Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
what i've decided to get (want peoples opinions on it) >

what i've decided to get (want peoples opinions on it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

I decided I'm going to the Team Associated Nitro TC3. (by the way, if vtl1180ny is reading this, he better have something good to say instead of pickin on me. ) I've done hours of reading on it, and to me it seemed pretty good. But I want some peoples opinions on it before I get it. It's not the kit version either (i don't feel like spending more money on an engine and radio and servos and other stuff). Please let me know what you think of the car prior to previous encounters with it or just've heard a lot about them from other people.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

The RTR tc3 is an ok car. It doesn't have a 2-speed, its very fragile, and its not metric. I would go for the mtx-3 if you can. If not then the best rtr would be the yokomo prob. or something more durable than the tc3
Old 11-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

crappy electronics and cruddy engine. and before the AE camp comes in and says otherwise, i have owned an AE RTR and I am well aware of the car. you are better off getting a sport futaba FM, a sport OS engine, and the regular NTC3 kit than buying that RTR. The kit is actually quite nice.

chuck
Old 11-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

yse you will like the ntc3 awesome car
Old 11-21-2003, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Like I said kid its gonna cost to do it right any rtr is going to be fragile .Pullstart is gonna wear blisters first then build calouses. Your arm will hurt from yankin the yanker but the smell of YOUR burning nitro will ease the pain.I went to the track today and my Car didn't give me any love it wouldn't idle right Couldn't even get it close to running right and when I finally got it set I had to leave for work.... A Guy at the Track told me I have to Have patience with Nitro... I got in 1/2 lap in 2 1/2 hours.My $150 rice burner has givin me alot of headache But I'm still working at it not gonna give up on it.The stock AE motor will be easier to tune and run better then the Stock HPI stuff I've seen. Just Remember Full Throttle Means Full $$$$ in repair. Learn to drive it slow then Learn to Crash it easy.When you repair a broken part look to see what the price dif is on the hop ups if its a much stronger part for only half again the stock part price ie $15 vs $10 Get the hop up part.I already Told you and I'll State my Case again DO NOT buy a belt drive for parking lots.I Love my MTX3 but its Toast in a parkinglot.What is this now 4 people responding and 3 answers..... Nothing rtr is going to be close to a kit car and they aren't supposed to be. Go easy to start and save your money for the lightpole/curb/fence water puddle.As Far as the electronics in the rtr they are the best That I've seen in AM my replacements both sucked Airtronics Blazer. I Know this bit of advice is going to sound wrong but it will work well, Buy a condom(unlubricated not ribbed) or have MOM buy ya one for kicks! Put it over your ... Reciever and wires and zip tie it. That will help you in Water puddles the RX gets toasted with the smallest amount of water and a balloon is alot harder get over an RX. Electrical tape Helps but a good rubber seal works better.
Originally you asked for an alternative to HPI Super That
is all I am giving you . HPI Makes a Good Car and so Does AE if I were in your shoes from what i've seen of both I'd go with the AE.
Good Luck Kid! And remember to remind the Parents and rest of the Family a kid into R/c Doesn't have time for Drugs or mischivness Milk The Holiday Dollar!