Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo 2.4ghz system

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
If you get an updated system then you'd be ok, I think. They had trouble with Futaba 4PKs swamping them out in the begining. They chose not to make it public so you had to find out the hard way but they were very quick to say that they would fix it for free if you sent it in. I think it was lame the way they handled the problem but they problably didn't want to come out and say that Futaba ate their lunch. I think the problem is fixed now.
I think the way Robert at KO handled it was amazing.
KO was very upfront and quick to admit there was an issue. Then all you had to do was send in the module and Robert (basically within a day) sent you back a completely new one, no questions asked.
Compare that to the way Futaba has handled their 2.4 thermal shutdown issue. They STILL don't admit there's a problem.

As for the KO system, mine's been flawless, fast, smooth.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

how would i know if mine is an updated version..? any physical signs..?
Old 06-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jon123
I think the way Robert at KO handled it was amazing.
KO was very upfront and quick to admit there was an issue. Then all you had to do was send in the module and Robert (basically within a day) sent you back a completely new one, no questions asked.
Compare that to the way Futaba has handled their 2.4 thermal shutdown issue. They STILL don't admit there's a problem.

As for the KO system, mine's been flawless, fast, smooth.

Sorry, I can't agree with you on how they handled the 'issue'.
There was nothing on their web site or on this forum about it.
Yes they were quick to say they would fix it for free but NEVER quick to admit that there was a problem.
I found out the hard way, at a race, when my radio wouldn't work as I stepped onto the drivers stand for my main. Actually it was one of their sponsored drivers that told me that there was a problem.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Well I got my transmitter module and receiver back. Everything works great now. Syncs instantly and completely flawless. Total turn around time from leaving my place to getting it back was 4 days. Unbelievable!