Wiki Posts
Search

New shock absorber coming from the US.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revooooooo
They look good. I can't wait till they hit the streets. Please tell me someone will ship to Japan for me.
I think we're all excited to try them. I can't wait until they get to Canada too.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Really cool...

what a great idea Tex, get er done....
Old 11-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)

can't wait till there done & avalible sounds like a great shock. keep us updated & Tex Thanks for your hard work on them.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm glad that these puppies are still in the pipeline, and they look rather promising... Though I'm sure there are still some undisclosed features. Let's hope they're available before the 2010 season gets going.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by captain america
I'm glad that these puppies are still in the pipeline, and they look rather promising... Though I'm sure there are still some undisclosed features. Let's hope they're available before the 2010 season gets going.

+1

..I'd love to get them for the 2010 season, but either way, they'll be well worth waiting for
Old 11-24-2009, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It was funny when Tex showed them to me oh... 6 months ago. He handed me all the parts (for prototypes) and I didn't "get it." I was thinking "wtf are the little metal things for?" (not realizing they were magnets...) until he showed me.

These shocks are freakin' brilliant... and you can see a HUGE difference on the track. It allows you to run a much softer spring/shock combination without bottoming out in rough sections or "chassis slap" over big jumps. You can tell the difference watching how well the suspension "works" over rough sections without upsetting the car.

I'm definitely getting a set! I like to run a very soft setup anyway- this should help me a lot.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by captain america
I agree there has to be more to the shock than magnets that assist in bottoming out. If they let you run a softer spring/oil combo of course it will go through the rough stuff faster, and of course the magnets will help from bottoming out. But this will be at the expense of chassis roll and corner speed. I wonder how the shocks will compensate for that, there has to be some sort different valving or something. Time will tell.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

You actually don't lose any of the corner speed or roll. The magnets aren't super strength magnets that don't let the shock do its work. These just help keep all 4 tires on the ground no matter what.

Watching them go thru ruts and bumps is amazing. The chassis stays level and consistant while you can literally see the shocks compressing and rebounding so fast keeping the tire down and allowing you to keep as much traction as possible.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RJNicholson
You actually don't lose any of the corner speed or roll. The magnets aren't super strength magnets that don't let the shock do its work. These just help keep all 4 tires on the ground no matter what.

Watching them go thru ruts and bumps is amazing. The chassis stays level and consistant while you can literally see the shocks compressing and rebounding so fast keeping the tire down and allowing you to keep as much traction as possible.
I agree, I wasn't saying the shocks don't work, they very well might keep the same corner speed. I was saying there must more to the shocks other than magnets. There must be some special valving/pistons or something else to complement them. If they were magnets alone, I would have reservations on whether this would work as advertised.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razo125
I agree, I wasn't saying the shocks don't work, they very well might keep the same corner speed. I was saying there must more to the shocks other than magnets. There must be some special valving/pistons or something else to complement them. If they were magnets alone, I would have reservations on whether this would work as advertised.
I agree.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

20 pages on these things!!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by razo125
I agree there has to be more to the shock than magnets that assist in bottoming out. If they let you run a softer spring/oil combo of course it will go through the rough stuff faster, and of course the magnets will help from bottoming out. But this will be at the expense of chassis roll and corner speed. I wonder how the shocks will compensate for that, there has to be some sort different valving or something. Time will tell.
At the start of this thread, it was stated that ---

Independantly controlled compression dampening.
Independantly controlled rebound dampening.
Adjustable air pack.

I can visualize different strengths of magnets above and below the piston. Combine this with adjustable air pack and the shocks should be pretty adjustable.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 AM
noR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Neat theory. Wish I could see them in action.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default WHEN?!?!?!?

When are we going to be able to buy these shocks?????
Old 12-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Christmas here and gone. No Magno shocks. Bummer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.