Community
Wiki Posts
Search

question to 3pk users

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default question to 3pk users

i read in the futaba web site that you cannot slow down throttle servo speed when using hrs and the digital servos it requires.
does this apply also to the steering servo speed? I am thinking of getting this radio and one of the functions that i like is the ability to slow down the servo speed. I am a newbie and i feel i might need this function considering the speed the hrs system claims.

here is the exact faq from futaba site:

question:
I am trying to get my throttle servo speed to decrease on my 3PK. This is the same function as servo slow, but no matter how low I set it there is no change in the speed of my servo? What am I doing wrong?

answer:
If you are trying to use this function in the HRS mode, it will not work for you. The combination of the high speed HRS receiver and the Digital servos required for this will not allow any change in the speed of your servos.

Old 11-20-2003, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Don't worry about this too much.
I wanted to point out that there are 2 different kind of "speeds" to consider: one is the reaction time of the radio system - this is the part that HRS supposedly improves (I personally notice no change when going from HRS to normal receiver. I guess I'm just not fast enough myself). The other is the servo transit speed, this is the part that you set as "servo speed" from the Tx. HRS or no HRS makes no difference here (if servo speed is not limited by settings).
I don't know if slowing servo speed works in HRS mode, but from the Futaba answer you posted, it looks like the answer is negative. But methinks this is not a good thing to do anyway

I know you didn't ask _that_, but whether you actually _need_ 3PK and all it's bells & whistles is another story. I've been racing for >10 years and 99% time I only use steering & throttle EPAs, nothing else. I'm very happy with my 3PK, but it didn't make me any faster than I was with 3PDF. If you're a newbie, there are better ways to spend your money, (tires, batteries, charger and motors to name some).
Old 11-20-2003, 04:30 AM
Tech Rookie

i am thinking of getting the 3pk so that i can have a radio that i wont need to replace anytime soon. i like the feature that you can use almost any rx with it FM, PCM and HRS. learned the hard way of getting cheap stuff then having to buy again to replace it. cheaper in the long run.
Also looking at the M8 but its an old design and I think airtronics will come up with a new one soon, with the competition rolling out new radios. But it still is a great radio. .
Old 11-20-2003, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default 3pk

I have had my 3pk for a month now and it is the best radio i have ever had. My old radio was a r1 pro.
you can slow the steering servo speed down in both the turn in and return directions. I haven't used this radio on my nitro car yet so i don't know about slowing the throttle down, but using the expo function might work for you.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

You can slow down the servo speed on the radio. it is in one of the "menus" ( at work so I can't tell you what one). I will post it when I get home.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

you can try the radio first, you never know if you really need to slow down the servo until you try it