Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama or KinetiX!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just to add also, im sure this could have been answered if people searched before they ran to post a new topic. My post was directed at the point of the post, but the repeditiveness of the topic wasnt needed and I can agree to that.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:10 PM
R/C Tech Founder

JR V: Not sure what you meant by that, I wasn't really involved in this discussion.

Randman: At the risk of playing devil's advocate, the problem as I see it is that you are quite a vocal supporter of Fukuyama packs, so posting what you did, regardless of the facts, is going to come off as a biased opinion to the casual observer.

Regarding the cells: There is a lot of variance in cell matching, pack building, soldering, charging, and so on. Taking one matchers cells, building them into a pack, running it, taking them apart and then re-matching them is not usually going to produce a consistent result. Once you hit a cell with solder, or charge it a bit differently than it was matched at, you are altering its characteristics, and that may show up on the matcher.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
JR V: Not sure what you meant by that, I wasn't really involved in this discussion.

Randman: At the risk of playing devil's advocate, the problem as I see it is that you are quite a vocal supporter of Fukuyama packs, so posting what you did, regardless of the facts, is going to come off as a biased opinion to the casual observer.

Regarding the cells: There is a lot of variance in cell matching, pack building, soldering, charging, and so on. Taking one matchers cells, building them into a pack, running it, taking them apart and then re-matching them is not usually going to produce a consistent result. Once you hit a cell with solder, or charge it a bit differently than it was matched at, you are altering its characteristics, and that may show up on the matcher.
Actually for those who remember, when I ordered the KinetiX packs, I was very happy with the customer service, and I dont have a gripe about it as of now. Fukuyama sits in my signature right now, but it is right where KinetiX used to be. Ron gave me awesome service, and because of that, I promoted his packs just like I promote Fukuyama's packs right now, I even know of 2 people that ordered them because of me. I know a lot of people value my opinions, I get hundreds of PM's every week with people asking questions and advice, so I know what I say is heard. I'm not thrashing KinetiX, I am just stating facts.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm one of the guys that ordered packs from Kinetix because Randy liked them. They were great packs and I did have a probelm with one pack (long story) and called Ron and got the answer. He gave good service. They were good packs. When it was time to buy some new batteries, I'd heard of Fukuyama and again, Randy mentioned he'd met Dan and had switched over to them so I thought I'd give them a try. I did and was very impressed with everything about them. I don't think Kinetix is bad at all. Like I said in an earlier post, I think it comes down to who you feel comfortable dealing with. From the first time I talked to Dan on this Forum, I liked him and felt comfortable dealing with him so I run his batteries and support him. That's all it comes down to.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by Randman
I know a lot of people value my opinions, I get hundreds of PM's every week with people asking questions and advice, so I know what I say is heard.
You missed my point completely. Whether or not you are helpful or popular is not the issue. As a vocal supporter of one company, your "facts" about another company are going to come off as skewed to people who aren't familiar with the situation.

Originally posted by Randman
I'm not thrashing KinetiX, I am just stating facts.
Your exact words were "But did you guys read my post about the KinetiX cells that I recieved? That's far from honest..." This was in response to someone else lauding the "other" product that you no longer run.

So that is, in fact, thrashing KinetiX, and it is based on your interpretation of facts -- more commonly known as opinion. I am not saying you are lying or are wrong or anything else, I am simply supporting my original comment that to the casual observer, it looks like you are taking unwarranted shots at a competitor.

If you truly felt wronged by KinetiX, the proper recourse would have been to go to them and ask what's up -- as Ron suggested -- rather than taking shots at them in a public forum.

Case (and thread) closed. These kind of X vs. Y threads are a breeding ground for problems.

edit: I'd also like to add that I don't mean to pick on Randman here, it is more of a general comment on how I think/wish people would treat certain topics in the forum. This particular one is, to say the least, a sticky situation. I hope everybody understands. Thanks!

Last edited by futureal; 11-25-2003 at 12:07 AM.