Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I totally agree with everyone about reliability. Ive tried just about every buggy out there losi hot bodies ae etc all with in the last 3 years and i always keep coming back to the jammin. I just ordered the x2 conversion for my x1x. Does anybody know what kind of weight saving you get from the x1 to the x2? What are the major handling differences between the too.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I bought a hyper 8.5, love it. then got a jammin from kid down the street that I fixed up for my wife to drive.hate to admit it but that jammin handles a lot better then my 8.5. so I got conversion kit, bought parts here and there for it mostly ebay for cheap. It handles fantastic I am no pro driver. but the x2 will do everything well. and it feels lighter then my wife's x1cr jammin. now if I could get any type of money for my 8.5,I'd be doing okay.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigmatt
I bought a hyper 8.5, love it. then got a jammin from kid down the street that I fixed up for my wife to drive.hate to admit it but that jammin handles a lot better then my 8.5. so I got conversion kit, bought parts here and there for it mostly ebay for cheap. It handles fantastic I am no pro driver. but the x2 will do everything well. and it feels lighter then my wife's x1cr jammin. now if I could get any type of money for my 8.5,I'd be doing okay.
Yeah, I believe I'll be selling my D8 I've put so much time and energy into getting to this point, but... Gotta do what makes sense, and right now this is it. If anyone here has any friends or maybe wants a d8 themself... please check out my car and all of my extra stuff and make me an offer. Here's a link... Help me sell it so I can get a new x2!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-upgrades.html
Old 03-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NsideLine
Yeah, I believe I'll be selling my D8 I've put so much time and energy into getting to this point, but... Gotta do what makes sense, and right now this is it. If anyone here has any friends or maybe wants a d8 themself... please check out my car and all of my extra stuff and make me an offer. Here's a link... Help me sell it so I can get a new x2!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-upgrades.html
We'll miss yah Jason.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Rookie

I'v been runing jammin buggy and truggy for 3 years now haven't made the move to the x2 just yet.Im still runing the X1X stuff but I have put the lower gearing in both cars I just can't seem to bring myself to switch just yet cause these things are so dialed and responsive but I will when it's time for new cars.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Alan D.
We'll miss yah Jason.
Thx man, but I wont be going anywhere. Just pm me if you have any q's. I will still support the HB car and guys running it. I just have to do whats best for me. Has more to do with me and my situation, than with the car. Nothin set in stone yet. Just PM me when u get a chance...
Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The kit comes with crimefighters or bowties?
Old 03-30-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

the x2 kit comes with pro-line revolvers in M2 compound
Old 03-30-2009, 07:28 AM
JUD
Tech Master

That's right!! Sweet!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BIG RE
the x2 kit comes with pro-line revolvers in M2 compound
Yeah, too bad they're not the m3's but... That's cool. It's better for the average racer if they're just getting started and need them to last a bit longer. At least they're not junker rtr tires...

The car comes with all titanium hingepins and turnbuckles from lunsford too.. Very cool.

Last edited by NsideLine; 03-30-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team_Orange
I totally agree with everyone about reliability. Ive tried just about every buggy out there losi hot bodies ae etc all with in the last 3 years and i always keep coming back to the jammin. I just ordered the x2 conversion for my x1x. Does anybody know what kind of weight saving you get from the x1 to the x2? What are the major handling differences between the too.
Originally Posted by bigmatt
Anybody weighed the car in race trim, but with all original parts, and half a tank of fuel? I would just like to get an idea of where it stands in comparison to other cars. I've heard it's on the lighter side, but would like a number if anyone has one...
Old 03-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NsideLine
Anybody weighed the car in race trim, but with all original parts, and half a tank of fuel? I would just like to get an idea of where it stands in comparison to other cars. I've heard it's on the lighter side, but would like a number if anyone has one...

I weighed my X1cr a while back and it was right at 8lbs. Don't think I had any fuel in it, and probably an old set of Pro Line Bowties. Weighed my X2 right after I converted it, also had purchased the other lightened parts that don't come in the conversion kit, and it came in at 7.4lbs. Big difference. I didn't use any aluminum screws/nuts either. Brand new set of AKA Crossbraces on it then.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'll weigh my friends tomorrow. Off the top of my head, figure 3/4 oz weight savings for carbon towers, maybe 1/2 ounce savings on center drive shafts, and then 1/2 ounce lighter chasis then it depends on what center diff you were running, ti turnbuckles.....etc You can get a guestimate going
Old 03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

How do you guys feel about the handling characteristics vs. the other brands? Would you say there is a distinct advantage in the air, in the turns, etc...? I have seen Chad's car take some serious blows and never miss a beat, so I know the car's a survivor in any case. Prob. one of the most durable if not the most durable car on the market right now, and pretty damn cool if ya ask me. I'd love to try one out if anyone is gonna be out at Rev or TA anytime this week... I'm excited about getting a little wheel time on the track if possible.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

yeah i also want this buggy looks dialed comes with all the hop ups to bad i have to wait for SSI check to come in the mail man i hate waiting every month for my money amain has one in stock last one for 599 theres a few on ebay i think they where 580 OBO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.