T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car >

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
I can't wait till the summer starts. I have 1 race indoor to go but I want to race on tarmac again.

I'm now testing some motors.
I want a Nemesis and A Tekin motor. The Tekin motor looks good in the TOP.
How is the medium rubber top plate doing?
I have a rubber kit and I'm thinking of the rubber medium top plate for a bit more stiffness.
I found a lot of steer in the last race and I hope I will have it also on the Tarmac. I'm going to drive with a similar setup and the Solaris tires.
I will try the medium and the hard tires.
The hard for the warm wetter and the medium for the cold days.
To be honest with you I never ran the stock rubber car. When I built mine I built it with the 2.0 chassis and medium deck. It was very good but I had a issue with developing too much traction. Now I have the foam chassis on the car and the foam top deck and its much fast thru the entire corner and super consistent.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I ran Ron's car in 17.5 this week for fun and with his car straight from the track at the Birds I put .3 on the next fastest car for hot lap and I did a few of them. And I never practiced with it ran one qual and the main.

Our birds setup works good on med bite carpet for sure. My 13.5 car was good too this week. If you dont have a ton of cars running on your track I would try the setup.

We just changed our layout so bite was med at the end of the day.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 02-15-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default One peice Photon Spur gear By TFracing

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
These pictures are of prototypes, it would be useful if you could PM me on relevant sizes you use, 48dp and 64dp
New one piece spur gear from Tfracing in the UK, this spur gear saves the need of the 2 halves and the little screws, this way you pop the shaft in and the bearings and drop it in ,very easy and quick to use and saves time.
Its made from light weight Delrin, we also have a front spool made of the same product. can be made in 64dp or 48dp it does come with the belt guides see posting below
Any interested parties send me a PM.

Last edited by tfracing; 02-16-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tfracing Delrin Front Spool

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
This the other new product from Tfracing in the UK, made of light weight delrin, these are not molded they are machined up for exact fit. fitted with alloy clips on the end to stop expanding they sit in a cut slot for perfect fit any interested parties email me a PM.

Last edited by tfracing; 02-16-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

The spur gear is definitely interesting but I don't see a lip on the side of the pulley gear. Have you had any issues with the belt sliding off the side and wedging between the bulkhead?
Old 02-16-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
The spur gear is definitely interesting but I don't see a lip on the side of the pulley gear. Have you had any issues with the belt sliding off the side and wedging between the bulkhead?
imo, i think the belt will slide off from the pulley if running too loose....
Old 02-16-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Initiate

There are belt guides just like the kit ones, but I left them off to show the gears better they are included. its a difficult product to take a picture of to get everything you are trying to show.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfracing
There are belt guides just like the kit ones, but I left them off to show the gears better they are included. its a difficult product to take a picture of to get everything you are trying to show.
Thanks for the info. Very interesting product. What 64 pitch tooth count are you offering them in?
Old 02-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tfracing
This the other new product from Tfracing in the UK, made of light weight delrin, these are not molded they are machined up for exact fit. fitted with alloy clips on the end to stop expanding they sit in a cut slot for perfect fit any interested parties email me a PM.
I sent U a PM!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gitsum
To be honest with you I never ran the stock rubber car. When I built mine I built it with the 2.0 chassis and medium deck. It was very good but I had a issue with developing too much traction. Now I have the foam chassis on the car and the foam top deck and its much fast thru the entire corner and super consistent.
You use the foam chassis and top plate also on tarmac?
Last year I drove 1 race with a club member his Photon and the car field good. It was stable and my lap times were good and consistent.
I was looking for a bit more steer but I found it now for indoor and I now now how to get it for on the Tarmac.
Will the foam chassis and top plate not make the car to stiff or do you use the rubber small top plates?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default Snowbirds

Just letting everyone know Jason Schreffler's Snowbrids Race Report is up on the TOP Racing USA site. www.topracingusa.com
Old 02-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
You use the foam chassis and top plate also on tarmac?
Last year I drove 1 race with a club member his Photon and the car field good. It was stable and my lap times were good and consistent.
I was looking for a bit more steer but I found it now for indoor and I now now how to get it for on the Tarmac.
Will the foam chassis and top plate not make the car to stiff or do you use the rubber small top plates?

Mikky sorry I read your post wrong that is for carpet. Our asphalt season hasn't started yet so I have yet to play around with anything. I do think I will go back to the 2.0 chassis to start and go from there. I will let you know when we start running outside again.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Mikky sorry I read your post wrong that is for carpet. Our asphalt season hasn't started yet so I have yet to play around with anything. I do think I will go back to the 2.0 chassis to start and go from there. I will let you know when we start running outside again.
ok thanks.
Last year the few days I drove on tarmac the car field very good.
I wanted a bit more stiffness that's why I was thinking of the rubber medium top plate.
I'm also thinking about the medium little plates.
I start first with this and than see what I do.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Make a one piece bellcrank and ill buy one.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

I found this on the website.

http://www.topracingusa.com/driver_profile.htm

Last edited by Mini-Mod; 02-16-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.