by next week.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
No still doesn't work. The Camber link plates are in the way, as well as the steering rack in the front.

I can get the rear out with quite a bit of wiggling, but getting it back in requires taking camber link out because its near impossible to wrangle the cvds back in with such little room to work in. I was actually able to work on my TC5 faster than this car.

Even so, I do like the car alot.

Any word on USA pricing yet? I will need to decide by next week.
I guess your not running any shims then under the camber link plates, as mine come in and out with ease, the front need slights rotation to free it from one of the driveshafts (Tir spool) then it comes straight out.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Wow, are you guys breaking that many parts for this to be a big issue... If you really think about it, how many orders of parts are you going to make? I've had my car for about 3 race weeks now and have only broken 1 roll center mount and bent 1 screw. ...and I hit things hard At the rate I'm going I'm probably not even going to use most of the stuff I stocked up on. My hobby shop ordered parts for me on Monday and said they will be here for the weekend I don't see where the problem is... Did I miss something...?
Make sure you let us know if you really receive them on time. Also if the price went up. I don't have an lhs that carries parts so generally oredered from Schumacher. I would like to continue that but we'll see. Right now I'm looking at either picking up an Xray or a top.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Direct Pricing

I just checked again today and if you select direct dealer then you will get no tax and no shipping charge on the screen. So the car would only be 298 pounds or 455 dollars. This is much better but still makes me wonder if the dealer price is 455 then what will it be at the hobby shops. I know it was going for 479 at most places the exception being stormer. So I guess there is hope that we will still be able to get it at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately I have gone to the Photon for this season. I was really looking forward to getting a Mi4 and I may still get one for asphalt . But the LHS in my town couldn't get one with all this going down. I am not convinced that the top car will be as good as the Mi4 but it seems to be doing well in most competitions and the guys that are running things here in the US are very helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.