Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm getting a late start, but I am leaving here in 5 to 7 minutes. See ya soon.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Regrettably, I had car trouble on my way. Car overheated, and shut down. I was stranded for a bit. I'm home now and car is getting worked on. I apologize to everyone that I told I would be there.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default THANK-YOU EVERYONE

To all we wish to express out Thanks for the food made and donated, to the men whom came out from New York, Altoona, Jersey, And Everywhere else, thanks All.... Hope everyone had a good day of racing and we hope to see you all again....

Thanks so much

Allen and Terri

Working on getting the Drivers stand extended and planning a CASH/Prize Race...
Will keep everyone informed.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robwike
Regrettably, I had car trouble on my way. Car overheated, and shut down. I was stranded for a bit. I'm home now and car is getting worked on. I apologize to everyone that I told I would be there.
Let me guess, radiator fan not working and waterpump?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE
Let me guess, radiator fan not working and waterpump?
Actually, coming back from practice last night, the temp gauge went up. Figured it was that nasty hill coming from Saxton. I was smart enough this AM to put water bottles in the car in case. So I got late start and made it to the Milesburg exit, where it turns into I-80. Steam was coming from under hood and temp gauge was sky high. Figured it was best to turn around. Limped back to Altoona and had a buddy go over the car. Previous owner had a radiator mix of 80% straight water. Buddy did also figure out the thermostat was not in the best of shape either. Really stinks too, I was looking forward to seeing Drum's, meeting Allen and Terri, and everyone else involved.

My apologies again.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

WTF?! 80% water?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nttrackpa
To all we wish to express out Thanks for the food made and donated, to the men whom came out from New York, Altoona, Jersey, And Everywhere else, thanks All.... Hope everyone had a good day of racing and we hope to see you all again....

Thanks so much

Allen and Terri

Working on getting the Drivers stand extended and planning a CASH/Prize Race...
Will keep everyone informed.
It is good to hear Altoona was represented today though.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE
WTF?! 80% water?
Hillbilly owner/mechanic + BMW 740il = 80% water in radiator
Old 06-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Man, what a day! The food was insane The track was sooo good!! A big thanks to the multi faceted Anthony Mazzara(sp?) who always had a leaf blower or hose in his hand all the while dominating buggy. The surface stayed tight all day!!! Awesome to have all the NY guys there. Had a great time!! Hopefully tonight inched the track closer to some more lighting!!
Old 06-20-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Had a great time yesterday. I highly recommend this track. The track is sweet, the drivers stand is handicap accessible, lots of room for setting up pits, the other racers are ready to help, the hobby shop is well stocked, the bathrooms are super clean, and best of all...the people running the track are amazing.

If you are looking for a track to bring the family to, check out this place. Bring the kids, bring the wife, you will have a good time. You can even set up a tent and spend the night. I will be back for sure and next time I will have the wife with me also.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

as always had a great time yesterday. track prep was awesome thanks to anthony mazzarra for helping us keep the track in great shape for the mains. pork was great rob. and thanks to terri and allen for a great place to race.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for hhq for having this race...we had a great time and the track really came around....got to see some old and new faces...the food, bathrooms and air compressor were awesome...hope to be back soon and see the improvements...thanks to everyone who helped me out through out the day...hhq is pretty close so i would love to come back for a cash or trophey race oh and to get some more fireworks lol....so keep us posted!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Track looks great. Can I come out and practice during the week days. I would like to come out this week.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HR-1320
Track looks great. Can I come out and practice during the week days. I would like to come out this week.
You can practice anytime. I believe it costs 5 bucks for 2 hrs and 10 for the whole day.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

I had a blast yesterday!! Everything was great and thanks to Anthony, Jesse and the rest of the crew for maintaining the track. I hope to make it back for the next race. I also want to thank Jesse for lending me his rear shocks!!!! A wonderful group of guys to race with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.