Search

US INDOOR CHAMPS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team CRC
Damn Mike,

You that old already? !!!! Thanks for giving us another year to age gracefully.
Yes frank i am that old. Just figured out that i have made the mod 12th scale a-main for 20yrs straight WOW.

l8r

mike
Old 12-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
BTW. Here is my idea for onroad racing in general.

Limit the classes to spec 17.5 and mod and one amateur class(no sponsors or stickers) for beginners with a 21.5 motor.

Get IIC, Snowbirds and Cleveland promoters to talk to one another and make it a series like the old days. Have them all promote each others race and finally have all the same classes. Make the races mean something like they did in the past. Could you imagine if all three were to support one another 100% . I bet it would not be hard to make all of these races full again . They could pitch to sponsors all three events and then a points championship at the end. The sponsors could get more bang for there buck by sponsoring all three events. also would be cool to see each of them at each others races promoting and making are hobby and sport more exciting. Now how can we make this happen ? Scotty, Boylan and MR Bill are you listening

Just my opinion.

Mike
I think those are excellent ideas!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

wow, now this is fun. eli and frank vs the world. lol.

mike - great ideas, a great place to start. the on road world needs some sort of national rule set, kinda like they are trying to do in oval.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There is already a national rule set, it may need to be tweaked, but it is there. If the 'big' race promoters don't want to conform to the rule set that has been put in place, you got what we have right now.

Since these races all foster(ed) competition from other countries, perhaps they should look to the sanctioning rules from the highest known level (IFMAR) to keep the rules that would be used around the world.

I do think that Mike is onto something, though. Kudos.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

I'd say the NEGS rules are a great place to start. Spec tires for stock, keep the heavily sponsored 'pros' out of stock classes and run 10.5 instead of full blown mod (which few seem to want to run anyway). This way everyone knows what the classes and rules are for every major race of the entire indoor season. (well, except the nats, ROAR has their own odd ideas )
Old 12-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
I'd say the NEGS rules are a great place to start. Spec tires for stock, keep the heavily sponsored 'pros' out of stock classes and run 10.5 instead of full blown mod (which few seem to want to run anyway). This way everyone knows what the classes and rules are for every major race of the entire indoor season. (well, except the nats, ROAR has their own odd ideas )
I do not think making mod 10.5 is the answer. Then we will be in the same situation as speed controls are right now. motor of the week. Were if you run open mod if 10.5 is your speed then great and if 2.5 is my speed then great that is why it is called open mod. also if manufacturer A's motor is faster in 10.5 form all i have to do is run a 9.5 or vice versa to equal out. Plus it is supposed to be a pinnacle not another spec class. Mod is run what you want.

My opinion of course.

Mike.

Maybe we should start a different thread to discuss this rather then spraying stuff not on topic of this thread.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Euro Touring Series (ETS) is a race series with the same rule set, all around europe, with the same sponsors, and spec motors for stock racing an open mod with lipo.

Very success full, you can follow the racing on http://www.redrc.net
And Scotty now about the racing, as he's a promotor for it....
Old 12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Limit the classes to spec 17.5 and mod and one amateur class(no sponsors or stickers) for beginners with a 21.5 motor.

Get IIC, Snowbirds and Cleveland promoters to talk to one another and make it a series like the old days. Have them all promote each others race and finally have all the same classes. Make the races mean something like they did in the past. Could you imagine if all three were to support one another 100% . I bet it would not be hard to make all of these races full again . They could pitch to sponsors all three events and then a points championship at the end. The sponsors could get more bang for there buck by sponsoring all three events. also would be cool to see each of them at each others races promoting and making are hobby and sport more exciting. Now how can we make this happen ? Scotty, Boylan and MR Bill are you listening

Just my opinion.

Mike

This sounds like a great idea...Sounds like Mike is offering to organize a mob type family meet to discuss how to pull everyone together.

All kidding aside I personally think it is going to take people like Mike, Rick, Frank, Bruce, Josh, Ralph, and others to help get on-road racing back on track. Maybe, it is a pipe dream but this sounds like a move in the right direction.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It is a great idea, but all of these races are business ventures of the individual promoters. Would they give up some of that autonomy to do something like this? Each race has some unique rules or classes that may not fly with the other races. Who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong and jump on board.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by robk
It is a great idea, but all of these races are business ventures of the individual promoters. Would they give up some of that autonomy to do something like this? Each race has some unique rules or classes that may not fly with the other races. Who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong and jump on board.
Rob,

I agree 100% . but if something does not happen then there will not be any business for them in the future. why not take a little cut and make racing more popular and have there race fill up , which might be a win win for everyone. who knows this is just my opinion and i want to see the best racing possible and get that feeling back like the old days.

Mike
Old 12-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Just my opinion.

Mike
Great idea Mike. Seems similar to what they do at the ETS races. Sportsman class, intermediate and modified pro. Would be a very good thing to see happen and be uniform to all the big races.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Mike,

I'm taking it you were referring to what used to be known as the "Triple Crown" in one of your first posts?

Thanks,
John

Last edited by John Warner; 12-02-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by miller tyme
If masters stays it should be something other than 17.5. Thin the classes 12th stock and mod then masters could be either 13.5 or 10.5
Maybe even bring the age limit back where it once was. To me, 35 is to young to be considered "Masters". At one time I believe it was either 40, or 45.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i want to see the best racing possible and get that feeling back like the old days.

Mike
+1
Old 12-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

hey blackstock...

FYI - frank started running masters at 36 and had a 5 year string of W's until Eli knocked him off with his own string of 4 i believe.

You should definitely give them ole boys a run next year if you're up to it but don't expect to start your own string right away. those guys still got plenty of fight left in their wheel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.