Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New shock absorber coming from the US. >

New shock absorber coming from the US.

New shock absorber coming from the US.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
Wouldn't call it scared. You know what makes humans unique to the rest of the species on earth? The ability to "reason".

Not to mention that track is tough on my poor Moooo-gun. Oh, and if they put a 100 foot jump you know I will try to make it The gas tank actually broke in warmup on that triple even though I was back siding it!
Nah, nothing is broken... I just squirted a bunch of fuel around when I pretended to fill it. Now where's that $100 I was promised to make sure he didn't finish?

Actually I don't know when you broke it... I'm pretty sure you were full when I started you for warmup, (I always check!) and it took a LOT to fill you before the start... 3/4 tank? Then the car died before the start, and you NEVER have flameout issues... AND I had to prime it to start it! It may have broken at the end of the last race and it just wasn't evident, and got progressively worse. Not sure.

Have you looked it over yet? Something certainly isn't right there...
Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Now thats an Offer.

they are 80$ a pair....and no they wont fit a rustler.
sorry that was meant to be sarcasm. he gets everyone wound up about the super shocks and keeps dangling the karret in are noses
Old 03-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GNS Racing 86
sorry that was meant to be sarcasm. he gets everyone wound up about the super shocks and keeps dangling the karret in are noses
i think it's must of us that keep talking about these shocks. Tex has for the most part, been quite. now off to the track to go play with the "carrot" shocks.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Better reserve me a set of these when you get them in at the shop Tex, I need a set for the flashlight!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Initiate

is there any idea on price and when they will be released?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Is there any more news on this project?? Pictures was said to be relesed before Silverstate race??
Old 04-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like Silver Sate would have been the perfect track to show them to the world. Did anyone run them there?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by SCIDA
Sounds like Silver Sate would have been the perfect track to show them to the world. Did anyone run them there?
I'm not positive... but PROBABLY some guys were running proto shocks... primarily the Xray/RCAmerica guys (Rocco Margiotta, Jason Branham, Hunter Kinsey if he was there...)
Old 04-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New Shocks

Hunter didnt go to Silver state but we were in Austin for the Austin VS San Antinio race and the track was comparible to the conditions at Silver State.
Blown out and rough.
Jason and Hunter finished 1st and 2nd in the A main, both where running the prototypes.

The only change we made from the Texas RC pro race at Indy (indoor track) to Austin is went from 30wt in rear to 27.5wt, same piston and springs.

The platform this are based on only requires small changes.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tex1
Ron,
We could get some worked up for your 6. I need to get more involved with that car. It looks very nice. It does make a difference not having to spring for the jumps and landings. Talk to me tomorrow at the track and I'll take a look to see if something can be worked out.
I have pre-production components arriving in the next two weeks. This will allow me to post some pics and everyone can see what has been going on.
Good run.
TEX
well you have pics of the mystery shocks yet ithink i read in here somewhere would have pics up before silver state that didnt happen just wondering when they will be up or when the shocks will be available.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

well they say no news is good news...but is it?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastboy
well they say no news is good news...but is it?
Patience, Grasshopper!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i dont think these shocks exist. there like my girlfreind all talk and no action

its a myth people
Old 04-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GNS Racing 86
i dont think these shocks exist. there like my girlfreind all talk and no action

its a myth people
I've seen them, and seen the functional parts. But then I might be a figment of your imagination too. And the Xray boys win on skill alone... they don't have any special shocks. You should probably just disregard this thread...
Old 04-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

i am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.