Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB S7---Turbo Head vs. Standard Head

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I would save your money and start thinking of your next motor or get another s7. I have no desire to change mine at all. I did have a buddy that striped his plug hole out, but he bought a c6 instead of investing in the head. I don't tune well enough to realize the gain of turbo head.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Turbo

The turbo heads seal better than standard. The chamber also has a better shape and these 2 things give you better performance. When you get better performance you don't have to give it as much throttle to get up to the same speed so you get better run time. They are however a little harder to tune on the needles.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks for all the info!!

Believe it or not I bid on a brand new Turbo head button on Ebay and really did not think I would win it and got it for 20$. Now that im not going to run a tubo head because of the cost I think I will just sell to get my money back or i will put it back on ebay.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

***UPDATE***

Just want to let some of you know that posted to this thread. I tore down my RB S7 to replace the bearings with TKO ceramic bearings since the front one was leaking. Well when I pulled the cooling head off and removed the head button they were in 2 pieces not one piece like someone stated. And the turbo head button that I had got off of ebay matched and looked like the standard head button, it fit inside the cooling head and it fit just fine on the engine block and sleave, and bolted up fine. So I did pull the glow plug out of the new turbo head button just to make sure it was a turbo head and it was, but I can not tell a big diffrence in the looks between the two head buttons on the combustion side. I have some pics i will post later....
Old 04-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

If anyone wants to know that is it worth doing ceramic bearings and going to a turbo head button, i believe this motor can hang with any OS speed's this motor now has crazy power and I really noticed the temps go way down with the ceramic bearings, I could not get over 180 but it was a little rich on both ends but I know have it screaming to and bottom and temps at 215!!!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

hi i have a hyper 12 8 port the button is with the head i want to know if it is a turbo head or a standard head please help i have been running std plugs in it so i need to know if it is a turbo head
Old 07-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitro mad
hi i have a hyper 12 8 port the button is with the head i want to know if it is a turbo head or a standard head please help i have been running std plugs in it so i need to know if it is a turbo head
look at yr button head from the top, std head is flat and turbo head is tapered.
else just bring it to yr lhs for them to check for you.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

i meant to say hyper 21 8 port
Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

If you are running standard plugs then it's not a turbo head cause standard plugs will not fit a turbo head(unless you really screw it up)

I put a turbo head on my WS7II and love it, more power and a little more run time!!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Turbo heads are the best - get them on what ever eninge you get- always have to change standard plugs, and turbo are easier to tune
Old 07-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

like token said reg plugs are a pain. turbos are a little more difficult to tune but will have better power&runtime. i have got to the 2+gallon mark sometimes with turbo plugs and changed just because 2 gallons is a lot. with regular plugs only few times could get to a gallon