Wiki Posts
Search

slayer carnage.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default slayer carnage.

Well, I picked up a slayer yesterday and broke it in today. I ended the day with a broken front bumper, both steering knuckles broken and a broken body...lol.... Does anybody know if the steering can be slowed down. Are the better parts than stock to put back on it? Does anybody have any exprience with these, maybe I should hae picked a slower truck for since this is my first one...LOL
Old 03-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

RPM makes parts for that truck.
Those parts are pretty much indestructible.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Those trucks are pretty durable once you get your driving down. Just take it easy on the throttle and don't grab a hand full when you're turning (specially on pavement, the truck will grip and flip on it's side). Replace the a-arms with some rpm's if you can and you won't have to worry about that part anymore, and then just work on the driving
Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cassidy
Well, I picked up a slayer yesterday and broke it in today. I ended the day with a broken front bumper, both steering knuckles broken and a broken body...lol.... Does anybody know if the steering can be slowed down. Are the better parts than stock to put back on it? Does anybody have any exprience with these, maybe I should hae picked a slower truck for since this is my first one...LOL
When you say broken in you were not joking they are really durable what did you hit a parked car or curb. Next time make sure you are in an area where nothing is till you get the driving down. Or find a padded room to drive in, Good Luck
Old 03-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How much can I expect to pay for rpm steering knuckles? Where is the best place to buy factory wheels? Can the old tires be reglued to a new wheel?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

only things i see breaking on this truck are the front and rear toe connectors. Those babies break like twigs.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

where the hell where you driving at
Ive fliped my truck end over end numerous time some times cartwheeling 6 times or more into the air and ive never had a problem with that bumper or the knuckles.

mine came with the steel ringed knuckles did yours ?
secondly rpm don't make jack specifically for the slayer only the parts that fit the 2.5 revo that are the same on the slayer like the skidplates bulkeheads ect fit

My advice find yourself a nice big dirt pit or a baseball field with no infield grass then you will have fun try driving on the street and you be pulling you hair out.
Slayer and asphalt are like fire and water they just dont mix no matter how hard you try and it also hates high speed turns